Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 09, 2015, 03:03:59 PM
Rory Beggan didn't exactly cover himself in glory with his diving antics either by the way. Whilst not justifying McCanns antics or condoning it, can I just make it clear that Darren Hughes WAS NOT sent off for the McCann incident. He was sent off for the fracas that led to Ritchie Donnelly leaving the pitch with a split eye. So can we please make sure that we are aware that McCann didn't get Hughes sent off. This appears to be the incorrect narrative that is being told in the various media.

Saying something often enough will never make it true. It's horseshit  and well you know it.  Feeble attempt at deflection.

Norf Tyrone

Darren Hughes was sent off for the McCann incident.

Richie Donnelly got the shiner in an accidental clash of heads.

McCann's dive was embarrassing, and rules should be in place for retrospective bans for this. But they're not at the minute.

Rory Beggan should be equally as embarrassed for his dive, but has escaped any media vilification.

All counties have people who dive, and go down too easy. It's a GAA problem as opposed to a Tyrone one.

Tyrone were very good yesterday. The best I seen them play in 2-3 years. Unfortunately that has been lost in the fall out.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

straightred

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 09, 2015, 04:01:45 PM
Darren Hughes was sent off for the McCann incident.

Richie Donnelly got the shiner in an accidental clash of heads.

McCann's dive was embarrassing, and rules should be in place for retrospective bans for this. But they're not at the minute.

Rory Beggan should be equally as embarrassed for his dive, but has escaped any media vilification.

All counties have people who dive, and go down too easy. It's a GAA problem as opposed to a Tyrone one.

Tyrone were very good yesterday. The best I seen them play in 2-3 years. Unfortunately that has been lost in the fall out.

Tyrone have a particular problem with diving but then again they don't see it as a problem. Cavanagh particularly good at diving within scoring distances

Club Rossa

I had thought that Hughes got sent off for the tackle on Colm Cavanagh.Watched it back and I didn't see him strike Richie Donnelly.

Throw ball

Il Bomber Destro

Kerry introduced simulation to the game with Aidan O'Mahony.

gwan-ye-boy-ya

the team o rourke named thurs night would have beaten tyrone.
My heart sank when i seen the changes a half hour before the game.
i just knew we were going to struggle.
Owen Duffy was ready for this game.

Main Street

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 09, 2015, 03:56:00 PM
The point around the McCann incident, Marty Duffy 5 m away from it looking straight at him, is there not a yellow card offence for unsportmanlike conduct, if not, needs to be brought to the table for next year!
I think Marty was doing something else, perhaps updating his card and tic account, it happened in front of him but his brain was elsewhere.
Every ref makes a few errors, was Marty as bad as people make out? Are there any refs here?
It's hard to tell watching a lowish quality dodgy stream. I couldn't tell what happened in the contact for Marty to give all those scorable frees to Tyrone. Regardless, Tyrone had Monaghan's number and would have always done enough to stay the 4 or 5 points ahead.

How many viewers did Sky get, more than 10,000? as compared to a few hundred thousand that TV3 BBCNI would have gotten.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Main Street, have you now been transmogrified into something of a side street? Love it sir, keep it flowing :D

#Under5sKnowTheBleedingHandOnHeadRuleYouNumptyHughes
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

imtommygunn

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 09, 2015, 03:15:12 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 09, 2015, 03:08:04 PM
Quote from: Beantown on August 09, 2015, 02:13:07 PM
The most glaring question has been missed by everybody though..... Where  did the pigeons get all the tickets from???????

They were everywhere!!

I thought mcrory broke through quite a few times for tyrone. Won at least one scoreable free.

Monaghan were diving a bit on the head high stuff but cavanagh did nail mcadam good and proper.

Surprised more isn't said of paul finlay's dig to the back of cavanagh's head.

Photo doing the rounds on twitter of mccann winking to someone when hughes was sent off a la kyle lafferty...

But Hughes was sent off for hitting Ritchie Donnelly! The McCann incident happened after the ref had decided to send him off.

You sure about that? If so how?

StGallsGAA

Finlay's punch to the back of Cavanagh's head with his left followed immediately by dig to the jar with his right was as cowardly an act as you could get and a red card offence. 

BennyHarp

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 09, 2015, 07:05:07 PM
The most glaring question has been missed by everybody though..... Where  did the pigeons get all the tickets from???????

They were everywhere!!

I thought mcrory broke through quite a few times for tyrone. Won at least one scoreable free.

Monaghan were diving a bit on the head high stuff but cavanagh did nail mcadam good and proper.

Photo doing the rounds on twitter of mccann winking to someone when hughes was sent off a la kyle lafferty...

But Hughes was sent off for hitting Ritchie Donnelly! The McCann incident happened after the ref had decided to send him off.

I saw it. Duffy was on the way to get his book out as Hughes made contact with McCann. If Duffy did send Hughes off for the incident given the fact that he was 5 yards away and looking straight at it then we have to ask serious questions about how our game is reffed. Monaghan lost the plot in the closing minutes. Tyrone didn't help and wound them up, Finlay may be a decent fella but he was like a desperate/frustrated man who was looking at a dismal end to his career. I do not condone some of the Tyrone antics but for them to shoulder all the blame for the last 10mins of that game is just typical of how our games are reported.
That was never a square ball!!

imtommygunn

I still think it's not clear what he sent him off for or there wouldn't be so much debate.

You wouldn't know with that duffy fella. Not sure how he gets big games.

Though to be fair to him the last ten minutes yesterday would have been nigh on impossible to officiate. Whether or not the poor officiating in the lead up to the last ten that were the cause of it who knows.

Wildweasel74

Sorry, do Tyrone have form on this, there tactics seemed to be a re-run of the Monaghan game from 2 year ago

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 09, 2015, 07:26:44 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 09, 2015, 07:05:07 PM

They were everywhere!!

I saw it. Duffy was on the way to get his book out as Hughes made contact with McCann. If Duffy did send Hughes off for the incident given the fact that he was 5 yards away and looking straight at it then we have to ask serious questions about how our game is reffed. Monaghan lost the plot in the closing minutes. Tyrone didn't help and wound them up, Finlay may be a decent fella but he was like a desperate/frustrated man who was looking at a dismal end to his career. I do not condone some of the Tyrone antics but for them to shoulder all the blame for the last 10mins of that game is just typical of how our games are reported.

+1

The media have a template in place for any sort of controversy in a game involving either Tyrone or Armagh, the blame is already apportioned to one party irrespective of the circumstances.