Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 09, 2015, 07:59:10 PM
Sorry, do Tyrone have form on this, there tactics seemed to be a re-run of the Monaghan game from 2 year ago

Yep, Monaghan were playing that day too!
That was never a square ball!!

take_yer_points

Twice yesterday the ref stopped play for someone being down injured - one of them was when Beggan went down on his back. On both occasions, play restarted with a free to the team who had possession when he stopped play. I'd need to check back, but I'm fairly certain there were no frees awarded - he just stopped play. Is this a recent rule change? I would've swore the ball should've been thrown up to restart play

Gabriel_Hurl

Was changed a few years back. Play restarts with the team in possession having a free kick. They cannot score directly from the free kick though.

QuoteIf in exceptional circumstances play is stopped
by the Referee to enable a seriously injured
player to be treated on the field or removed
from the field of play, play shall resume in one
of the following manners:-
(i) If a Team is in possession when the play
is stopped, the play shall resume with a
free puck to that Team from the position
at which the play was stopped, unless the
play was stopped inside the opponents'
20m line in which case the free shall be
awarded from the 20m line opposite the
point where the play was stopped. A score
may not be made directly from such free.
(ii) If neither Team is in possession when the
play is stopped, a throw-in shall be given at
the position where the play was stopped,
subject to the provisions in Exceptions (v)
and (vi) of Rule 2.2

take_yer_points

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 09, 2015, 08:37:16 PM
Was changed a few years back. Play restarts with the team in possession having a free kick. They cannot score directly from the free kick though.

QuoteIf in exceptional circumstances play is stopped
by the Referee to enable a seriously injured
player to be treated on the field or removed
from the field of play, play shall resume in one
of the following manners:-
(i) If a Team is in possession when the play
is stopped, the play shall resume with a
free puck to that Team from the position
at which the play was stopped, unless the
play was stopped inside the opponents'
20m line in which case the free shall be
awarded from the 20m line opposite the
point where the play was stopped. A score
may not be made directly from such free.
(ii) If neither Team is in possession when the
play is stopped, a throw-in shall be given at
the position where the play was stopped,
subject to the provisions in Exceptions (v)
and (vi) of Rule 2.2

Thanks, didn't realise that

Armamike

Not sure why McCann did what he did. The game was effectively over and all the lad has done has been to leave himself open to ridicule across the country. He'll not live that down for some time.  Will be interesting to see how Tyrone will approach the next day. Were the incidents yesterday symptomatic of an Ulster dogfight between 2 teams that have got to know each other too well over the past couple of years or is this a return to the 2003 Tyrone manta of 'whatever it takes'?
That's just, like your opinion man.

StGallsGAA

Armamike,  Tyrone had the game won long before the crap kicked off so the "whatever it takes" suggestion is null and void.  The Monaghan players were pissed with themselves and rightly so as they completely withered under Tyrones intensity. 

McCann did indeed make a dick of himself but Too many Monaghan players simply couldn't take their beating like men.  The McCann incident will probably overshadow this fact in the analysis.

SouthDublinBro

Monaghan fans have turned out to be the biggest whiners, moaners and begrudgers in the entire country. An impressive feat for a county with zero AI titles.

INDIANA

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 09, 2015, 09:12:52 PM
Armamike,  Tyrone had the game won long before the crap kicked off so the "whatever it takes" suggestion is null and void.  The Monaghan players were pissed with themselves and rightly so as they completely withered under Tyrones intensity. 

McCann did indeed make a dick of himself but Too many Monaghan players simply couldn't take their beating like men.  The McCann incident will probably overshadow this fact in the analysis.

Thats bullshit. Just look at the diving during the first 55 minutes. Lots of it.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: hardstation on August 09, 2015, 11:16:35 PM
I've just seen a clip on the Sunday Game of the Monaghan keeper going down like a bag of shite for nothing.

Exactly. Here's a link to it via twitter.
https://twitter.com/mickd85/status/630388222263185408?s=09
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

LeoMc

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 09, 2015, 11:20:09 PM
Monaghan fans have turned out to be the biggest whiners, moaners and begrudgers in the entire country. An impressive feat for a county with zero AI titles.

In fairness I don't think it is Monaghan fans. Tyrone have more than their share of haters so a couple of incidents makes them fair game!

Maguire01

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 09, 2015, 11:20:09 PM
What Monaghan fans?

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: LeoMc on August 09, 2015, 11:28:58 PM
In fairness I don't think it is Monaghan fans. Tyrone have more than their share of haters so a couple of incidents makes them fair game!

Have yet to see a single Monaghan fan accept that Tyrone are the better team.

phpearse

Some of the Tyrone lads could take a leaf out of Michael Murphy's book. Took a box to the mouth and stood his ground. There's a lot to be said about manning up in these situations and quit the messing. McCann should be seriously embarrassed with what happened yesterday. Why would a player do that? How would you even think of diving when someone touches your hair. You first reaction would be to push them away not falling to the ground. That was ridiculous and it will likely reck his head now and he won't be the same player in the next game (if he plays, I see Colm O'Rourke has asked for him to be banned, which will likely happen now). Would you not think that Sean Cavanagh would be embarrassed at this stage as well? FFS man stand up and stop acting the maggot. Sublime at times and ridiculous at other times.

I don't care how the Monaghan players behaved themselves in the last 1/4 of that game. The joy of winning at match is Croke Park soon looses it's shine when you see shite like that on TV afterwards. It doesn't have to happen, what it shows is a lack of self belief that the football ability isn't there to kill a game off that they were leading comfortably. They thought they needed to mess and feck about in the last 15 to see out the game when they could have held their head and finished the game strongly. Young team but sometimes the tone is set but the elders on the team and Cavanagh can set a bad example at times.

cadhlancian

Quote from: phpearse on August 09, 2015, 11:47:59 PM
Some of the Tyrone lads could take a leaf out of Michael Murphy's book. Took a box to the mouth and stood his ground. There's a lot to be said about manning up in these situations and quit the messing. McCann should be seriously embarrassed with what happened yesterday. Why would a player do that? How would you even think of diving when someone touches your hair. You first reaction would be to push them away not falling to the ground. That was ridiculous and it will likely reck his head now and he won't be the same player in the next game (if he plays, I see Colm O'Rourke has asked for him to be banned, which will likely happen now). Would you not think that Sean Cavanagh would be embarrassed at this stage as well? FFS man stand up and stop acting the maggot. Sublime at times and ridiculous at other times.

I don't care how the Monaghan players behaved themselves in the last 1/4 of that game. The joy of winning at match is Croke Park soon looses it's shine when you see shite like that on TV afterwards. It doesn't have to happen, what it shows is a lack of self belief that the football ability isn't there to kill a game off that they were leading comfortably. They thought they needed to mess and feck about in the last 15 to see out the game when they could have held their head and finished the game strongly. Young team but sometimes the tone is set but the elders on the team and Cavanagh can set a bad example at times.
(if he plays, I see Colm O'Rourke has asked for him to be banned, which will likely happen now
What the f**k right does Colm ORourke have to call for a suspension for anyone?.