AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 15, 2015, 08:27:42 PM
Just wondering is this game sold out now? I presume Dublin and Mayo have the highest allocation of season tickets and all the crappy tickets on the edges of the Hogan, Cusack and Davin upper and lower look to have been cleared on Tickets.ie. I presume the Clubs get what is left?

Haven t got a decent ticket yet from my Cairde package for the last games. Ye'd want to be vertigo free for sure.
At least ye get in though!

But why the mad rush now? CP was half full for Leinster heavy-weights like Dublin, Kildare and Meath. As bad for double header Q-finals? The hurling last weekend was watery enough too. What's the rush now? 

Hound

Quote from: moysider on August 16, 2015, 12:51:34 AM

But why the mad rush now? CP was half full for Leinster heavy-weights like Dublin, Kildare and Meath. As bad for double header Q-finals? The hurling last weekend was watery enough too. What's the rush now?
Mayo fans think they have a chance of winning
Dublin fans think they have a chance of losing
Neutrals think they have a chance of seeing a good game!

Farrandeelin

It has the 'makings' of a good game. Then again, so did the league game. I must be one of the few Mayo fans who think we will lose.

P.S. moy, where were Cairde tickets for the Donegal game? I'm using bring a friend, and am in Upper Cusack for this game.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 16, 2015, 08:52:14 AM
It has the 'makings' of a good game. Then again, so did the league game. I must be one of the few Mayo fans who think we will lose.

P.S. moy, where were Cairde tickets for the Donegal game? I'm using bring a friend, and am in Upper Cusack for this game.
Haven't spoken to anyone who thinks we'll lose...or win :-\....more of "ah, it's going to be fierce difficult but we'll see" answer.

From the Bunker

Have to say i agree with you Farr. I do think Dublin will win. Home venue is a huge advantage and Dublin won't be as complacent as they were in last years AI semi verses Donegal. Most Mayo people are reading to much into our semi final performance against Donegal. It must be remembered that Donegal went 28 minutes against an ordinary Galway side without scoring. Donegal have had a hard road with games, injuries and don't have a big squad to deal with it. Don't get me wrong Donegal are a decent side. Just met a team different to the team that Tyrone met in the first round of the Ulster Championship (similar to 2013 gig).

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: moysider on August 16, 2015, 12:51:34 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 15, 2015, 08:27:42 PM
Just wondering is this game sold out now? I presume Dublin and Mayo have the highest allocation of season tickets and all the crappy tickets on the edges of the Hogan, Cusack and Davin upper and lower look to have been cleared on Tickets.ie. I presume the Clubs get what is left?

Haven t got a decent ticket yet from my Cairde package for the last games. Ye'd want to be vertigo free for sure.
At least ye get in though!d

It's going to be a sell-out. It's all those Mayo fans who want to be there when it finally happens. Back to the future - 2013  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

muppet

The football championship commentary, especially but not only the media, is bogged down in talk about how bad it is and how all matches are now one-sided games etc. This is despite fixtures like the Munster Final and many of the Ulster games being very competitive. Mayo v Galway in Salthill was competitive, but that is all ignored.

The narrow thinking behind the above has it that there are only 3, and at most 5, teams that matter. From now on these teams have to meet and so hence even the critics of the Championship have to admit things are now getting interesting. Also, Dublin are obviously the best supported team in the country and Mayo would be probably in the top 3 or 4 supported counties. Kerry don't travel for semi-finals so the other semi won't sell out, but I'd expect Tyrone supporters to travel in big numbers.

I think it is great to see Croke Park sold out for a semi-final! And as for the Dubs home advantage, we are unbeaten in Croke Park semi-finals since 2011, and unbeaten by the Dubs in semi-finals since the replay in 1985. There is nowhere else I would want Mayo playing this match.

MWWSI 2017

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 16, 2015, 09:14:34 AM

Have to say i agree with you Farr. I do think Dublin will win. Home venue is a huge advantage and Dublin won't be as complacent as they were in last years AI semi verses Donegal. Most Mayo people are reading to much into our semi final performance against Donegal. It must be remembered that Donegal went 28 minutes against an ordinary Galway side without scoring. Donegal have had a hard road with games, injuries and don't have a big squad to deal with it. Don't get me wrong Donegal are a decent side. Just met a team different to the team that Tyrone met in the first round of the Ulster Championship (similar to 2013 gig).

Maybe it should be moved to Limerick.

moysider

I was away Farr but brother used ticket. Said it was excellent middle lower Cusack.

For what it's worth I don't think Mayo will win either.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 16, 2015, 11:52:35 AM

Why move it to Limerick? Sure we voiced our objections at an AI semi final being played there. I have no problem with Croke Park as a venue! There is no better venue for a sell out AI semi final. And if Mayo are good enough they should over come this slight disadvantage. Wonder how ye're crowd would like to play a replay in Limerick should ye draw with Kerry in the Semi?

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 16, 2015, 12:36:03 PM

You're joking right?

Why move it to Limerick? Sure we voiced our objections at an AI semi final being played there. I have no problem with Croke Park as a venue! There is no better venue for a sell out AI semi final. And if Mayo are good enough they should over come this slight disadvantage. Wonder how ye're crowd would like to play a replay in Limerick should ye draw with Kerry in the Semi?

I wouldn't even call it that, Mayo are well used to Croker and its the only place big enough to hold it, looking like a sell out
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

Why? Its not as if they're allocated more tickets (at least I Dont think they are) and not as if Mayo aren't used to Croker or haven't played there much
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

INDIANA

Home advantage- Cp is a neutral venue

The Reeks on Croagh Patrick was cancelled this year. The stars are aligning in Mayo's favour

Lar Naparka

Maybe it should indeed.
I've no problems with Limerick or anywhere else.
I had plenty of same when the semi final replay was moved to Limerick, not because of the venue but the  fact that it was of lesser importance than the other semi.
The one date on which the replay could have been staged in Croker was held in reserve in case Donegal and Dublin needed a replay.
That's not parity of esteem by any reckoning.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

Quote from: INDIANA on August 16, 2015, 01:21:30 PM

Home advantage- Cp is a neutral venue

The Reeks on Croagh Patrick was cancelled this year. The stars are aligning in Mayo's favour
Arra, is it f**k! ;D
(With due acknowledgements to Michael Bailey.)
What about the Hill and the long-standing tradition that the Dubs  had exclusive rights to use that end for their warm-up.
Technically, that's not the way it's supposed to be any more but in practice it still is.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi