Have you ever been a 'Sledger?'

Started by theticklemister, May 18, 2015, 09:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Well have you ever mouthed at the opposition?

I honestly said I haven't.

armaghniac

In 2015 there is a simple cure for sledging, give each player a microphone. Problem solved.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

magpie seanie

Will probably come as a surprise to no-one that I have been known to get involved in verbals from time to time!!!

Jinxy

The only time I ever spoke to my opponents was to ask how much they paid for their boots.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 18, 2015, 09:31:54 PM
Will probably come as a surprise to no-one that I have been known to get involved in verbals from time to time!!!
I don't believe you.

Let's test it out.
Roy Keane is a w**ker... discuss.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on May 18, 2015, 09:36:28 PM
I don't believe you.

Let's test it out.

We'll see who's the w**ker when I put you on yer hole and plant the ball in the net. So stick that up yer bollocks (to quote the great man)!

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 18, 2015, 09:42:01 PM
I don't believe you.

Let's test it out.

We'll see who's the w**ker when I put you on yer hole and plant the ball in the net. So stick that up yer bollocks (to quote the great man)!
I got sent off 4 times, and all times were for mouthing off at the Ref.. 
I'm sure you also find that hard to believe!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

theticklemister

Quote from: laoislad on May 18, 2015, 09:45:53 PM
I don't believe you.

Let's test it out.

Wait, I was sent off myself once when mouthing at the ref also.......... opps!!!

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on May 18, 2015, 09:45:53 PM
I don't believe you.

Let's test it out.

This will definitely surprise - I was never sent off. Sailed close to the wind a few times but never got my marching orders.

Wildweasel74

Did talk to my man alot to be honest, it dawned on me very quick if you keep talking to your man when playing in the full back line, it took his attention of the game, but it was never sledging,general chit chat, never insulted a man in my time playing and outside of 2 lads from the one team back in the 90`s never got any verbals back. Though back then any verbals were fit to be sorted out in the physical manner shall we say.

themac_23

Had a short temper myself, was never the instigator, was fond of giving a bit back though, nothing personal really. always carried an extra bit of weight but had a real way of getting the few yards i needed to make a fool of my marker and get a lot of scores, always got the sure you're a fat b*stard etc etc so i usually took great delight in letting my man know that id rather be a fat b*stard than being made a fool of by a fat b*stard. Always done it in earshot of supporters to get the extra laughs and really make him feel a like a d*ck, would never resort to personal insults, family etc i personally think there is a line

Aaron Boone

I brought my Nokia out onto the field so I could taunt the opposition with their girlfriend's phone nos.

Jinxy

I once rang a fellas girlfriend when he was through on goal and I knew I couldn't catch him.
"Howaya Mary!"
He put it wide.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

I gave an opponent a wedgie once because he was pulling NY jersey. Pull my jersey I'll pull your jocks is what I told him.

TheOptimist

A fella was once telling me about what he was doing with my sister the night before.

I told him that was his problem!