Champions league 2015

Started by seafoid, February 17, 2015, 08:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Daragh Maloney imo doing an excellent job as host. Well able to mix it with the others.

johnneycool

Quote from: screenexile on March 18, 2015, 09:41:29 PM
Should have been 10 only for Joe Hart. As good a goalkeeping performance as I've seen since Ludak Miklosko on the last day of the season in 1995 to win us the league!!

Ballinascreen had a Czech keeper, who'd have thought?

From the Bunker

Wenger not happy with away goals rule! I think it is one of the better rules of two legged tie football!

http://www.football365.com/arsenal/9766127/Wenger-Reiterates-Calls-To-Scrap-Away-Goals-Rule

Jeepers Creepers

AZOffaly

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 19, 2015, 01:33:55 PM

Wenger not happy with away goals rule! I think it is one of the better rules of two legged tie football!

http://www.football365.com/arsenal/9766127/Wenger-Reiterates-Calls-To-Scrap-Away-Goals-Rule

I like it too, but I think if the tie goes to extra time, goals scored in extra time should only count as one.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 19, 2015, 01:50:55 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 19, 2015, 01:33:55 PM

I like it too, but I think if the tie goes to extra time, goals scored in extra time should only count as one.

Agree absolutely on this.

Jell 0 Biafra

Disagree.  The home side is already at an advantage of having an extra 30 minutes played on their ground.  That is offset by the away goals rule.

screenexile

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 19, 2015, 02:50:12 PM
Disagree.  The home side is already at an advantage of having an extra 30 minutes played on their ground.  That is offset by the away goals rule.

Yerra what should the rest of us get for playing the Dubs in Croke Park the whole time then?!!

illdecide

Quote from: screenexile on March 19, 2015, 04:08:02 PM

Yerra what should the rest of us get for playing the Dubs in Croke Park the whole time then?!!

A medal :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

magpie seanie

I agree with what Wenger says to be honest. Use it as a deciding factor after extra time but if teams are level after two games play extra time. Lots of teams are very cagey at home now, the opposite of the problem the initial rule tried to tackle.

50fiftyball

To be fair the 8 teams left bar Monaco, possibly Porto, are what I would perceive to be the best teams in Europe.

Chelsea would merit a place in there.

Still fancy Bayern to win it, they won't be phased by the Spanish charge this year.

nrico2006

Wenger is right regarding the away goals rule, stupid that such a rule exists to decide a game that finishes level.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Billys Boots

I think it's too big an offset - to be fair(er) it should go straight to penalties after 90 mins if it's all square, IMO.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

rodney trotter

Champions League quarter-final draw:

PSG vs. Barcelona
Atlético Madrid vs. Real Madrid
FC Porto vs. Bayern Munich
Juventus vs. AS Monaco

Captain Obvious

Wenger wouldn't be complaining if Arsenal went through on the away goal rule. A poor excuse for getting knocked out of Europe by average French side.