USFC Round 1: Derry vs. Antrim

Started by whiskeysteve, May 06, 2007, 09:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus Marillius

At a guess from memory...the subs
Don kelly, Danny Quinn, Eamon Burns, Steven Mulvenna(the only Antrim man to have an All ireland senior football medal) Richard Ferris, Dermot Mc Nicholl, Karl Diamond, Briam Mc Cormaick and possibly Dermot ONeill

John Joe I wont even discuss it, for anyone to suggest Lockhart is a better CHB than Downey, a man who played there in numerous championships for derry (in winning Ulster and All Irelands FFS) against a man who has never played a championship match until this sunday in the position. Thats just a start. I wont do it, your wasting my time

North Antrim

John Joe........have been keeping an eye on you recently........

How would you rate Frank Delargy as a manager/Coach???

North Antrim

johnjoe

Now Max!

Not saying at all that Lockhart is better than Downey. But are you saying Lockhart wouldnt make your team.

In fact, forget my team completely, what would yours be.

Any one can criticise, but unless you have a go yourself, it still comes across as a cheap shot!

Maximus Marillius

I wont...and I'tell u why...nearly all of the current team have not even gotten us to an Ulster final, never mind won and then go on and won an All Ireland. If you cannot get to even an Ulster final how can they even start to be compared. Lochhart and Muldoon have Ulster medals thats it. Bradley played in one Ulster final in which he was shite. All of the players in the 93 team at some point delivered in big games be it Ulster or Croke park  or against Down/ Donegals(91,92,93,94) who were All Ireland champions.Others delivered in 87 and others in 98, never mind the National Leagues.  For example Mark Lynch has yet to play ONE big game against quality opposition in championship that would make you say...yeah he's there, so how can he even be put in the same sentence. These are the facts...I am not even using attitude as a criteria yet

North Antrim

Max aye know the craic ur on about wit Johnjoe ;)

JJ you havent answered my question.....how do u rate Delargy

johnjoe

Max, fair enough, you make some good points there.

But you can also use your imagination to work out how many of the 93 team would be lining out on Sunday, if they were still at their peak. open to debate, but I`d still say 5 or 6 of the current squad would be there or thereabouts.

Lockhart, Doherty, Lynch, Bradley, Muldoon all certs. Only question who on the 93 team would lose out.

Its all about opinions, anyway.

North Antrim, you`re really on the ball. Have you anything to contribute here?

North Antrim

As a hurling man u wudnt prob value my opinion......although after reading sum of yours i have as much knowledge as u seem to him.....Mark Lynch - Not how can you seriously justify his inclusion as of yet he hasnt delivered for Derry. Name me a player from 93 team who didnt deliver at some stage of their campaign.....Lockhart before downey at CHB!! My word thatwas shocking to say the least......or maybe you know traits about these players that we dont

Man In Middle

John Joe

Max has declined to comment on this (maybe a sensitive issue)  :'(, but thought you may be interested.
A wee birdie told me you and him go back a long way?! Even into management!!

Seems as though the  Ex- Bellaghy manager has really gone and done
it this time   :o

Appartently one of his victims was a certain Bellaghy referee. 
But then again, rumour has it, it was all a scam and Paddy Bradley now has the deeds for that particular property!!   :D

Check out the link JJ.

http://www.voicesnewspaper.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=829

North Antrim

John Joe - why will you not answer question - How do u rate Delargy

johnjoe

North Antrim, seeing you might actually get the chance to see Mark Lynch in the flesh for the first time, on Sunday, by default because you wouldnt be there if there was no hurling, maybe then you may be able to offer some opinion. Until then, sorry but its my feeling you are well out of your depth here, especially on the subject of Derry Football.

Maybe best sticking to the Antrim hurling thread. No offence intended, not wanting a needless sllanging match!

You have taken Max`s post and just repeated what he said. Have you an opinion of your own to offer this thread?

North Antrim

John Joe - as u said in a previous post - we are entitled to our opinions......im just curious why u wont answer my question bout Delargy...thats all...not trying to start anything. I have seen Mark Lynch in the flesh believe it or not....was at Derry V Armagh match 2 years ago, watched live coverage of DERRY v Donegal last year, and he didnt count. Now i hope he comes good but im only arguing that at the minute he doest merit inclusion on 93 team.

Your an Antrim man are you not??

johnjoe

MITM, I saw the article and I`m gobsmacked.

We all know the man in question, and I am not in a position to judge him. It looks bad though, and my first reaction is I hope to God he can get all this sorted out. Everyone is innocent until they are proved guilty, and we should all be very careful here.

Personally I like the guy, outside of football, and I hope he gets through this. Not a nice place to be, I wouldnt think.