Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

As I've said consistently people looking rid of Harte should be careful what they wish for. Look at our neighbours Derry and Armagh and the success they've achieved with new managers.

It won't have been a successful season if we lose at this stage. We need to start beating big teams in big games and I don't see any reason we should fear Monaghan. We now have a good mix of experience combined with the freshness of the u21s. I don't think we can keep using transition as an excuse as we're past that.

Saturday is the day we want the likes of Harte Donnelly and mcnabb to stand up and dominate a big game. Our forwards will be key to victory. I believe we could need  15 points to win if and that's going to need to be spread of a number of players.

Surely a fit McCarron and justy will start? If so who misses out?

omaghjoe

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 04, 2015, 06:26:49 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 04, 2015, 05:49:55 PM
For the craic...hit the Hat!

Parador is b4 the Errigal is it not?

Nope, not from the city centre it isn't.

Get my Ps mixed up...I was Thinking of the Pavillion

rrhf

Lets be real. Tyrone got a fairly handy route which they deserve credit for  navigating it  well.  Monaghan have beaten the benchmark team in Ulster twice now - Donegal whom Tyrone havent beaten in 6 years.   Monaghan should not even be worrying about this game beyond keeping the guys fit to take on the best team in Ireland bar none Kerry.  If I wasnt a Tyrone supporter Id be roaring Monaghan through this game... one or two of the guys online here would put you off them with their arrogance.... most are sound. 
Monaghan by 5 after a surprisingly good game of football...
Tyrone have a chance if they are still in the game with 10 to go but I fear that Mc Manus will have that eye for a goal  or two that he feels he deserved a couple of years ago.   The game that got the black card passed revisited...

rrhf

Quote from: An Watcher on August 04, 2015, 06:37:22 PM
Slightly off topic folks but I'm heading down to this on Saturday with my dad. Only really familiar with good watering holes but anyone know any good eating establishments nearby? Not looking anything fancy but somewhere u could get a bite to eat without it being jammed to the gills with boozers. Flip I'm getting old!
Fagans does a decent lunch. 
Monasterboice great grub on way home with Brian Muldoons in Ardee arguably the best steak in Ireland.

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on August 04, 2015, 06:29:46 PM
Tyrone team in 2013 v Monaghan QF:

Tyrone: P McConnell; D Carlin, C Clarke (0-1), C McCarron; C McGinley (0-1), P Harte (0-1), C Gormley; C Cavanagh, S Cavanagh (0-5); Mattie Donnelly (0-1), M Donnelly, Joe McMahon (0-2); D McCurry (0-2), S O'Neill, M Penrose. Subs: P McNeice for McMahon, A Cassidy for McCurry, R McNabb for McNeice, R O'Neill (0-1) for S O'Neill, P Kane for Mark Donnelly

Big changes in 2 years.
And you haven't even mentioned the black card!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: An Watcher on August 04, 2015, 06:37:22 PM
Slightly off topic folks but I'm heading down to this on Saturday with my dad. Only really familiar with good watering holes but anyone know any good eating establishments nearby? Not looking anything fancy but somewhere u could get a bite to eat without it being jammed to the gills with boozers. Flip I'm getting old!

If it's something like a pizza you'd be looking for, this would be the place, plus it shouldn't be too jammed with the boozers:

Independent Pizza Co
ilovepizza.ie
10 Google reviews
28 Drumcondra Rd Lower
Dublin 9
(01) 830 2957
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

trileacman

I find it interesting that Monaghan have built their strongest panel in years and undoubtedly the panel with the most depth of talent in Ulster without any underage success. Can you Monaghan guys name me any of that squad with AI titles from underage?

Contrasts with Tyrone who would have a strong showing of underage success. I'd reckon >1/2 of that starting team have an AI medal of some sort.

Maybe our belief that you need youth success is greatly misplaced? Maybe the likes of Cavan, Roscommon and Tipperary are over-emphasising the importance of their recent successes and teams like Meath, Armagh and Donegal needn't be all that worried about their lack of it?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Wildweasel74

It could be the dearest steak in Ireland lol

Syferus

Quote from: trileacman on August 04, 2015, 07:03:22 PM
I find it interesting that Monaghan have built their strongest panel in years and undoubtedly the panel with the most depth of talent in Ulster without any underage success. Can you Monaghan guys name me any of that squad with AI titles from underage?

Contrasts with Tyrone who would have a strong showing of underage success. I'd reckon >1/2 of that starting team have an AI medal of some sort.

Maybe our belief that you need youth success is greatly misplaced? Maybe the likes of Cavan, Roscommon and Tipperary are over-emphasising the importance of their recent successes and teams like Meath, Armagh and Donegal needn't be all that worried about their lack of it?

Donegal not having underage success?

ONeill

Mc Nulty to start? We need a bit of muscle for these brutes.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trileacman

Quote from: ONeill on August 04, 2015, 10:25:06 PM

Miles away from it. We're not hugely outmuscled by them if we get certain match ups right. Clarke is the man to send out if you're worried about that aspect and if it's playing on Harte's mind it'll be Justy he will start.

*either that or we figure out a way to clone Matty.

ONeill

Just thought McNulty had a bit of more game time recently compared to Clarke.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trileacman

Quote from: ONeill on August 04, 2015, 11:39:26 PM
Just thought McNulty had a bit of more game time recently compared to Clarke.
True but I just don't see it happening.

Main Street

Quote from: trileacman on August 04, 2015, 11:24:54 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 04, 2015, 10:25:06 PM

Miles away from it. We're not hugely outmuscled by them if we get certain match ups right. Clarke is the man to send out if you're worried about that aspect and if it's playing on Harte's mind it'll be Justy he will start.

*either that or we figure out a way to clone Matty.
I doubt if this emasculated Tyrone team will even get a rise out of Dessie Mone.

Redhand Santa

Does anyone know if the upper hogan is likely to be open on Saturday?