Mayo v Fermanagh, Saturday July 09, 2016 McHale Park

Started by From the Bunker, June 19, 2016, 09:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

MWWSI 2017

joemamas

Quote from: skeog on July 09, 2016, 05:12:41 PM
Think running on to pitch is a tradition in mayo .Same as joe mc quillan and his umpires seen one of them, a failed inter county referee telling the ballinagh man that o shea had been pulled back.

Doubt if it was a penalty unless ankle was clipped.
Having said that, he is fouled every time he has the ball and because of his size he will not get the initial call

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on July 09, 2016, 05:02:28 PM
O'Se dived, no question about it.

The complete outrage from Tyrone posters is hysterically funny though.

Outrage at the inevitable downplaying of the incident, it's nothing new with O'Shea, he does it the whole time but the reputation hasn't stuck, if he had played for Tyrone.......

square_ball

There you are lads it's wasn't a dive it was opportunist according to dessie!

GalwayBayBoy

The old post match analysis is a bit mealy mouthed here. Kinda move along nothing to see here variety.

Jinxy

Quote from: joemamas on July 09, 2016, 05:15:18 PM
Think running on to pitch is a tradition in mayo .Same as joe mc quillan and his umpires seen one of them, a failed inter county referee telling the ballinagh man that o shea had been pulled back.

Having said that, he is fouled every time he has the ball and because of his size he will not get the initial call

Tired of hearing this.
He puts his head down and charges most times he gets the ball, which should be a free out.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: themac_23 on July 09, 2016, 05:00:54 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 09, 2016, 04:57:45 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on July 09, 2016, 04:56:05 PM
wouldn't blame the referee there, thats AOS fault all day, referee conned
He gave a penalty for fcuk all. That's his fault.

i blame the player more than the referee, dived, something we need to stamp out
I agree,  that's where you need bans for diving like that.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

SouthDublinBro

It might do Mayo a bit of good to embrace this side of the game more often. I'm sure they are sick of being the plucky losers every year. 

The Bearded One

Joe McQuillan clearly indicated a pull on jersey and ticked Cullen accordingly. Forgetting the blatant dive,what the hell did McQuillan 'see' to give the penalty for a jersey pull???
It is what it is. Presumably.

saffronandblue

Posting on the outcome of a Mayo game from outsiders seems to have reached an all time high.  I thought we were finished, but a lot on here seem to be getting their knickers in a twist, so maybe we might still have a say come September😃😃😃

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2016, 05:18:18 PM

Tired of hearing this.
He puts his head down and charges most times he gets the ball, which should be a free out.
Exactly.
Impossible to tackle a player like that fairly.  He should be blown for charging almost every time he gets the ball.
Not to mention the black card he escaped at the start of the second half.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tintin25

Not a fan of Burns at all....pussyfooting around the issue.  It was a dive...end of.  Still think Mayo would have won by 1 or 2, but just call it for what it fcuken is.

NetNitrate

What does he have to do to get a free? He got two frees in front of goal for dives too. Mannequins from Dunnes Store window would offer better analysis than these two GAA Bots.

Emmett

Absolutely deflated after that. We deserved so much more than that. Aidan O'Shea hang your head in shame and McQuillan also.
We may not have won the game without the penalty decision but who knows. It was there for taking when O'Shea threw himself to the ground. The constant patronising of Fermanagh is really annoying also but I suppose that's to be expected from RTE.

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2016, 05:18:18 PM

Tired of hearing this.

Fair point, but the initial tackle is often a jersey tug or a pullback, at which stage heirs crowded out and frequently does end up over carrying