Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 23, 2012, 04:36:14 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 23, 2012, 03:31:06 PM
Of course Nrico the mind games eh?  ::) Course that myth was put to bed earlier by someone on this thread. But it just takes longer to sink in with some.

Fergie's no Michael Jackson.

Are you Mystic Meg in disguise?  Say what you mean man dear, I really don't have the time to go through near 1700 pages to see what you are spouting about.
Rafa's points per game was greater after the "breakdown" than before. Kinda makes sh!te outa the breakdown argument.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Square Ball

United pretty shite at the minute and QPR playing well
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

EC Unique

Back to top with equal games played. Looking like another battle of Manchester.

stew

Quote from: EC Unique on November 25, 2012, 11:21:22 PM
Back to top with equal games played. Looking like another battle of Manchester.

I don't see anything but another City title, United cannot continue to concede the first goal against weaker teams, do that against the top eight sides and they will lose.

Midfield is a real area of concern for United, Scholes is their best player in there and that is sad, Anderson is coming on and Kagawa is excellent and injured, they have Carrick who is out of form and Giggs who is done, with Fletcher who is trying to come back from his  illness.

Vidic is a big loss at the back, Evra cant defend worth a shite and Fergie wont start the wee pee.

City have no weaknesses, the best keeper in the business and the best keeper in the world imo, I don't see how they lose the league this year.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

EC Unique

Quote from: AFS on November 26, 2012, 04:44:38 AM
Quote from: stew on November 26, 2012, 01:42:59 AM
City have no weaknesses

As 8 wins out of 19 undoubtedly demonstrates.

I agree AFS. They don't look nearly as good as last season and this has been shown a number of times already.

Sooner or later Utd will stop conceding early goals, probably when Vidic gets back to match fitness and kick on from there. Scoring goals should not be a problem at any stage.

screenexile

Quote from: EC Unique on November 26, 2012, 09:23:44 AM
City have no weaknesses

I agree AFS. They don't look nearly as good as last season and this has been shown a number of times already.

Sooner or later Utd will stop conceding early goals, probably when Vidic gets back to match fitness and kick on from there. Scoring goals should not be a problem at any stage.

That's the thing though. City are playing awful at the minute and sooner or later they are going to find a bit of form and the truth is they have a better squad than Utd. Man Ure should have taken advantage of City's early season slump but they haven't. #manchesterisblue

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on November 26, 2012, 10:09:31 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 26, 2012, 09:23:44 AM
City have no weaknesses

That's the thing though. City are playing awful at the minute and sooner or later they are going to find a bit of form and the truth is they have a better squad than Utd. Man Ure should have taken advantage of City's early season slump but they haven't. #manchesterisblue

I don't think Citys squad is any better than United's.  Would City have coped last year with the players United were missing?  I think it speaks volumes about the quality of Uniteds squad that they finished level on points with City last year considering the number of injuries United had that robbed them of key personnel.  United are doing ok so far and I definitely think with Smalling, Jones and Vidic returning the defence will tighten up and the return of Kagawa will be another extra bonus as he looks top drawer.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Dinny Breen

City have a much better squad, United have the much better manager although his powers are definitely on the wane.
#newbridgeornowhere

ballinaman

nrico2006

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 26, 2012, 11:06:17 AM
City have a much better squad, United have the much better manager although his powers are definitely on the wane.

This kind of talk has been lumbered about for a while and to be honest I don't buy it.  The City squad is big and full of expensive signings but in all reality a lot of them are over-rated and not a lot of them are top class.  United have a very strong squad with strength in all areas and the age profile of the United squad is very encouraging.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

supersarsfields

United do not have strength in their midfield, and nor is the age profile of the midfield encouraging. They have a good strike force and would have a solid defence apart from injuries. City have the edge in all lines IMO bar maybe attack, and even there they have better strength in depth.

nrico2006

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 26, 2012, 12:30:53 PM
United do not have strength in their midfield, and nor is the age profile of the midfield encouraging. They have a good strike force and would have a solid defence apart from injuries. City have the edge in all lines IMO bar maybe attack, and even there they have better strength in depth.

City probably have the edge in midfield in that they have Yaya Toure, United have IMO the better defenders and strike force as well as wingers.

Captain Obvious

City have no weaknesses

Yes if had no weaknesses they wouldn't have dropped 10 points in the league already and be knocked out of the champions league.

stew

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 26, 2012, 04:47:26 PM
City have no weaknesses

Yes if had no weaknesses they wouldn't have dropped 10 points in the league already and be knocked out of the champions league.

It's then premier league and they are tucked in, in 2nd place, thats number 1.

As for 8 wins out of 17, thats true but every club lose form at times, just ask Real Madrid and look at how good they are, City have the squad to win it again and for United fans to be hoping Vidic in on the horizon, I think he is crocked and will never be the same player, smalling will help to some extent but I really think City will win this thing by 6 or more points.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.