Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

full moon

Gonna be a Dublin Mayo final again maybe. I expect Dublin to win it out once again unfortunately.

Quarter finals look like there may be drubbings on the cards with Clare and Cork/Limerick in there. Particularly if either get Dublin or Kerry.

SouthDublinBro

Cillian O'Connor and Aidan O'Shea are not just mediocre, they are actually bad players.

From the Bunker

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on June 11, 2022, 09:35:25 PM
Cillian O'Connor and Aidan O'Shea are not just mediocre, they are actually bad players.

..........and your point is?

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 11, 2022, 09:38:57 PM
..........and your point is?

That Mayo supporters need to choose their heroes more carefully.

befair

Roscommon 5 ots ahead, 68 mins, cruising, then they give a free on the right near the sideline; no worries, Clare unlikley to score. I looked away fro moment, then saw the free much closer in. Did the ref move it in? If so, when will players learn not to slobber at the ref (inside their own half.....)
That pony stopped the rot, gave Clare a lift and they started winning ball at midfield.
If Roscommon had contested the Clare kick-out in the first half they'd have won handsomely; their negativity ultimately got what it deserved.
Well done Clare; great spirit!!!!

pjm

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 11, 2022, 07:45:03 PM
We were a shambles for most of the match but had a bit of quality under pressure to steal the game. We looked like the players threw the tactics out the window and went for the game we looked a different team. Hard luck Kildare really probably should have won the game on balance.
Did the turnaround coincide with the substitution of Aidan?
Did he throw the usual strop when hauled off?

Wildweasel74

G u Mayo lads love to slag off your own players, brutal.

Rossfan

Just home devastated but unfortunately the flaws were evident against Sligo and Galway.
Management learned no lessons from the Galway game with no changes to a poor defence, 3 Dalys on one team and dropping Donie for Kikroy who seemed to be in the forwards rather than sweeping.
Cox and Enda should have been the ones dropped. Also I hope Heneghan had a knock or something as he deserved a start ahead of Kilroy.
Then despite playing at League pace and intensity for 40 minutes we stirred ourselves and outscored Clare 9-1 to lead byv5 and there only appeared one winner.
Then we conceded 1-3 in the closing stages....
After 4 years with 3 of them being awful in Championship it's time for Anthony C to step aside. It's time to pick a few defenders on the panel and work some system around them to at least keep our concession rate down.
We had one promising defender from last year's u20 panel on the Senior squad but he was let off instead of at least keeping him training and giving him some game time in League.
Well done to Clare who you know will always be honest, intense, well coached and have a gameplan and play to the Final whistle.
And to compound a bad day Kildare didn't bate the fkn Rhubarbs
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mup

Quote from: Hound on June 11, 2022, 07:38:33 PM
Well done Mayo, never give up.

Will be favourites if they get the Ulster/Connacht side and will be the last team Dublin or Kerry want.

Big missed opportunity for Kildare.

I'd say you are more than happy going by your comments all evening. 🙄

mup

Quote from: seafoid on June 11, 2022, 09:09:47 PM
Kildare aren't that far ahead of Meath.
One round. Leinster fuball is still broken

Meath. Ah here. Meath are shocking.

thewobbler

Commentator said today that Keegan is among the Mayo greats.
I would, quite controversially, hold the opinion that Lee Keegan is the greatest player I've ever seen.

JoG2

Quote from: thewobbler on June 11, 2022, 11:10:58 PM
I would, quite controversially, hold the opinion that Lee Keegan is the greatest player I've ever seen.

Definitely a modern great. Has everything in his locker, especially leadership.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Warrior

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 11, 2022, 11:15:45 PM

Warrior

Did he ping 2 over today, one with each foot? Some baller tbf

Edit - still might happen but is in the conversation for greatest footballer never to win an AI yes?