Sigerson Cup

Started by mad tan, January 21, 2016, 03:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

UL 0-12 Queens 1-8 a mini shock result there.

Cunny Funt

UCC 1-9 UCD 3-11.

Semi final line up

UL v UCD
UUJ v DCU or Carlow IT.

AZOffaly

Were Queens not missing a fair few due to the eligibility suspensions etc?

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 11, 2016, 03:50:42 PM
Were Queens not missing a fair few due to the eligibility suspensions etc?

They were all expected to play!

general_lee

I thought they had got them all back. Queens (IMO) were probably the weakest of the three Belfast teams.

AZOffaly

Good win for UL so if that's the case.

Kickham csc

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 11, 2016, 03:50:19 PM
UCC 1-9 UCD 3-11.

Semi final line up

UL v UCD
UUJ v DCU or Carlow IT.

Would UCD be favorites? I see they won the Ryan Cup earlier, so it looks like they'll take some stopping

ck

Quote from: Kickham csc on February 11, 2016, 04:27:22 PM
UCC 1-9 UCD 3-11.

Semi final line up

UL v UCD
UUJ v DCU or Carlow IT.

Would UCD be favorites? I see they won the Ryan Cup earlier, so it looks like they'll take some stopping

Good man kickham. You're now forcing the favourite tag onto UCD when you know rightly your beloved UUJ are a country mile ahead of the rest when it comes to players. There's usually less big names on Railway cup teams ffs. With them at home it's theirs to loose, much as it pains me to say it. 

Throw ball

Quote from: general_lee on February 11, 2016, 04:01:31 PM
I thought they had got them all back. Queens (IMO) were probably the weakest of the three Belfast teams.

Ciaran O'Hanlon did not play for Queens:

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=250336

rodney trotter

Kevin Nolan of Dublin also on the UUJ Panel. Missed the last 2 games.

general_lee

UUJ is just a collection of names. I won't be surprised if they don't win

Kickham csc

Quote from: ck on February 11, 2016, 04:40:03 PM
UCC 1-9 UCD 3-11.

Semi final line up

UL v UCD
UUJ v DCU or Carlow IT.

Good man kickham. You're now forcing the favourite tag onto UCD when you know rightly your beloved UUJ are a country mile ahead of the rest when it comes to players. There's usually less big names on Railway cup teams ffs. With them at home it's theirs to loose, much as it pains me to say it.

:)
Actually serious question, I'm living on foreign lands at the minute, so regarding opposition player quality wise, not up to speed with the other colleges.

Just noticed that UCD won the Ryan Cup, so I suppose they are strong this year, UL beat the huns , so they should be strong and DCU are DCU.

Kickham csc

Quote from: general_lee on February 11, 2016, 04:46:35 PM
UUJ is just a collection of names. I won't be surprised if they don't win

Wouldn't be the first time that's happened  :-[

snoopdog

Quote from: Kickham csc on February 11, 2016, 04:49:20 PM
Quote from: ck on February 11, 2016, 04:40:03 PM
UCC 1-9 UCD 3-11.

Semi final line up

UL v UCD
UUJ v DCU or Carlow IT.

:)
Actually serious question, I'm living on foreign lands at the minute, so regarding opposition player quality wise, not up to speed with the other colleges.

Just noticed that UCD won the Ryan Cup, so I suppose they are strong this year, UL beat the huns , so they should be strong and DCU are DCU.
The huns?  What a fool

Jinxy

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 11, 2016, 02:12:05 PM
So what if Universities are attracting counties players?? It makes the Sigerson Cup unique in the football calendar and it would be of no interest at all, to anyone, if it consisted of non county players or U21s. It's up to the universities who they allow onto courses and therefore anyone studying a course should be allowed to play. Its not the Universities job to develop players for county teams or nurture underage talent. A University's football club's objective is to win the Sigerson Cup - let them at I say!

It would predominantly be of interest to the players.
Just like it is now.
I couldn't care less who wins the Sigerson Cup.
This isn't America, Irish people don't have a massive connection to the university they went to once they're out of there.
Shag all people go to the games as well.
If you were any use you'd be playing.