Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 1074727 times)

Hectic

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #16650 on: October 18, 2021, 05:44:23 PM »
So presumably you big blouses like data that shows vaccination reduces hospital risk and death risk but don’t like data showing that those vaccinated and aged over 30 are more likely to test positive?

Apologies for my lack of familiarity with this site but someone remind me how to share screenshots.

Thanks.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #16651 on: October 18, 2021, 06:26:46 PM »
So presumably you big blouses like data that shows vaccination reduces hospital risk and death risk but don’t like data showing that those vaccinated and aged over 30 are more likely to test positive?

Apologies for my lack of familiarity with this site but someone remind me how to share screenshots.

Thanks.

Lol, around 80% of people over 30 have been vaccinated. That means that they’re the vast majority of the population. That also means because there’s way more of them there might even be more vaccinated people in that age bracket who’ve got Covid. That doesn’t equate to someone who’s vaccinated being more likely to get Covid. It’s the complete opposite.

Hectic

• View Profile
« Reply #16652 on: October 18, 2021, 06:27:31 PM »
In the absence of knowing how to share data shots here is a one stop shop from the UK:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1019992/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_38.pdf

May I refer you to tables 2, 3, 4 from page 13.

And just for a bit of fun here are a few quiz questions.

Which county in Ireland has the highest vaccination rate?

Which county in Ireland has the highest infection rate?

Which county in Ireland has the 2nd highest vaccination rate?

Which county in Ireland has the 2nd highest infection rate?

The clue is there are only two answers.

And anyway back to my main point and that is this.  Those who remain unvaccinated have already made their mind up so you are not going to change their mind by shouting at them or discriminating against them.

Many of these unvaccinated will be at an extremely low risk of hospitalisation and many will already have natural immunity.

So for me the argument rests on impact on services.

We know the younger part of population is more likely to be unvaccinated and also be lowest risk.  But we know this is general and there will be high risk among the unvaccinated and of these many might not even know they are high risk.

So why have we not approached risk profile and steps to mitigate such a losing weight?  FFS have you seen the weight some people have put on during this while they should have been focusing hard the other way? And don’t be peddling widely available vaccines as reason everyone should just go and get vaccinated.  That is a lazy argument at best and as already mentioned you are not going to change these individuals minds easily.

Oh and I think it is great that we now have so many unselfish people in society.  So much so I wonder why we have a housing crisis.  Surely all these virtuous unselfish citizens should be easily able to accommodate the homeless and some.

Hectic

• View Profile
« Reply #16653 on: October 18, 2021, 06:29:24 PM »

Thanks.

Lol, around 80% of people over 30 have been vaccinated. That means that they’re the vast majority of the population. That also means because there’s way more of them there might even be more vaccinated people in that age bracket who’ve got Covid. That doesn’t equate to someone who’s vaccinated being more likely to get Covid. It’s the complete opposite.

Apologies.  I should have said per 100,000 population but good to see you are sharp onto that as would of course be a very relevant point in the absence of detail from me.

general_lee

• View Profile
« Reply #16654 on: October 18, 2021, 09:49:57 PM »
See that bastard Hutchings has contracted Covid. Good chance he got if off one of those loyalist scumbags he kept hugging on his way into court. Oh, the irony.
Brown bread. Shame he didn’t live to see out the rest of his trial

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #16655 on: October 18, 2021, 10:16:38 PM »
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1019992/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_38.pdf

May I refer you to tables 2, 3, 4 from page 13.

Look at column 2 of table 2. Notice the inversion when comparing to column 2 of tables 3 and 4?

... and obviously look at columns 8 and 9 of tables 3 and 4.

Vaccines are (unfortunately) not bullet proof, but they do markedly reduce risk of serious illness.

Is that good enough? Probably not. But without giving people a mix up of vaccines to see if targeting different aspects gives better immune responses, we don't really have anything else.
i usse an speelchekor

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #16656 on: October 19, 2021, 03:10:41 AM »
https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1254185/

Speaking on RTÉ's This Week, Mr Reid also said 40% of people in hospital with Covid are below the age of 65 and of those in ICU 65% are unvaccinated.

Lookit

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #16657 on: October 19, 2021, 06:41:35 AM »
But people who are unvaccinated are more likely to catch Covid than people who are vaccinated, therefore, you are much safer eating in a restaurant that only allows vaccinated to attend.

Been a long time away and should probably have stayed away given this sort of drivel filling up pages.

recent data shows that out with those under 30 (the group at an almost zero risk of death from Covid) the vaccinated are significantly more likely to catch Covid.

Just to confirm that the link the drivelmeister put up himself proves this is completely and utterly false (table 2 page 13), as we all knew anyway.

But he did perform a very useful service.  Tables 3, 4 and 5 on pages 14-16 show clearly and indisputably just how valuable vaccines are, with hospitalization and death rates for the unvaccinated being multiples times in excess of the vaccinated.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #16658 on: October 19, 2021, 09:18:01 AM »
Is yer man just a Gemmaroidbot who's been tasked with spreading anti vaccination sh1te?
Remember we're a noble race from a land where Kings once trod.

balladmaker

• Irish To The Core!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16659 on: October 19, 2021, 09:19:37 AM »
Due to travel international in a few weeks time.  The fact that I'll be 6 months since second vaccine then concerns me given what appears to be increasing discussion ref. the waning immunity within this timeframe.  Effectively I could be on an long haul flight with limited immunity ... a booster jab before then would be good, but that is a long way off.  So I've a decision to make ref. going or not.

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #16660 on: October 19, 2021, 10:34:46 AM »
Due to travel international in a few weeks time.  The fact that I'll be 6 months since second vaccine then concerns me given what appears to be increasing discussion ref. the waning immunity within this timeframe.  Effectively I could be on an long haul flight with limited immunity ... a booster jab before then would be good, but that is a long way off.  So I've a decision to make ref. going or not.

You've had the 2 jabs, take all precautions, adhere to all regs Ballad and go for it.

Hectic

• View Profile
« Reply #16661 on: October 19, 2021, 10:51:14 AM »
But people who are unvaccinated are more likely to catch Covid than people who are vaccinated, therefore, you are much safer eating in a restaurant that only allows vaccinated to attend.

Been a long time away and should probably have stayed away given this sort of drivel filling up pages.

recent data shows that out with those under 30 (the group at an almost zero risk of death from Covid) the vaccinated are significantly more likely to catch Covid.

Just to confirm that the link the drivelmeister put up himself proves this is completely and utterly false (table 2 page 13), as we all knew anyway.

But he did perform a very useful service.  Tables 3, 4 and 5 on pages 14-16 show clearly and indisputably just how valuable vaccines are, with hospitalization and death rates for the unvaccinated being multiples times in excess of the vaccinated.

So you don’t accept the data in table 2 showing if over 30 and vaccinated, significantly more likely to test positive for this coronavirus.

However, you like the data confirming what I posted about positive impact on hospitalisations and deaths.

All contained within the same report but not all fitting your narrative.

Ladies and Gentlemen (and others), I give you confirmation bias.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 11:38:05 AM by Hectic »

Hectic

• View Profile
« Reply #16662 on: October 19, 2021, 10:59:29 AM »
https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1254185/

Speaking on RTÉ's This Week, Mr Reid also said 40% of people in hospital with Covid are below the age of 65 and of those in ICU 65% are unvaccinated.

I wonder how many are obese, have alcohol/liver issues and other underlying issues both self inflicted and as a result of poor luck.

As I said before these are the people who have been failed by advice, or rather lack of, about risk profiles.

Perhaps if they were better informed they would have made different choices.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.axios.com/bmi-obesity-severe-risk-factors-covid-19-cdc-063fb142-234c-4654-98b1-de357fb8df87.html

And to think we have people shouting for vaccination of children to protect adults.  Aside from being completely counter intuitive for humans to use children as a shield it is the adults themselves, in most cases, who could protect themselves.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #16663 on: October 19, 2021, 11:13:57 AM »

Perhaps if they were better informed they would have made different choices.

They were, we all told them to get vaccinated but they did not.

And to think we have people shouting for vaccination of children to protect adults.  Aside from being completely counter intuitive for humans to use children as a shield it is the adults themselves, in most cases, who could protect themselves.

It is proper for society to act to protect the vulnerable, whether they be adults or children.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #16664 on: October 19, 2021, 11:19:59 AM »

You realise that we already vaccinate babies for lots of things, yes?

What is the ideological objection to vaccinating children of all ages for Covid if and when the vaccines are approved for children of all ages?

I can only think it would be an ideological objection to vaccinating children for anything?