Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

As a neutral enjoyed that game.

Matic missed a stinker but united the better team in general.

Syferus

Will 0-0 be enough to save LVG? It really shouldn't be.

GJL

Quote from: Syferus on December 28, 2015, 08:41:08 PM

I think he is going nowhere and if Utd continue to play like they did today I would be happy enough.

snoopdog

Quote from: GJL on December 28, 2015, 08:43:19 PM

I think he is going nowhere and if Utd continue to play like they did today I would be happy enough.
But they won't .

seafoid

The focus should be on Woodward rather than LVG. The cancer is Woodward

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: GJL on December 28, 2015, 08:43:19 PM

Really?
United playing at home and hardly created a chance the whole second half
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

stew

If united continue to play like that I would be ok with him staying, I don't think they will however,fair play to LVG, he should be proud of that performance and I seem to have been wrong, they played for him yesterday, maybe there is hope for him yet.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

GJL

Quote from: stew on December 29, 2015, 02:02:38 PM
If united continue to play like that I would be ok with him staying, I don't think they will however,fair play to LVG, he should be proud of that performance and I seem to have been wrong, they played for him yesterday, maybe there is hope for him yet.

It was as if Giggs was calling the shots yesterday. Much more attacking.

Maroon Manc

We get a 0-0 against the most negative team who've come to OT and people think it was a good result, Chelsea still managed to create 3 great chances dispite offering little threat. Any sort of decent United team would have hammered the worst Chelsea team we've seen in a long time.

We'll see what happens against Swansea but if we fail to win he has to go, finishing in the top 4 is looking more and more difficult by the week.

Scholes has been slating LVG for months but now is defending him on the back of a run of 8 games without a win, it doesn't make sense. He must know his mate Giggsy is out the door if LVG is sacked as the strong rumour is Woodward doesn't like Giggs or the class of 92.

Syferus

Giggs would be straight back in the door when Woodward gets the inevitable sack himself at the rate things are going.

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 29, 2015, 07:47:09 PM
We get a 0-0 against the most negative team who've come to OT and people think it was a good result, Chelsea still managed to create 3 great chances dispite offering little threat. Any sort of decent United team would have hammered the worst Chelsea team we've seen in a long time.

We'll see what happens against Swansea but if we fail to win he has to go, finishing in the top 4 is looking more and more difficult by the week.

Scholes has been slating LVG for months but now is defending him on the back of a run of 8 games without a win, it doesn't make sense. He must know his mate Giggsy is out the door if LVG is sacked as the strong rumour is Woodward doesn't like Giggs or the class of 92.
I bet the reason why woodward doesn't like the 92 players is because they intimidate him intellectually because he is a banker, not a footbal man. The guy is a parasite.

AZOffaly

I thought that was strange too. A complete volte face. All I can think is that he has heard LVG is going nowhere and so he has decided that is the tune he is going to sing too.

annapr

Didn't take long for you to change your tune.  ;D
Fair play to you for sticking by your manager... Not!
A few bad results and you want him out, a few weeks ago anyone with that opinion was a chimp on the wind up.
I

Maroon Manc

Quote from: seafoid on December 29, 2015, 07:56:59 PM

I bet the reason why woodward doesn't like the 92 players is because they intimidate him intellectually because he is a banker, not a footbal man. The guy is a parasite.

in fairness Woodward does a great job with the business side of things but hadn't a clue when it comes to football, he either needs to learn quickly or bring someone in to help him.

magpie seanie

In case people thought I was gone missing recently may I remind you it was Christmas and between travelling and having many better things to do I wasn't inclined to get stuck into the same arguments again.

My faith in LVG has been dented but I do not see any reason to part company with him until the end of the season at least. Even if things don't improve and United miss CL qualification I think it would be idiotic to sack him with no better or potentially better replacement available. Despite all the complete horseshit written in the media about board meetings and deals done with Mourinho it seems to me that the United board are going to stick with the manager. I respect peoples opinions and plenty of people want LVG out but some of the carry on of United supporters in recent weeks is more than embarrassing. Stew's assertion that LVG doesn't care and is mailing it in to me is complete rubbish. The guy is clearly hurting and fighting as hard as he can. Maybe he doesn't have it any more and can't turn it around but I think he's doing his best.

The Chelsea performance was encouraging but to be fair as MM pointed out, they are pretty crap relative to the recent past. Hiddink has a tough job on his hands there, too many egos and a creaking defense that all their success was built on. These glimpses of how things should/could be (like the run towards the end of last season) make me wonder why it can't be like that all the time.