Longford v Kildare AI SFQ

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 06, 2015, 09:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

westmeathgaaofficialVerified account
‏@westmeath_gaa

Longford/Kildare game Cusack Pk Sat 11 July 7pm. Mullingar festival is on with traffic restrictions & Mount Street closed so do arrive early
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

See? should have been Tellamore.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 08, 2015, 01:14:21 PM

westmeathgaaofficialVerified account
‏@westmeath_gaa

Longford/Kildare game Cusack Pk Sat 11 July 7pm. Mullingar festival is on with traffic restrictions & Mount Street closed so do arrive early

You'll be grand with Springfield. Mount Street runs up beside the courthouse where that sneaky AZ fella was sending u...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Yeah but you'd be parking before Mount Street :)

Qwerty28

No posts on this thread in 2 days, everyone hiding in the long grass?!

Looks like a wet and windy evening in store so might not be the cracker we're all expecting! Dont think Longford have anything to fear, great to see them bounce back after the hiding form the Dubs, they are not as bad as they were made to look that day as shown in 2nd half performance in Tullamore and again in Ennis last week. First appearance in round 3 since 2006 so hopefully we give it a good rattle,same price with the bookies as we were last week btw if anyone looking for a value bet  ;)

manfromdelmonte

If anyone wants to be adventurous, drive in the Castlepollard road and turn up by the hospital and park in the grounds of Loreto College Secondary school.
5 minute walk to the ground.
The Longford traffic will be coming in that way though.

Shamrock Shore

Heading at 2pm from Dublin to make sure I get parking.....

(i) Sandwiches - check
(ii) Flask a tay - check
(iii) Tickets bought in Supervalu in Blackrock - check (I got quare stares)
(iv) Holy water from Knock - check (but Mayo holy water never works for them so may be poured out on the way)
(v) Four premium tickets for Croke Park tomorrow (Longford in minor final) - check

Good weekend for us Larries  8)

larryin89

Evidence of snobbery in this thread and it is something I'd love to see the GAA tackle someday , I believe GAA misses out on some fine talent because of it .

I do hope yer motors get burnt out though.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Dinny Breen

Quote from: larryin89 on July 11, 2015, 10:47:03 AM
Evidence of snobbery in this thread and it is something I'd love to see the GAA tackle someday , I believe GAA misses out on some fine talent because of it .

I do hope yer motors get burnt out though.

Piss off! It was an arrogant biffo, us lilies have no problems slumming with any social class, after all most of our house and grounds staff come from Dublin.
#newbridgeornowhere

inexile

Kildare 2-19 Longford 0-7.  KFM seem to be having a discussion between the commentators rather than commentating

yellowcard

Another great advertisement for a second tier championship.

Dinny Breen

Kildare destroyer of the Midlands. Laois Offaly Longford

Great parking spot Croi.
#newbridgeornowhere

Qwerty28

Only positive from the evening was the parking advice! Don't think any point in analysing game, better team won although not sure if they were  20+ points better, although thats really splitting hairs!

Anyway tomorrows another day, how will the minor game go? Might pop in to support the youngsters if they have a chance? Cant really face another lopsided senior game though!

Rossfan

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 11, 2015, 10:17:46 PM
Kildare destroyer of the Midlands. Laois Offaly Longford

Great parking spot Croi.

So ye expect to draw Westmeath next to do the full circle :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

Oh God. I wasn't expecting a tanking. We made Kildare look like the Dubs.

Writing was on the wall after 5 minutes. There was a brief window after Kildare No 12 got the black card but their goal just before half time (our goalie has a nightmare of a game) killed that off.

Well done Kildare - we were beaten out the gate by a superior side.

Yellowcard - I assume after Kildare's loss by 19 pts to Dublin you'd have them in the second tier as well!

Or maybe you want to go like the hurling and have four competitions........