Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Team is unchanged  from the naming of team the last day with DOC fit to start this time though.

The few lads that were rumoured to not be travelling went on the last night in castlebar and decided to travel up after all but they had sniffed a load of coke too so they could change their mind again.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ZeitChrist

I hear it's nothing but coke and hookers in the Mayo team hotel tonight. They might not bother with Croke Park tomorrow and just head to the pubs around it instead.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Mayo face Tyrone in an All Ireland quarter final for the first time since 2004 when the play the Ulster champions tomorrow in Croke Park.

Having beaten Westmeath in the final round of the qualifiers last Saturday at the same venue manager Stephen Rochford again names the same starting team. This means Diarmuid O'Connor who was a late withdraw last week due to injury is fit enough to start in place of Jason Doherty.

The Mayo team for Saturday's quarter final game against Tyrone in Croke Park at 4pm is:

1.   David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
2.   Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
3.   Kevin Keane (Westport)
4.   Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
5.   Lee Keegan (Westport)
6.   Colm Boyle (Davitts)
7.   Patrick Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)
8.   Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
9.   Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
10. Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
11. Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
12. Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber)
13. Evan Regan (Ballina Stephenites)
14. Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)
15. Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber, captain).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

moysider

Late call up for this fella seems to have caused unrest in Mayo camp.

Jinxy

That's a free for Tyrone.
And possibly also Mayo.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

IolarCoisCuain

Gary Brennan, Paul Conroy and Seán Bán Breathnach all picked Tyrone on the Seó Spoirt on TG4 just now. Conroy was being diplomatic at the start but I got the feeling that he doesn't rate Mayo very highly when choose Tyrone. Something about the gimp of him.

SBB reckons the McLoughlin as sweeper thing isn't working and is just confusing the team. We'll find out soon enough now of course.

Zulu

The McLoughlin tactic is a bit strange alright when you'd imagine Higgins is ideal for it so I wonder if Mayo have something up their sleeve for the big tests?

I don't think McLoughlin has been the failure some suggest either.

Tubberman

SBB would go against Mayo whenever remotely plausible, so that's no surprise. A bitter little man.
Conroy still smarting from another non-performance in Croker.
Gary Brennan I have no problem with 😄
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

macdanger2

Quote from: Zulu on August 05, 2016, 10:09:18 PM
The McLoughlin tactic is a bit strange alright when you'd imagine Higgins is ideal for it so I wonder if Mayo have something up their sleeve for the big tests?

He hasn't been a failure imo either but you'd imagine switching them would be an obvious and positive move

Whishtup

Tyrone are going to have to pull out some performance to beat Mayo tomorrow. Forget about ulster-whilst entertaining (some of the best games are between two average teams) much of the ulster championship is not up to the 'top four' standard.  Mayo are going to fight like an ageing boxing champion tomorrow as defeat will mean the end of several years of possibly becoming all Ireland champions. I just don't know if Tyrone can live with that ferocious desperation.  I'd like to see Tyrone cut loose earlier in the game although the game of two halves tactic has worked thusfar.  A big, big game.

criostlinn

ONeill

Call it arseboxing aside.

I really fear a Mayo side coming through this route as underdogs.

However, this Tyrone side are a formidable outfit. Lasting until August unbeaten is some achievement even though it means nowt (apart from the cups!)

Tyrone 0-15 Mayo 0-13
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Whishtup

BennyHarp

Tyrone 1-18 Mayo 0-15. I'd be worried if Mayo get a good start, get their dander up, begin to feel positive about themselves back at Croke park and rediscover their form, but ultimately I am (rightly or wrongly) convinced that this Tyrone outfit is the real deal. We will know for sure this time tomorrow!
That was never a square ball!!

ZeitChrist

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 05, 2016, 10:19:30 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 05, 2016, 10:09:18 PM

He hasn't been a failure imo either but you'd imagine switching them would be an obvious and positive move

It has taken McLoughlin time to adjust, but I think he is gradually getting used to it and the way he carries the ball forward from the back is quite good. I think he's a good kick-passer and is often intelligent in possession which I think is why he has been put in the role. Keith Higgins is another clever player, but he is offering another dimension to their half-foward line. He was involved in so many plays against Westmeath last weekend. Just because he isn't scoring a lot doesn't mean he isn't contributing.

It seems that it has just been decided by some sections of the media though that McLoughlin is not a sweeper and never will be and that spin has now just stuck, regardless of whether it's the truth or not.