Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/september-road-tyrone-qualifier-breakdown-1.2305072

McCurry certainly seems to be in line for some top scoring records should he stay injury free in future years.
I wonder will Justy be back in to mark McManus on Sat or will he be double teamed. Maybe McNabb will get the job.
I've a feeling the league hammering they gave us will be to our advantage this time. I think Monaghan fans are thinking they have our number now and are rightfully the kings of Ulster now, having finally surpassed us.
I think it could come down to discipline again and scores from frees as I expect both teams to set up very very defensively. Will we see another version of how Justy marked Murphy I wonder.

magpie seanie

Fuzzman - Why did you lock the Sligo thread?

nrico2006

I just don't see McCurry as a top forward to be honest, he can't really win his own ball and beat men.  He usually scores when he is simply given a pass in space, we need more than that. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

redhandefender

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 03, 2015, 09:44:47 AM
I just don't see McCurry as a top forward to be honest, he can't really win his own ball and beat men.  He usually scores when he is simply given a pass in space, we need more than that.

Agree I think him and mc caliskey will both crumble under pressure form here on in. Hope I am wrong.

beer baron

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 03, 2015, 09:44:47 AM

He'll not get that against Monaghan anyway, Mon are like Donegal in my opinion,you need your long range kickers on top form to beat them so Cavanagh and Harte will have a lot of responsibility on their shoulders but they're well able for it.

brokencrossbar1

Ye have to fancy Tyrone for this one, they have the momentum, they have the form, Mickey Harte is a cute bugger who will close down the space afforded to McManus and when you do that Monaghan don't function.  Tyrone by 3.

JoG2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 03, 2015, 11:11:21 AM
Ye have to fancy Tyrone for this one, they have the momentum, they have the form, Mickey Harte is a cute bugger who will close down the space afforded to McManus and when you do that Monaghan don't function.  Tyrone by 3.

so Tyrone will be able to mange what Donegal couldn't? Can't see it myself. Monaghan by 2 in a tight dogged affair

yellowcard

The pick of the 2 sides wouldn't trouble Kerry so I don't expect the winner to have any bearing on the AI. I think it will be another tight slugfest as is usual with these 2 sides and if it was played anywhere but Croke Park I'd strongly fancy Monaghan. Still think Monaghan with the benefit of a couple of Ulster titles now will have the know how to get over the line this time.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2015, 11:21:26 AM
The pick of the 2 sides wouldn't trouble Kerry so I don't expect the winner to have any bearing on the AI. I think it will be another tight slugfest as is usual with these 2 sides and if it was played anywhere but Croke Park I'd strongly fancy Monaghan. Still think Monaghan with the benefit of a couple of Ulster titles now will have the know how to get over the line this time.

That to me is absolute rubbish. Kerry struggled 3 weeks ago to beat a poor Cork team. They were lucky to beat Donegal in the final last year. There best forward from last year looks likely to be out as well. I'm not saying either Tyrone or Monaghan would beat Kerry but there's a fair chance they'd give them a decent game and combined together would more than likely beat Kerry.

A team like Kerry will always look good when given as much space as Kildare gave them yesterday. They'll face a much different task in 3 weeks time no matter who they play.

ONeill

I think this'll be too close to call. Maybe a point either way. A lot of pressure on Monaghan to win a quarter final but O'Rourke's a canny manager and will have them primed.

Can't see Tyrone troubling Kerry, Mayo or Dublin because of lack of physicality. Monaghan will give Kerry a better game.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Quote from: ONeill on August 03, 2015, 07:20:58 PM
I think this'll be too close to call. Maybe a point either way. A lot of pressure on Monaghan to win a quarter final but O'Rourke's a canny manager and will have them primed.

Can't see Tyrone troubling Kerry, Mayo or Dublin because of lack of physicality. Monaghan will give Kerry a better game.
Have to agree with that....but in the spirit of fermanagh and the best province the winners will give it a lash.

CD

Quote from: rrhf on August 03, 2015, 07:24:14 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 03, 2015, 07:20:58 PM

Have to agree with that....but in the spirit of fermanagh and the best province the winners will give it a lash.
I think both Saturday's games are too close to call! Looking forward to a tense and tough couple of games after the rubbish at the weekend. I can see McCarron picking up McManus as he did two years ago and Justy and maybe Clarke coming in to add a bit of physicality that Tyrone might need against a very strong and experienced Monaghan. Looking forward to it!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Maguire01

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 03, 2015, 11:11:21 AM
Tyrone have no more momentum or form than Monaghan. Tyrone have been beaten 3 Division 3 teams and Meath. Probably as easy a path as they could have asked for.

And if Mickey Harte's cuteness is to close down McManus... well we'll see. The idea isn't exactly a revelation, but if Donegal couldn't do it...

Maguire01

Another dilemma for Tyrone on Saturday: if Monaghan get some momentum, Tyrone won't be able to try turning off the lights.

rrhf

We have been testing out the new drogue defence...