Dublin v Tyrone 7th March 2015 7pm - 20 years ago since 1995 AI final Rivalry

Started by Fuzzman, February 27, 2015, 03:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Have to say, the Dubs' jerseys back in the '95 day were the business! :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

I expect the Dubs to field a much stronger team this week as they need points on the table. They will be able expecting three victories at home to the NW teams but could find the 13 man defence hard to break down.

Hopefully Tyrone deliver fast ball into that potentially potent FF line and not "crab it" up the field.
Being a Sat 7th March I think Dublin by 10 pints  ;D ;D

time ticking away

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 06, 2015, 07:42:11 AM
I expect the Dubs to field a much stronger team this week as they need points on the table. They will be able expecting three victories at home to the NW teams but could find the 13 man defence hard to break down.

Hopefully Tyrone deliver fast ball into that potentially potent FF line and not "crab it" up the field.
Being a Sat 7th March I think Dublin by 10 pints  ;D ;D
Deliver fast ball to who???
No point kicking the ball forward when there is one man being marked by 3 !!! (That's if mickey leaves one up and doesn't bring everybody back into the Tyrone half)
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

mayo.mick

I've 3 (season tickets) if anyone has a good home for them, 310.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Fuzzman

We're playing the Dubs who don't care about defence so I would hope to see our 2 corner forwards timing their runs around Big Sean catching it and giving it to them rather than slow kickout and crab it up the field until Dublin make an interception from a lose handpass and we're back on the back foot again

We've played out best football so far this year at pace.

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

SuperHo

I got a taker for the tickets and they've been delivered.
Ballygawley address by any chance???! :)

twohands!!!

Dubs have managed to name their 15

DUBLIN (SF v Tyrone)

1 Stephen Cluxton Parnell's

2 Eoin Culligan Kilmacud Crokes

3 Rory O'Carroll Kilmacud Crokes

4 Jonny Cooper Na Fianna

5 Nicky Devereux Ballinteer St John's

6 Philip McMahon Ballymun Kickhams

7 Jack McCaffrey Clontarf

8 Denis Bastick Templeogue Synge Street

9 Emmett O Conghaile Lucan Sarsfields

10 Tomás Brady Na Fianna

11 Dean Rock Ballymun Kickhams

12 Ciarán Kilkenny Castleknock

13 Kevin McManamon St Jude's

14 Paddy Andrews St Brigid's

15 Bernard Brogan St Oliver Plunkett'sEoghan Ruadh

Big news is obviously Cluxton back in goals - with Currie's disaster display against Kerry this looks into the no-brainer category.
The other big news is the first start of the season for Bernard Brogan - how much of this is down to the fact that he was pretty much only forward who was anywhere near decent for Dublin in the 2nd half v Kerry and how much is related to the fact that Costello has a knock.
Fitzsimmons is suspended because of his straight red, so Culligan who has impressed me from what I've seen comes in. O'Gara dropped for Andrews and Devereaux replaces Daly with O'COnghaile starting ahead of Carthy who played the full U21 game midweek at midfield.

As is standard practice Gavin and co, continue to keep the subs bench a secret. You'd think there surely won't be any late changes to the starting 15 given how close to the match the 15 were named.

I will be gobsmacked if Dublin don't win this at home. Bookies have Dublin at 1/4 and crazy as it is that looks very close to being decent odds to me

ApresMatch

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

twohands!!!

Interesting point in the pre-match analysis from Declan O'Sullivan about the Dublin half-backs tendency to push forward and using example of how this cost them in the game against Kerry and how this hasn't changed from last year.

Cathal McShane in for Conor McAliskey is the only change to the named 15

Dublin Subs

Seán Currie
Phillip Ryan
Ciaran Reddin
Eoghan O'Gara
Kevin Nolan
James McCArthy
Eric Lowndes
Paul Flynn
Brian Fenton
Shane Carthy
David Byrne

twohands!!!

Dublin not doing all that great in terms of dealing with a blanket's sides counterattack giving away 2 cheap frees.

Sean Cavanagh hits a free off the top of the post so gone to Hawkeye which gives the score.

Tyrone 0-3 Dublin 0-1

twohands!!!

0-3 apiece - 2 decent scores from Rock and Brogan in play.

Tyrone have dropped 3 shots in a row short into Cluxton's hand

twohands!!!

McNulty with a very nice score to put Tyrone a point up .

Donnelley hits the post and Cluxton gets very fortunate not to concede a 45

Reasonable enough pace to the game but not exactly blistering intensity.

twohands!!!

Rock with a very poor effort at a 45 .

Dublin defence concede another very scorable free converted by McCurry