Gamers

Started by Malone Aristocrat, May 19, 2007, 02:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malone Aristocrat

Couple of questions:

1) what is the difference between an XBOX 360 CORE and an XBOX 360 premium?

2) some of my pc games will allow me to play using a gaming controller and with others you must use the keyboard. is there any way to know which games the controller can be used on before purchasing?

Malone Aristocrat

Uladh

Surely there wil be some sort of indicator on the casing to tell you its controller compatible?

pintsofguinness

Well now that the playstation 3 going down in price who's picking it up? 
I think I'll wait I'll while longer myself, how long before you crack laoislad?

Or has anyone got one yet?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 10, 2007, 09:15:43 PM

Was gonna wait for Santa Claus to bring it.Has anyone bought it yet?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on May 19, 2007, 02:33:55 PM

According to Amazon.co.uk, a proper Xbox 360 gives you a 20GB hard drive, a wireless controller, a better TV cable, a headest and a wallet lighter by about £60.

Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on May 19, 2007, 02:33:55 PM2) some of my pc games will allow me to play using a gaming controller and with others you must use the keyboard. is there any way to know which games the controller can be used on before purchasing?

In these days of USB ports and easily downloaded drivers, controllers should work with every game for which they might conceivably be useful.

Tankie

Quote from: deiseach on July 10, 2007, 09:32:58 PM
Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on May 19, 2007, 02:33:55 PM

According to Amazon.co.uk, a proper Xbox 360 gives you a 20GB hard drive, a wireless controller, a better TV cable, a headest and a wallet lighter by about £60.

Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on May 19, 2007, 02:33:55 PM2) some of my pc games will allow me to play using a gaming controller and with others you must use the keyboard. is there any way to know which games the controller can be used on before purchasing?

In these days of USB ports and easily downloaded drivers, controllers should work with every game for which they might conceivably be useful.

XBOX 360 premium is the way to go, its a savage machine for the price!
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

I got a lend of the 360 off a mate,Didn't like it at all
Hated the controller and the games didn't look much different to the 2nd generation consoles
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

I was thinking about getting 360 but there seems to be f**k all games for it, compared with ps2 anyway and only about five I'd buy.

The Real Laoislad

Any idea on what price the PS3 will be reduced to?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

Quote from: Tankie on July 10, 2007, 09:35:47 PM

I can't believe anyone would save the price of one game to go without the hard drive, the headset (essential surely for online gaming) and the wireless controller.

pintsofguinness

Playstation 3: Do you care it's $100 cheaper?

After weeks of rumors suggesting as much -- rumors that the company went to the trouble of denying -- Sony confirmed that it's dropping $100 off the price of its lagging Playstation 3 game system. In the face of tough competition from the far cheaper Nintendo Wii ($249) and Microsoft XBox 360 ($399 for the most popular "premium" system), the Sony machine will drop from $599 to $499. In addition, in August, the company will unveil a new PS3 model with a fatter hard drive -- the 80 GB system (compared to the current 60 GB model) will go for $599.

I suppose this could seal the purchase for anyone who's been on the fence about the PS3. The bad news for Sony is that others can play the price game too. Speculation now centers on Microsoft -- will it lower the XBox sticker? Analysts are reporting that Microsoft will in fact do so, slashing each of its XBox editions systems by about $50 (the premium version will go down to $349). So PS3 will still be more than $100 heftier than anything else on the market -- and even then, Sony's going to lose money on each unit it sells, while both Nintendo and MS won't. (The price cut will eat into MS's tiny $75 per-unit profit, though.)

So go ahead, buy your PS3 today. But maybe if you wait six months the real firesale will begin!

http://machinist.salon.com/blog/2007/07/09/ps3_price_drop/index.htm

Price drop here still has to be announced.

Tankie

Quote from: deiseach on July 10, 2007, 09:49:51 PM
Quote from: Tankie on July 10, 2007, 09:35:47 PM

I can't believe anyone would save the price of one game to go without the hard drive, the headset (essential surely for online gaming) and the wireless controller.

well of course, its pointless buying an Xbox without the memory, head set is also essential as you say.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 10, 2007, 09:15:43 PM

Im in two minds over it.  I wont be getting it for awhile yet but I might get it near Christmas.  I mean I have hardly played my PS2 in the last 6 months and have no interest in it but I might get the PS3 for GTA IV and the new Smackdown game.

nifan

Sony annonced that they wouldnt be dropping the price of the PS3 much in Europe despite dropping it in Japan and US. Not sure if thats still their policy.