trailer

Quote from: Main Street on December 21, 2022, 12:30:21 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on December 20, 2022, 01:37:33 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on December 20, 2022, 11:40:13 AM
Quote from: trailer on December 20, 2022, 11:10:18 AM
https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2022/1220/1342878-rathkeale-limerick/

Travellers are great people altogether

Jumping to conclusions are ye?

Not in the slightest. Everyone knows it's Travellers "home" for Christmas, but RTE just say its related to a feud. Can't be offending them.
Nothing new here, some random Gaaboard regulars idiotically ranting against Travelers.
Soon someone will be saying they're as bad as Tyronies or even they're reminding people of the ethnic violence Belfast experienced on a daily basis during the last hundred years of its history.
Fortunate those Travelers were never in positions of power in the Magdalene Laundries or weren't educated enough to be child molesting teachers, never mind being pious enough to be a christian child molesting clergy. Perhaps those Travelers are involved in the murky world of drug dealing or pressuring women into prostitution, I doubt that. But when it comes to law and order misfits, those Travelers have to be enemy nr 1 of the state.

You're the king of dog shite and shite in a bucket.

Rossfan

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 21, 2022, 07:32:27 AM
Quote from: Main Street on December 21, 2022, 12:30:21 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on December 20, 2022, 01:37:33 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on December 20, 2022, 11:40:13 AM
Quote from: trailer on December 20, 2022, 11:10:18 AM
https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2022/1220/1342878-rathkeale-limerick/

Travellers are great people altogether

Jumping to conclusions are ye?

Not in the slightest. Everyone knows it's Travellers "home" for Christmas, but RTE just say its related to a feud. Can't be offending them.
Nothing new here, some random Gaaboard regulars idiotically ranting against Travelers.
Soon someone will be saying they're as bad as Tyronies or even they're reminding people of the ethnic violence Belfast experienced on a daily basis during the last hundred years of its history.
Fortunate those Travelers were never in positions of power in the Magdalene Laundries or weren't educated enough to be child molesting teachers, never mind being pious enough to be a christian child molesting clergy. Perhaps those Travelers are involved in the murky world of drug dealing or pressuring women into prostitution, I doubt that. But when it comes to law and order misfits, those Travelers have to be enemy nr 1 of the state.
That's some rant. No idea what the relevance is.

Seems to be saying it's alright for those Rathkeale scumbags to act like the thugs they are because of all the bad things that were done to other people over the last 100 years 🙄
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

On reflection, it is not as clear as it might be. There people are undoubtedly travellers, but 90% of the travellers who might come to Rathkeale Christmas do not in any way get up to this sort of thuggery.
Traveller commits crime, GAA players commits crime etc tends to associate people with the crime who have nothing to do with it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

whitey

Quote from: armaghniac on December 21, 2022, 03:07:59 PM
On reflection, it is not as clear as it might be. There people are undoubtedly travellers, but 90% of the travellers who might come to Rathkeale Christmas do not in any way get up to this sort of thuggery.
Traveller commits crime, GAA players commits crime etc tends to associate people with the crime who have nothing to do with it.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40018400.html

trailer

Quote from: whitey on December 21, 2022, 04:10:07 PM

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40018400.html

Tubberman

And the Travellers ramming cars in Patrickswell last night? Another few bad apples, but the vast majority are grand?

Do they contribute anything to society? Do they contribute anything to the public purse?
No - they're a drain on both, and a scourge on the nation.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

armaghniac

Quote from: Tubberman on December 22, 2022, 06:19:02 PM
And the Travellers ramming cars in Patrickswell last night? Another few bad apples, but the vast majority are grand?

Are you saying that the majority of travellers ram cars?

QuoteDo they contribute anything to society? Do they contribute anything to the public purse?

There is a spectrum being not being much use and some of the stuff these people get up to.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tonto1888

Do they contribute anything to society? Do they contribute anything to the public purse?

plenty of non travellers are the same. Do you have the same outrage for them?

Tubberman

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 24, 2022, 06:57:35 AM

plenty of non travellers are the same. Do you have the same outrage for them?

Yes, I do.
But the travellers want to be treated differently, as an ethnic minority, they are a distinct group of people they tell us.
So they can hardly complain when people refer to the behaviour of their society.
If the "main Irish ethnic group" behaved the same way, can you imagine what the place would be like!?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

trailer

Met a few travellers. Yet to meet a decent one. Will continue to look.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: trailer on December 28, 2022, 09:35:31 PM

Grew up with many around me. Many more decent than not but they don't make the news. Each people have different experiences but I wouldn't lump them all together. I genuinely suspect that very few people on this board have any real day to day experience of Travellers.

Milltown Row2

Yeah was teaching some travellers years ago and the guys were great, the lad that organised it was a top bloke.

Of course there are some headers but I know more headers from my own community to be fair
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 28, 2022, 10:23:54 PM
Quote from: trailer on December 28, 2022, 09:35:31 PM

Grew up with many around me. Many more decent than not but they don't make the news. Each people have different experiences but I wouldn't lump them all together. I genuinely suspect that very few people on this board have any real day to day experience of Travellers.

Im the same, went to school with some travellers and they were all good people. On the flip side, had to throw a couple out of the pub I worked in many years ago. I can tell the difference between a few idiots though.

general_lee

Went to primary school with a few travellers, didn't think any different of them then and I don't really think any different of them now. Like people from all walks of life, some are c***ts.

Rossfan

Some "lovely" people around!
Anyone hazard a guess as to the politics of the Sh1te throwing "people".

.https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-41041649.html
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM