Mayo v Donegal Saturday August 8th, 2015 Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by From the Bunker, July 31, 2015, 02:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: moysider on August 01, 2015, 07:37:18 PM

Now we ll see what H&C are made of.

So what's the plan for Murphy for a start?
Have a word with his auld lad.

McGee will do well to get over that ankle injury in a week. Miracles can happen in Donegal though it seems.

cicfada

Shite full back line and all, I'll be shocked if mayo don't win this by at least 6 points. Better midfield and a beast at 14. Mayo v Dublin, that's the thread that should be started now.

imtommygunn

Aiden o'shea v mcgee should be some battle. (Assuming 3 is the non injured one??)

Think donegal have quite a few gaps in defense this year. Mcgee at 4 would have been the man for o'connor too so he would be a big loss.

moysider

McGuinness expecting Mayo to go man to man at the back and Donegal to get goal chances. Canavan says he ll be amazed if Mayo don t change. I m with McGuinness. I can t see us change much at this stage.
If we give away 2-11 to Sligo what will Murphy and Co. do to us.

J70

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 01, 2015, 07:43:45 PM
Aiden o'shea v mcgee should be some battle. (Assuming 3 is the non injured one??)

Think donegal have quite a few gaps in defense this year. Mcgee at 4 would have been the man for o'connor too so he would be a big loss.

Neil is fit. Had a good game today too.

Eamon will be a miss if he doesn't make it, especially with Lacey doubtful.

Bigger concern would be McBrearty. Was he taken off because of those two poor misses in the second half, or because of an injury?

macdanger2

Wildweasel74

Too hard to call, Donegal at full strength i fancy them, McGee will reduce O`Shea influence but will not nullify him, question is where will the other Mayo scored come from?With a few out and Murphy playing too far out Mayo could take them

orangeman

Can't wait for this one.

Donegal got well tested today. Mayo got no test in Connacht final.

imtommygunn

Quote from: J70 on August 01, 2015, 07:59:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 01, 2015, 07:43:45 PM

Neil is fit. Had a good game today too.

Eamon will be a miss if he doesn't make it, especially with Lacey doubtful.

Bigger concern would be McBrearty. Was he taken off because of those two poor misses in the second half, or because of an injury?

Neil is hard to like but there aren't many ,if any, better full backs around. Eamon big loss alright.

macdanger2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 01, 2015, 08:49:18 PM
Too hard to call, Donegal at full strength i fancy them, McGee will reduce O`Shea influence but will not nullify him, question is where will the other Mayo scored come from?With a few out and Murphy playing too far out Mayo could take them

If AOS is kept quiet, we'll be looking to COC for 6+ points, 2+ from Andy, another 5+ from doc, DOC and the half backs and 3+ from subs

Syferus

McGee had serious trouble when Comer got good ball put into him today. If the service to AOS is good even the best FB in Ireland (and Neil McGee is in my book) will find it hard to contain him. The issue is Donegal may be able to effectively slow the ball out the field and let the support come back to sit in front of McGee.

You'd have to fancy Mayo even with the gloss Donegal put on the end of the Glaway game. Will be decided by Murphy v Mayo's FB line and AOS v Donegal's FB line in my opinion.

BluestackBoy

If Mayo don't play with a blanket defence, which most people think they won't, then I would give Donegal a real chance in this game.

Lacey & McGee missing would be a real problem though so the oul beads will be on overtime this week!!
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Mac2

Quote from: moysider on August 01, 2015, 07:37:18 PM

Now we ll see what H&C are made of.

So what's the plan for Murphy for a start?
You can add McBrearty to that, well able to fetch over Mayo FB line as we've seen, they'll not be shy about lorrying it in.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 01, 2015, 08:49:18 PM

Is Cillian injured?