Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 760742 times)

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #14490 on: April 07, 2021, 11:18:10 PM »
That would be fair enough in that respect, I meant it regarding a domestic, kind of hard system where those who don't take the vaccine are excluded from society. That is a dark, dark path to even think about going down.

Are we seriously suggesting you must prove you have a vaccination to enter a Bar? Do we have vaccinated only Bars? Do we have run riot no rules Bars? It's mad.

The dark, dark path is the continued placement of ideology above scientific evidence.

Proper dark ages stuff. But don't expect the cheerleaders to look in a mirror and realise any time soon.
i usse an speelchekor

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #14491 on: April 07, 2021, 11:40:00 PM »
There is lots of debate about domestic vaccine passports & the rights and wrongs of it.

I can see how some people say it will infringe on their rights and being able to live a normalish life and thats a fair point which will be heavily scrutinised.

Nah, they can fuk off with their rights.

The sensible have a right not to be in danger of infection from mutated variants that developed in unvaccinated idiots.

So people should not have the right to choose whether or not to take something that has been shown to cause blood clotting?

This is why zealots are dangerous.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #14492 on: April 08, 2021, 09:01:00 AM »
There is lots of debate about domestic vaccine passports & the rights and wrongs of it.

I can see how some people say it will infringe on their rights and being able to live a normalish life and thats a fair point which will be heavily scrutinised.

The sensible have a right not to be in danger of infection from mutated variants that developed in unvaccinated idiots.
Na. If Iím vaccinated itís none of my business who else is and isnít. Trying to force people to take a vaccine is vile.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #14493 on: April 08, 2021, 09:16:33 AM »
That would be fair enough in that respect, I meant it regarding a domestic, kind of hard system where those who don't take the vaccine are excluded from society. That is a dark, dark path to even think about going down.

Are we seriously suggesting you must prove you have a vaccination to enter a Bar? Do we have vaccinated only Bars? Do we have run riot no rules Bars? It's mad.

The dark, dark path is the continued placement of ideology above scientific evidence.

Proper dark ages stuff. But don't expect the cheerleaders to look in a mirror and realise any time soon.

What you are suggesting is mandatory vaccination?

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #14494 on: April 08, 2021, 09:20:34 AM »

Na. If Iím vaccinated itís none of my business who else is and isnít. Trying to force people to take a vaccine is vile.

A willingness to infect people with Covid is vile.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #14495 on: April 08, 2021, 09:24:23 AM »

A willingness to infect people with Covid is vile.
Get the vaccine then and youíre laughing. No ones business who does and doesnít. Iím not anti vax btw and will take it when itís my turn.

J70

• View Profile
« Reply #14496 on: April 08, 2021, 12:11:48 PM »

What you are suggesting is mandatory vaccination?

I'm living in NY.

My kids were required to have received the recommended list of childhood vaccines for MMR, Hep B, polio etc. before they were permitted to be enrolled in daycare/creche facilities and after that, school. Meningitis and other vaccines will come later. No exceptions except for medical reasons. If I didn't want them vaccinated, then it was either homeschool, leave NYC, or try to find some school were the administrators were turning a blind eye to vaccinations (which worked out well in the Orthodox Jewish community in and around NYC in recent years with measles outbreaks).

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14497 on: April 08, 2021, 12:19:08 PM »

So people should not have the right to choose whether or not to take something that has been shown to cause blood clotting?

People can choose to do what they like but to say that everyone else has to be OK with it is wrong!

Don't get vaccinated fair enough but don't expect to be getting on a plane/eating in a restaurant/drinking in a bar if you're likely to infect and kill people!

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #14498 on: April 08, 2021, 12:21:12 PM »

People can choose to do what they like but to say that everyone else has to be OK with it is wrong!

Don't get vaccinated fair enough but don't expect to be getting on a plane/eating in a restaurant/drinking in a bar if you're likely to infect and kill people!
Thats a ridiculous take. Get your vaccine then and youíve nothing to worry about

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #14499 on: April 08, 2021, 12:26:52 PM »

Jesus wept.

Last Man

• View Profile
« Reply #14500 on: April 08, 2021, 12:46:27 PM »

Thats a ridiculous take. Get your vaccine then and youíve nothing to worry about

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3K59YNpZZZ5azVJ6ifQs6d?si=oDXkrdxYQPO_YaK3nrkqKw&nd=1

Theres still plenty of differing views if not friendly debate, its understandable that some people may not agree with the vaccine program. Just for the record I've had mine but I would say I am far from convinced about the strategy when the people taking responsibilty for their personal health is never on the agenda. And among the biggest winners in lock down have been Off Licences and Takeaways!!

dublin7

• View Profile
« Reply #14501 on: April 08, 2021, 12:59:09 PM »
Interesting story for those who don't want to get the vaccine. While it doesn't apply to covid it shows there is a precedent there if some countries want to make covid vaccinations mandatory. Personally I don't think pubs/restaurants etc should require covid passports, but if' you're travelling abroad it should be mandatory due to the different mutations.   

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56669397

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #14502 on: April 08, 2021, 01:01:27 PM »
Interesting story for those who don't want to get the vaccine. While it doesn't apply to covid it shows there is a precedent there if some countries want to make covid vaccinations mandatory. Personally I don't think pubs/restaurants etc should require covid passports, but if' you're travelling abroad it should be mandatory due to the different mutations.   

Yeah thereís probably an argument for vaccine passports to go on holidays, but domestically it is a ridiculous idea.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #14503 on: April 08, 2021, 01:05:03 PM »

Hysteria and coercion.

The bolded bit is not the contribution of a normal person.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #14504 on: April 08, 2021, 01:55:09 PM »

Yeah thereís probably an argument for vaccine passports to go on holidays, but domestically it is a ridiculous idea.

Vaccine passport for travel will happen, there's no argument for it not to. Pubs, restaurants etc will follow guidelines. Can't see a pub vaccine coming in. That's the rhetoric of the deranged, and very vocal minority ring wing, anti-vaxx etc. Yet they'll shout down the vast majority of folk who trust in the science and just want to do their bit to get things back to normal, calling them zealots, fascists etc. A more transparent playbook you'll not see.
Science they told us repeatedly has failed us. Science then plays a blinder and they're scrapping around the Internet for anything to support their warped logic. 2 of the GP Anne McCloskeys supporters, I seen them queued for their vaccines ffs!
Hard to admit you've been wrong when you've talking out your hole for 13 months.