Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onefaircounty

The United midfield is just awful, bloody awful. It's as bad as I can ever remember. Kagawa's injury was a real blow alright, but it's further back where the problem lies. You can drop Rooney back, get Kagawa back to fitness, but there is stilll a big old problem there. If I was Ferguson, I'd give Anderson a starting berth now, at least he has the desire to cover ground. Giggs is a legend and it's only natural he is waning, but Carrick never has, and never will be United standard.

The fact you are still going to win the league shows either a) there are no excellent teams in the league or b) your strikeforce is just incredible. A bit of both maybe.

NAG1

Quote from: onefaircounty on November 19, 2012, 09:06:05 AM
The United midfield is just awful, bloody awful. It's as bad as I can ever remember. Kagawa's injury was a real blow alright, but it's further back where the problem lies. You can drop Rooney back, get Kagawa back to fitness, but there is stilll a big old problem there. If I was Ferguson, I'd give Anderson a starting berth now, at least he has the desire to cover ground. Giggs is a legend and it's only natural he is waning, but Carrick never has, and never will be United standard.

The fact you are still going to win the league shows either a) there are no excellent teams in the league or b) your strikeforce is just incredible. A bit of both maybe.

The midfield has needed a bit of steel in it for a few seasons now, too easy to play through. But thing is that Rooney is the main man and without him no matter where he plays the team are just not the same. Bad result but looks like its going to be one of those seasons for all of the main contenders so no need to worry just yet.

nrico2006

Its been said for a long time on here that United need a midfield enforcer, someone who covers a lot of ground and adds a bit of steel in the middle to disrupt the opposition.  Fletcher has had some success in that role before and Anderson is probably the most mobile of all the midfielders we have, but I will never understand how any 2 of Carrick, Giggs and Scholes can be on the pitch at the one time.  The three of them are too static (at least the two oldies have father time to blame). 

As for the usual Liverpool fans coming on here, there would be some amount of bumps posted on the Liverpool page if one was posted for every Liverpool defeat.  I will admit that I used to love winding the Liverpool fans up after they lost, but those days ar elong gone.  Liverpool have fallen so badly that most United fans don't even bother with Liverpool fans anymore, defeats or bad results seem to be the norm for Liverpool.  You only have to look at the league table ffs.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 19, 2012, 09:57:37 AM
Its been said for a long time on here that United need a midfield enforcer, someone who covers a lot of ground and adds a bit of steel in the middle to disrupt the opposition.  Fletcher has had some success in that role before and Anderson is probably the most mobile of all the midfielders we have, but I will never understand how any 2 of Carrick, Giggs and Scholes can be on the pitch at the one time.  The three of them are too static (at least the two oldies have father time to blame). 

As for the usual Liverpool fans coming on here, there would be some amount of bumps posted on the Liverpool page if one was posted for every Liverpool defeat.  I will admit that I used to love winding the Liverpool fans up after they lost, but those days ar elong gone.  Liverpool have fallen so badly that most United fans don't even bother with Liverpool fans anymore, defeats or bad results seem to be the norm for Liverpool.  You only have to look at the league table ffs.

But they beat Wigan at the weekend Nrico, the comeback is on.
I have alot of time for Rodgers being a fellow Antrim man, but anyone else getting a bit sick of the interview style and the sickly laying on of the passing style and culture BS.

onefaircounty

Aww pets, are you getting annoyed? I think there was one Liverpool fan on the wind-up. Settle down.

ballinaman

Heading over to Old Trafford in the morning. Last time over at a home match, United were beat 1-3 by Fulham in 2003....did get to see Forlan actually score a goal for United though. Normally just go to away games.

trueblue1234

Of course Nrico the mind games eh?  ::) Course that myth was put to bed earlier by someone on this thread. But it just takes longer to sink in with some.

Fergie's no Michael Jackson.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

EC Unique

I think Fergie sees Rafa as a liltte play thing. He will f**k about a bit more with him this year.

I see Holiday Inn has named a particular type of room after Rafa...Perfect for short stays. ;D

laoislad

Rafa not the only one to take the bait easily.
Easy pickings in this thread as always.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jonah

Quote from: EC Unique on November 23, 2012, 03:32:15 PM
I think Fergie sees Rafa as a liltte play thing. He will f**k about a bit more with him this year.

For Christ sake you talk some shite.
Are you 12 years old?

STREET FIGHTER

I see Holiday Inn has named a particular type of room after Rafa...Perfect for short stays. ;D

?

Bingo

Quote from: ballinaman on November 23, 2012, 01:27:19 PM
Heading over to Old Trafford in the morning. Last time over at a home match, United were beat 1-3 by Fulham in 2003....did get to see Forlan actually score a goal for United though. Normally just go to away games.

Fingers crossed you'll get the same result  ;)

nrico2006

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 23, 2012, 03:31:06 PM
Of course Nrico the mind games eh?  ::) Course that myth was put to bed earlier by someone on this thread. But it just takes longer to sink in with some.

Fergie's no Michael Jackson.

Are you Mystic Meg in disguise?  Say what you mean man dear, I really don't have the time to go through near 1700 pages to see what you are spouting about.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Quote from: Jonah on November 23, 2012, 03:46:51 PM

For Christ sake you talk some shite.
Are you 12 years old?

No.

He drove him to distraction before and hopefully will do again.

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on November 23, 2012, 04:28:23 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 23, 2012, 01:27:19 PM

Fingers crossed you'll get the same result  ;)
Sound ;D