Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Whishtup on May 18, 2015, 10:44:45 PM
Saw a clip of a tasty brawl today in the Nenagh v Toomevara North Tipp Hurling championship-players, fans, even kids involved.  Couldn't believe it-a melee, in Tipperary, in the Republic, in hurling!  Surely not?!?!!  Cue 'It's all Tyrone's fault...'

Listen, you've enough enemies as it is, stop hassling the Tipp lads.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

screenexile

Yes sledging is unpleasant but who gives a f**k really!

"Oh Master he said he shagged my wife so I decked him."

It's not true so laugh it off and play on. Big deal!!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Whishtup

Jinxy

Never saw Spillane's analysis of the '96 row before.
Classic stuff.
Jesus, could you imagine the national meltdown if it happened today.
Colm Coyle, the silent assassin, dropping lads in the background.  ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

J70

Quote from: ONeill on May 18, 2015, 11:45:04 PM
Sickening violence from Donegal at 40:15 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDKiNdgTNoU

He was a tough lad, Martin Griffin!  :)

cadhlancian

Quote from: Orior on May 18, 2015, 10:21:44 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 17, 2015, 09:56:59 PM
Quote from: Orior on May 17, 2015, 09:48:43 PM
I'd forgotten how much I detested Tyrone until I saw Philip Jordan on the TV.

His newspaper articles are quite good but it's very hard to give him any credit as he will only ever be remembered for one incident.

Marsden was totally cleared. But Jordan never spoke to Diarmuid and never apologised. I guess that's the Tyrone way.
get your facts right! Marsden was NOT totally cleared. He got off on a technicality.

JoG2

Quote from: cadhlancian on May 19, 2015, 05:48:12 AM
Quote from: Orior on May 18, 2015, 10:21:44 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 17, 2015, 09:56:59 PM
Quote from: Orior on May 17, 2015, 09:48:43 PM
I'd forgotten how much I detested Tyrone until I saw Philip Jordan on the TV.

His newspaper articles are quite good but it's very hard to give him any credit as he will only ever be remembered for one incident.

Marsden was totally cleared. But Jordan never spoke to Diarmuid and never apologised. I guess that's the Tyrone way.
get your facts right! Marsden was NOT totally cleared. He got off on a technicality.

but has his reputation

screenexile

Jesus Sean Cavanagh!!!! You lost why are you crying in the back pages again?

Are these lads 12 years old or something?

"Teacher teacher the Donegal lads called us bad names!!!  :'( :'( :'("

longballin

Seems it's got worse than bad names, we've moved from comments about sisters and mothers to deceased relatives... lovely. Real tough lads

Footie_mad

I am actually embarrassed by Sean. After the game Murphy was interviewed about what went on and dismissed it saying it was nothing. It is not the first time our captain has ran to the papers - Mickey Harte should put a ban on him talking. The reason why I am embarrassed as that on Sunday after Murphy took a freekick Cavanagh ran up to him and started clapping in his face which is why Murphy ran at him - double standards here Mr Cavanagh. Please say other Tyrone supports feel the same and make sure that people know this isn't the views of us.
I though Sunday's game was excellent, a real Championship match! It wasn't the lack-lustre low scoring match must people predicted.

AZOffaly

It is a bit ironic that Cavanagh is highlighting this so soon after the U21 final, when Tipp we accused of being naive for being annoyed by the same sort of thing. However, I think if Sean genuinely feels it is gone beyond the pale, he is right to highlight it. If nobody takes it on, it will remain. If lads like him and Joe Brolly start highlighting it, it will become the new cause celebre and a knee jerk rule will be put in place. What could possibly go wrong?

tc_manchester

Quote from: INDIANA on May 18, 2015, 07:11:06 PM
Quote from: rrhf on May 18, 2015, 03:34:45 PM
Ye know fcuk all about football.

Maybe but Tyrone are only a reasonable outfit at present. You need another 5/6 players like Peter Harte realistically before you'll worry the top 3 in Croke Park. You're never going to win anything with Darren Mc Curry playing at midfield.

You just don't score enough and I didn't see any obvious plan how to go about it. Donegal had a plan to get shooters between the two banks of Tyrone defenders by getting runners from deep traversing across the pitch and hitting the space between the two banks at precisely the right time. As much as I despise Rory Gallagher , the guy can coach and he had his homework done.

That finish for the goal yesterday by Mc Curry was absolutely sublime - it's a terrible shame to see him wasted around the middle. You played to keep the score down and you lost. Fortune favours the brave most of the time.

As a Tyrone man I've got to admit that Indiana is right when it comes to our game plan - The only time we hit some long ball in was in the last 2-3 minutes when we were looking for a goal. Mickey will not play a target man so we keep running the ball into the masses of the Donegal defence. We've been doing this for 5 years and it still isn't working. The only  change in tactic was to stick to murphy like a limpet. At least with the U-21s there was some variety to their play. We created some panic when the high ball went into the square. I can't figure out what's so wrong with doing that 10-15 times a game. It's ten times better that coughing up the ball 50 yards out. I'm loathe to say it but if the man won't change then it's time to change the man.

The Bearded One

Hold on a minute, Sean Cavanagh has quite clearly said both teams were equally as bad on Sunday and has not made any excuses for Tyrone's defeat.

He is trying to make the point that some players will not deal with verbals as well as others and fears what the consequences might be in a worse case scenario. I think it is a valid point. Just because it happens to be Sean Cavanagh delivering the message doesn't mean it should be ignored as sour grapes.

It is what it is. Presumably.

AZOffaly

But when Tommy Twomey mentioned it, it was?