Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Neutral ground too so clones?

yellowcard

Every single fixture including Tailteann cup three out teams close to each other geographically. You just have to laugh, balls must have been in the oven.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Gael80 on June 06, 2022, 08:43:23 AM
The only thing to do is laugh after that draw. How can 'a draw' throw up an all Ulster game time and time again? There were two Ulster counties left then by pure luck of the draw they get each other....🤔

Ballybofey, All Ireland Champions and Donegal again. Armagh certainly have not had luck of the draw this season.

Games are to be played at neutral venues.  Omagh maybe? Help the Tyrone ones feel part of something still.

balladmaker

Quote from: balladmaker on May 30, 2022, 10:16:30 AM
Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on May 30, 2022, 08:19:09 AM
No restrictions mentioned for Rd 2 draw...

"Round 2
11-12.06.2022 (Sat/Sun)
(Four Games)
Each of the four defeated Provincial Finalists shall play against one of the four winners from Round 1.
An open draw shall be made to determine the pairings.
Venues for Round 2 shall be determined by the CCCC."

So a Round 2 guaranteed fixture will be winners from Armagh/Tyrone v Donegal ;)

Yup, 4 to 1 chances do come in ::)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: An Watcher on June 06, 2022, 08:46:44 AM
Neutral ground too so clones?

Or a double-header in CP with Mayo/Kildare.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

snoopdog

The gaa are a joke. It's purely for gate receipts.

yellowcard

Every single fixture including Tailteann cup threw out teams close to each other geographically. You just have to laugh, balls must have been in the oven.

An Watcher

4/1 chances do come in but every flipping draw.  Tyrone Armagh, Cavan Fermanagh, Armagh Donegal.  My interest is gone but I'd be p1ssed off if I was an armagh fan

Dreadnought

Quote from: An Watcher on June 06, 2022, 08:53:45 AM
4/1 chances do come in but every flipping draw.  Tyrone Armagh, Cavan Fermanagh, Armagh Donegal.  My interest is gone but I'd be p1ssed off if I was an armagh fan

Cavan Down the week before too. Every draw where there was Ulster teams, they drew each other.

balladmaker

Quote from: An Watcher on June 06, 2022, 08:53:45 AM

You really do have to question the transparency of these draws ...  if the GAA want to make them as see through as possible, why not have them on the Sunday Game either on afternoon or 9.30pm show.  Instead, let's opt for radio on Monday morning ... I watched it on the live RTE News channel ... all you could hear were voices, with an odd cut over to the person doing the draw after they had opened it ... seriously, if the GAA want to be seen to be beyond reproach on these draws, then a rethink is needed.  The 'coincidental' nature of the draws across both competitions week after week is fishy to say the least ... but surely the GAA and RTE would not be in cahoots with rigging a draw  ???

Redhand Santa

If they are fixing it they aren't doing themselves any favours. Armagh would have brought a big crowd to any game this week. No need to put them v Donegal. And now they are going to be stuck with Cork or Limerick in a one sided quarter final that will interest no one. Even Roscommon or Clare won't bring a huge interest on the back of that victory.

JoeSoap

Ah folks, there's no conspiracy, it's just a crap draw. I doubt there'll be many Donegal at it to be very honest.

Gold

Sickened with that draw

What a load of absolute shite...balls in the freezer

Armagh lethal but no way can they back it up 2 weeks in a row...Next to impossible

Soupy Campbell is up there with the best players in the country to watch
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Armagh18

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 06, 2022, 09:01:21 AM
If they are fixing it they aren't doing themselves any favours. Armagh would have brought a big crowd to any game this week. No need to put them v Donegal. And now they are going to be stuck with Cork or Limerick in a one sided quarter final that will interest no one. Even Roscommon or Clare won't bring a huge interest on the back of that victory.
can't have them pesky Ulster teams getting to latter stages!

Anyway I'd say our lads will be chomping at the bit for another go at Donegal. 

tiempo

2022 Ulster roadshow episode 13 bring it on