Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Just the one change as previously mentioned...

Tyrone team v Monaghan AI Quarter Final
Croke Park @ 4pm
Championship appearances in brackets
1 - Niall Morgan - Éadan na dTorc - Total Senior Appearances 40 (9)
2 - Aidan McCrory - Aireagal Chiaráin - Total Senior Appearances 67 (16)
3 - Ronan McNamee - Achadh Uí Aráin - Total Senior Appearances 42 (10)
4 - Cathal McCarron - An Droim Mór - Total Senior Appearances 68 (18)
5 - Ronan McNabb - An Droim Mór - Total Senior Appearances 44 (14)
6 - Joe McMahon - An Omaigh - Total Senior Appearances 121 (60)
7 - Peter Harte - Aireagal Chiaráin - Total Senior Appearances 88 (30)
8 - Colm Cavanagh - An Mhaigh - Total Senior Appearances 106 (41)
9 - Matthew Donnelly - Trí Leac - Total Senior Appearances 63 (21)
10 - Tiernan McCann - Coill an Chlochair - Total Senior Appearances 28 (6)
11 - Mark Bradley - Coill an Chlochair - Total Senior Appearances 6 (5)
12 - Conor Meyler - An Omaigh - Total Senior Appearances 2 (2)
13 - Darren McCurry - Éadan na dTorc - Total Senior Appearances 44 (18)
14 - Sean Cavanagh (c) - An Mhaigh - Total Senior Appearances 207 (77)
15 - Connor McAliskey - Cluain Eo - Total Senior Appearances 41 (14)

16 - Michael O'Neill - Cluain Eo - Total Senior Appearances 9 (3)
17 - Lee Brennan - Trí Leac - Total Senior Appearances 0
18 - Rory Brennan - Trí Leac - Total Senior Appearances 7 (4)
19 - Conor Clarke - An Omaigh - Total Senior Appearances 40 (15)
20 - Richard Donnelly - Trí Leac - Total Senior Appearances 2 (2)
21 - Danny McBride - An Srath Bán - Total Senior Appearances 20 (5)
22 - Conall McCann - Coill an Chochair - Total Senior Appearances 12 (3)
23 - Justin McMahon - An Omaigh - Total Senior Appearances 87 (33)
24 - Padraig McNulty - Dún Geanainn - Total Senior Appearances 15 (3)
25 - Ronan O Neill - An Omaigh - Total Senior Appearances 36 (10)
26 - Barry Tierney - An Omaigh - Total Senior Appearances 22 (5)

Notes:
There is 1 change from the Tyrone team that defeated Sligo
Cathal McCarron returns at Corner Back in place of Rory Brennan
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Maguire01

Team named:
1           Rory Beggan   
2       Colin Walshe
3       Vinny Corey   
4       Ryan Wylie   
5       Dessie Mone
6       Neil McAdam   
7       Karl O'Connell   
8       Owen Lennon   
9       Fintan Kelly   
10       Kieran Duffy   
11       Darren Hughes   
12       Owen Duffy   
13       Dermot Malone   
14       Kieran Hughes   
15       Conor McManus   

16        Cian Mohan
17       Drew Wylie   
18       Conor Boyle   
19       John Mc Carron   
20       Dick Clerkin   
21       Paul Finlay   
22       Stephen Gollogly      
23       Shane Carey   
24       Thomas Kerr
25       Ryan Mc Anespie   
26       Christopher Mc Guinness   

Happy enough with that team (surely Kelly won't line out in midfield?), and some strong options on the bench.

Beantown

Tyrone team is pretty much as anticipated .  Will be a tough test for the younger lads but maybe youthful exuberance will carry them through. Wishful thinking maybe but there is plenty of quality there, no little confidence and experience with the older players.  Will it be enough? Here's hoping....

Aaron Boone

I see this as the match where Conor McManus emerges as Footballer of the Year material. He's currently 16/1 with PP.

trileacman

Would preferred to see Brennan ahead of Meyler. Meyler has a good engine and top-ranked the possession stakes but wasted possession several times for little benefit. Brennan played a safer game. But saying that I'm obviously biased towards a Trillick player. Meyler did cover every inch the last day and rarely looked run out.

I would pay a small ransom to see the results of those trackers alot of teams use nowadays. Be very interesting to compare players across teams, teams across the country and versus the other professional sports. Would particularly like to see what mileage McCann, Harte and Matty run up on a days outinb.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

An Watcher

Can't wait for Saturday. On paper we are not as good as Monaghan in so many areas but what we do have is mickey harte in croke park.

time ticking away

What exactly is Hartes championship record at croke park? I remember taking a bad hammering against dublin a few years ago when we got it terribly wrong at the back allowing connolly and brogan all the space in the world
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

armaghniac

Quote from: time ticking away on August 07, 2015, 12:11:29 AM
What exactly is Hartes championship record at croke park?

3 All Irelands, the bollix.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

omaghjoe

Quote from: trileacman on August 06, 2015, 10:58:15 PM
Would preferred to see Brennan ahead of Meyler. Meyler has a good engine and top-ranked the possession stakes but wasted possession several times for little benefit. Brennan played a safer game. But saying that I'm obviously biased towards a Trillick player. Meyler did cover every inch the last day and rarely looked run out.

I would pay a small ransom to see the results of those trackers alot of teams use nowadays. Be very interesting to compare players across teams, teams across the country and versus the other professional sports. Would particularly like to see what mileage McCann, Harte and Matty run up on a days outinb.

They would be interesting reading alright Trillick. I presume they monitor more than distant covered? I am guessing they monitor heart rate, body temp and a whole variety of physical conditions  as well?

I am guessing they are kinda like the bio passports in cycling if you had the data on certain players you would know how to physically exhaust them in a match.

time ticking away

Sorry my mistake for asking a sensible question

time ticking away

I have no issue with harte as manager of the county team for the rest of time if he is doing a good job and not just because of what he did 7 years ago. In paidi o se's 8 years in charge of  kerry he won 6 musters and 2 all irelands but when it was time to go his successful years didn't save him. But what would the kerry men know

Norf Tyrone

I am glad Mickey Harte asked Cathal McShane not to play for the Club last Sunday just so he can not play for the County this Saturday.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

redzone

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 07, 2015, 12:26:46 AM
Quote from: trileacman on August 06, 2015, 10:58:15 PM

They would be interesting reading alright Trillick. I presume they monitor more than distant covered? I am guessing they monitor heart rate, body temp and a whole variety of physical conditions  as well?

I am guessing they are kinda like the bio passports in cycling if you had the data on certain players you would know how to physically exhaust them in a match.
I agree trillick man as well but it's the other Brennan brother I think we will see first on sat, lee. Class act and could be the ace up mickeys sleeve come the second half

Fuzzman

Where to people see this game being won or lost?
Will it be a highly tactical battle like the game in Ballybofey?
Will we play with nobody up front and just carry the ball forward in waves and work it laterally & be patient until a shooting situation arrives.
Will we see people like Sean & big Joe kicking from 50 yards?
Being completely honest I have a good feeling about this game even though I think Monaghan have the better team with more leaders and a top marksman.
I think having the extra Donegal & Mayo fans there will probably create a great atmosphere and the Croke park effect will suit Tyrone more, despite Monaghan's will to play that down.

In my eyes in will come down to who takes their scoring chances as I expect there to be very few. A goal could seal it or a sending off early on.
If McCurry & Bradley get early scores & confidence grows then we could have a cracker. If we get frustrated and are not patient then heads will fall and our lack of leaders will show up again.
I hate that feeling after you lose in Croker when you know the summer is over.

imtommygunn

I would say for Tyrone a lot depends on a guy like McCurry actually... Cavanagh always gets 3 or 4 scores from play so with him it's damage limitation to point. If a guy like McCurry steps up then that will be a big plus for Tyrone - I know from reading comments in here it seems there are a lot of question marks over ball winning ability etc. Also Harte is due  a big game against a bigger team so be interesting to see how he gets on.

I would say the same for Monaghan about the like of Kieran Hughes as he has been quiet enough.

The bench will also be very important. Monaghan tend to make an impact from there with Gollogly and Finlay. Tyrone maybe have Ronan O'Neill who could change things but not so sure on others in terms of game changers.