Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

toby47

Quote from: shawshank on May 20, 2024, 10:16:43 AMSenior league up an running. Kilrea doing well  ;D Coleraine in a serious diffs. Glen ticking over considering the players they are short. Magherafelt should be doing better. I believe that Loup management have walked. I expect to see the mood change around mid June as team starting lifting their prep for championship. Lavey top in the intermediate league.

It's crazy to think, for most teams it's over the halfway point in the league (7 games played out of 13). Very low key, been to a few games, played almost like friendlies, with both teams missing lot's of players in any game i've been at.

shawshank

Clubs voted to make the league meaningless. Cb wanted to make the leagues more competitive and clubs looked after their own interests

Wildweasel74

I been to a number of games, think they competive enough. There not alot of goalkeeping options in the county. Not alot of possible stand out future county men. Alot of the very good players are not big. There is a very good lad playing No.11 for Castledawson whos he? Wouldn't be the biggest!

tbrick18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 20, 2024, 09:44:38 PMI been to a number of games, think they competive enough. There not alot of goalkeeping options in the county. Not alot of possible stand out future county men. Alot of the very good players are not big. There is a very good lad playing No.11 for Castledawson whos he? Wouldn't be the biggest!

I don't get to many club games these days but I'd have though there were some good players coming through from those county minor/u20 sides? We already have a 2nd keeper in Scullion at the senior county level so we're covered there for a while.
Championship is usually competitive enough, 3 teams realistic contenders and 1 or 2 others can always can always win on a given day.

toby47

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 21, 2024, 11:28:04 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 20, 2024, 09:44:38 PMI been to a number of games, think they competive enough. There not alot of goalkeeping options in the county. Not alot of possible stand out future county men. Alot of the very good players are not big. There is a very good lad playing No.11 for Castledawson whos he? Wouldn't be the biggest!

I don't get to many club games these days but I'd have though there were some good players coming through from those county minor/u20 sides? We already have a 2nd keeper in Scullion at the senior county level so we're covered there for a while.
Championship is usually competitive enough, 3 teams realistic contenders and 1 or 2 others can always can always win on a given day.

Not that competitive the last couple of years. Glen have cake walked it (although I think you mean apart from them it's fairly competitive)

The result of the last 3 finals.

2021 - Glen 1-13 0-7 Slaughtneil
2022 - Glen 1-12 0-7 Slaughtneil
2023 - Glen 1-13 0-7 Magherafelt

Incredible consistency from Glen when you even look at those 3 score lines. Keeping the opposition to 0-7 in 3 finals in a row.

They had 6 men in the Derry squad at the weekend (Ciaran McFaul, Conor Glass, Emmett Bradley, Ethan Doherty, Eunan Mulholland, Danny McDermott)
Conleith Mcguckin left the panel a few weeks ago & Johnny McGuckain just finishing up with the u20's, he really looks the part too.

Their team is frightening, and then you start to add in other household names Dougan, Warnock, Carville, Tallon, Doherty, Flanagan etc

JoG2

Quote from: toby47 on May 22, 2024, 11:05:16 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on May 21, 2024, 11:28:04 AM

Not that competitive the last couple of years. Glen have cake walked it (although I think you mean apart from them it's fairly competitive)

The result of the last 3 finals.

2021 - Glen 1-13 0-7 Slaughtneil
2022 - Glen 1-12 0-7 Slaughtneil
2023 - Glen 1-13 0-7 Magherafelt

Incredible consistency from Glen when you even look at those 3 score lines. Keeping the opposition to 0-7 in 3 finals in a row.

They had 6 men in the Derry squad at the weekend (Ciaran McFaul, Conor Glass, Emmett Bradley, Ethan Doherty, Eunan Convery, Danny McDermott)
Conleith Mcguckin left the panel a few weeks ago & Johnny McGuckain just finishing up with the u20's, he really looks the part too.

Their team is frightening, and then you start to add in other household names Dougan, Warnock, Carville, Tallon, Doherty, Flanagan etc

Serious squad. With the age profile of Slaughtneil, only Magherafelt rally come close re squad strength

quit yo jibbajabba

Lavey were well primed to compete before, well ye know....

Rawhide

Quote from: Rawhide on December 13, 2023, 10:31:51 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 12, 2023, 11:29:09 PMI suppose they'll be various speed wobbles along the way, part and parcel of committees.. From the outside looking in, it's not so bad (performance wise)

The problem is that there was alot of work done behind the scenes when McKeever got the V Chair post. He put together a football committee (they were side-lined as they were holding certain people to account)that shaped the high performance aspect of the county teams. That was designed to bring continuity to our county teams regardless of who was in charge, the managers might change but the elite performance aspects would remain. That has been dismantled and you have Harte (who i hope continues to do well) coming in with his own backroom team. In other words we are going back to how our county teams were run 6 yrs ago and beyond. The long term effect of this approach will come home to roast in 8/10 yrs time if it is not remedied.

I think, on the back of Cahair O'Kanes article in the I.N. about the amount of injuries we are experiencing. I'll recyle this post I made on 13th December.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Wildweasel74

Is it not the point that P Highes went to New Zealand? Whos the current S&A coach.

JoG2

Quote from: Rawhide on May 22, 2024, 02:18:46 PM
Quote from: Rawhide on December 13, 2023, 10:31:51 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 12, 2023, 11:29:09 PMI suppose they'll be various speed wobbles along the way, part and parcel of committees.. From the outside looking in, it's not so bad (performance wise)

The problem is that there was alot of work done behind the scenes when McKeever got the V Chair post. He put together a football committee (they were side-lined as they were holding certain people to account)that shaped the high performance aspect of the county teams. That was designed to bring continuity to our county teams regardless of who was in charge, the managers might change but the elite performance aspects would remain. That has been dismantled and you have Harte (who i hope continues to do well) coming in with his own backroom team. In other words we are going back to how our county teams were run 6 yrs ago and beyond. The long term effect of this approach will come home to roast in 8/10 yrs time if it is not remedied.

I think, on the back of Cahair O'Kanes article in the I.N. about the amount of injuries we are experiencing. I'll recyle this post I made on 13th December.

Loughlin's not an long standing groin condition that finally needed surgery?
Doherty's quad hasn't been right since the crafty 'tackle' by Maher in Salthill during the league game? Not training related.
Murphy's injury occur at training?
McEvoy's hamstring.. In a big panel of players this will happen. We've been very lucky with injuries the last couple of seasons.
If it's a change of S&C and people are pointing fingers, why is the number not greater from 14 odd games and countless tough training sessions?
I'd say if you went through every panel in Ireland since the league started this year we'd pretty average re the amount of injuries