mayo peaking at right time?

Started by kerryforsam16, August 05, 2016, 06:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerryforsam16

Mayo run in back door is paying off.Like Galway 01, Tyrone 08, Kerry 09 mayo are priming themselves nicely for all ireland. The game against tyrone is effectively a semi final. Tyrone will struggle to keep Aidan O'Shea and Andy Moran quiet. My prediction Mayo 1-18 Tyrone 0-15. Tyrone have primed too early. The last Mickey Harte won all ireland through frontdoor was in 03

Crete Boom

Quote from: kerryforsam16 on August 05, 2016, 06:12:04 PM
Mayo run in back door is paying off.Like Galway 01, Tyrone 08, Kerry 09 mayo are priming themselves for all ireland. The game against tyrone is effectively a semi final. Tyrone will struggle to keep Aidan O'Shea and Andy Moran quiet. My prediction Mayo 1-18 Tyrone 0-15. Tyrone have primed too early. The last Mickey Harte won championship through frontdoor was in 03

Or we could just be playing shite and got lucky with the draw in the qualifiers?

kerryforsam16

There is a big game in them.Lump your money on mayo

Captain Obvious

As poor as Mayo have played all year the current Tyrone team in building mode are beatable. As for peaking I believe this group of Mayo players peaked in 2013.

BennyHarp

Quote from: kerryforsam16 on August 05, 2016, 06:15:09 PM

Jasus, you Kerry lads are sweating buckets hoping that Tyrone get beat....I wonder why!
That was never a square ball!!

ZeitChrist

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 05, 2016, 06:50:14 PM
As poor as Mayo have played all year the current Tyrone team in building mode are beatable. As for peaking I believe this group of Mayo players peaked in 2013.

The demolition job they did on Donegal in 2013 was one of the finest Croke Park displays I've seen in recent years. It was like everything just fell into place perfectly for them that day. The final was there for the taking for them too, but I think James Horan and his glacially paced reaction speed on the sideline cost them.

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 05, 2016, 07:21:30 PM

Jasus, you Kerry lads are sweating buckets hoping that Tyrone get beat....I wonder why!

Only a Tyrone poster could mistake that guy for a Kerry supporter.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2016, 07:42:07 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 05, 2016, 07:21:30 PM

Only a Tyrone poster could mistake that guy for a Kerry supporter.

:D Id forgotten about you! Welcome back.
That was never a square ball!!

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

moysider

This is a team that never peaked and probably never will.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on August 06, 2016, 01:48:04 AM

This is a team that never peaked and probably never will.
Perhaps, but 2013 was one that got away imo of course.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

kerryforsam16

Mayo forfeited  connacht title for this weekend. Looking forward to mayo and Kingdom boys in final. Stephen Rochford the greatest ever mayo manager??

sligoman2

I think the extra games were good for Mayo.  I have to admit that I am glad to see Tyrone and Donegal gone simply beCause we might see some real football and no blankets....
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: sligoman2 on August 07, 2016, 12:22:08 AM
I think the extra games were good for Mayo.  I have to admit that I am glad to see Tyrone and Donegal gone simply beCause we might see some real football and no blankets....
You will be left disappointed if you think the remaining games will have no blankets.Mayo blanket was better than Tyrones today,Kerry have been using a blanket since Fitzmaurice became manager.

sligoman2

I hear ya but I'm hoping that not having to play teams that rely on the blanket will encourage more "real" football.  The blanket is effective but it destroys the game from a neutral perspective.  Mayo vTipp should be very interesting and we all know what Kerry and Dublin can produce.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.