Philly McMahon

Started by Mayo Border, September 21, 2015, 08:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vallankumous

Quote from: JoG2 on September 22, 2015, 11:48:27 AM

you need to let Limerick go, its over, cannot be changed. I've watched Mayo, Kerry, Dublin, Donegal and Tyrone (top 5 teams in the country) live on a few occasions in the last couple of years ( ie their current squads) and each are as cynical as each other. The holding, dragging etc, there isnt much difference. Diving, sledging is Tyrone's baby by a distance. You're calling out players like Donnacha Walsh, Crowley to add concrete to your vendetta, its fairly pitiful in fairness. This is school yard carryon...youse are the worst, no youse are the worst. I'm waiting for one of you guys to say their da could beat another man's da in a fight .

What Philly McMahon done to Donaghy on Sunday is beyond the pale. He needs the book thrown at him. Any other player gouging a man's eye the same.

I have no idea what this is about.

Man Marker

Would love to have Philly play for us, Ricy Mark2

JoG2

Quote from: vallankumous on September 22, 2015, 11:56:47 AM

you need to let Limerick go, its over, cannot be changed. I've watched Mayo, Kerry, Dublin, Donegal and Tyrone (top 5 teams in the country) live on a few occasions in the last couple of years ( ie their current squads) and each are as cynical as each other. The holding, dragging etc, there isnt much difference. Diving, sledging is Tyrone's baby by a distance. You're calling out players like Donnacha Walsh, Crowley to add concrete to your vendetta, its fairly pitiful in fairness. This is school yard carryon...youse are the worst, no youse are the worst. I'm waiting for one of you guys to say their da could beat another man's da in a fight .

What Philly McMahon done to Donaghy on Sunday is beyond the pale. He needs the book thrown at him. Any other player gouging a man's eye the same.

I have no idea what this is about.

good

vallankumous

Quote from: Man Marker on September 22, 2015, 12:01:30 PM
Would love to have Philly play for us, Ricy Mark2

Ricey was never physical though. He rarely put in big hits or busted out of challenges. For some reason he would have you terrified before it came to that.

supersarsfields

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 21, 2015, 09:56:16 PM
Quote from: Ranga on September 21, 2015, 09:43:02 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 21, 2015, 09:38:12 PM
Quote from: Ranga on September 21, 2015, 09:32:57 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 21, 2015, 09:26:35 PM
Quote from: Ranga on September 21, 2015, 08:56:06 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 21, 2015, 08:52:11 PM
Quote from: Ranga on September 21, 2015, 08:50:13 PM
People say every team needs a player like McMahon, Dublin seem to have many of these type of players!

Funny thing is Kerry have more!

McMahon, O'Carroll, Cooper, MDMA, Bastick, Connolly, who are the Kerry players?

Donnacha Walsh, Donaghy, David Moran, Enright, Maher...off the top of my head!

Only Donaghy would make the cut from that list.

If you are saying Donaghy is the mildest of all I named, then I agree with you!

I'm saying Donaghy would be the only one to make it onto the cynical list.

From afar it looks like that! Donaghy is the Big bad Bully! He stands out! But the reality is Kerry more than anyone have loads of players playing on the edge. You see there are players like Connolly who get a rush of blood and do something rash, uncalculated to bring him to the limelight. Players Like Donnacha Walsh can spend a whole game doing calculated cynical stuff and yet nobody notices. Kerry hide their deceit better. Now don't get me wrong, Connolly is no angel and Donnacha Walsh takes a sh!t load of abuse as well. But to say Kerry are a clean team is cloud coo coo Land!

Yet your at the same craic in your own post.   :o

J70

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 22, 2015, 08:13:06 AM
What McMahon did is the same or worse than biting.

Any ban won't be long enough but sure it'll be appealed, by senior counsel of course!

I see Connollys report is out. Apparently the linesman's word is hearsay.

He's got that covered too. Ask Paul Kerrigan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh6YQBgD-0A

muppet

A 9 week ban for 'contact with the eye area': http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/34340436

And that is in the middle of a World Cup.
MWWSI 2017

Nihilist

Quote from: muppet on September 23, 2015, 10:04:45 PM
A 9 week ban for 'contact with the eye area': http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/34340436

And that is in the middle of a World Cup.

That's professional sport.
Philly is only an amateur at it.  ::)

Wildweasel74

that the proper way to issue bans, 3 days, no f**king around, no legal get outs, Appeals use to be increased if they failed but i think that doesn't apply any more.
national teams respect the reports given and don't try to cheat there way round the rules to get players off like the Gaelic or soccer.

johnneycool

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 23, 2015, 11:25:15 PM
that the proper way to issue bans, 3 days, no f**king around, no legal get outs, Appeals use to be increased if they failed but i think that doesn't apply any more.
national teams respect the reports given and don't try to cheat there way round the rules to get players off like the Gaelic or soccer.

Aye, that ban was handed out to an Argie. Bet an England/Kiwi/Auzzie player would be treated very differently, just like the GAA do when it comes to the big counties.

JoG2

Quote from: johnneycool on September 24, 2015, 09:40:20 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 23, 2015, 11:25:15 PM

Aye, that ban was handed out to an Argie. Bet an England/Kiwi/Auzzie player would be treated very differently, just like the GAA do when it comes to the big counties.

YEAH!  AWIGHT MATE ! BLADDY ARGIES

I wouldn't put too much money on the teams you've mentioned there not taking their oil (as teams / players should do)

AZOffaly

Are you saying there's very few appeals in Rugby? I'm almost sure appeals are quite common.

JoG2

I'm sure there are appeals, but would there be 3 layers of it with a multitude of players getting off on technicalities like typos etc? In the rugby world, I'm sure the punishment for a certain offence would be fairly rigid, ie Romania would not get hit harder for an eye gouge than NZ. Maybe I'm wrong

Brick Tamlin

Only a gypsy would eye gouge or the likes.
No dancing around it. He knew he did it but thinks its fine because they won.
Anyone at that carry on should be made an example of with a lengthly ban that matters.
Zero tolerance is needed in some instances.
This season will be as much remembered for all the crap and controversy that occurred as it will for the Dubz landing another title.

JPGJOHNNYG

Potential one match ban - the GAA are jokers. I guess it clears the way for everyone else to give it a go for a laugh