Sigerson 2015

Started by Any craic, January 27, 2015, 10:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 22, 2015, 01:04:23 AM
Quote from: Shrewdness on February 22, 2015, 12:16:44 AM
C'mon Mike, no need for you to turn against the Rossies. We get enough of that garbage from some of the clowns in our neighbouring county.
You are right. County Syferus is not Roscommon, it is some strange place that exists in Syferus head. A place where your county can never kick a ball but still win by association.It is an amazing world that he has created. We must learn more.
;D
We don't want to....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

INDIANA

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 21, 2015, 05:07:54 PM
Better side lost I thought but DCU made the most of the luck that went their way.

Both sides very tired I thought. Likes of Conor Mc Hugh look knackered.

DCU marginally better. Gas that DCU promote such talk of player welfare yet the Sigerson Cup is played over a weekend. In these weather conditions two games in two days is madness

DuffleKing

You may or may not be aware that DCU have absolutely no influence on fixtures

INDIANA

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 22, 2015, 04:43:43 PM

You may or may not be aware that DCU have absolutely no influence on fixtures

I know they don't but I think it's ironic that many of these colleges have sports science departments etc and why they haven't gone to the Higher Education Committees and said this is madness. Lads could barely walk at the end of that game yesterday

neilthemac

Different rules for the HEA bodies.
They practically write their own rules

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on February 22, 2015, 01:42:49 PM
Better side lost I thought but DCU made the most of the luck that went their way.

DCU marginally better. Gas that DCU promote such talk of player welfare yet the Sigerson Cup is played over a weekend. In these weather conditions two games in two days is madness

Should they have pulled out?
MWWSI 2017

tommysmith

Quote from: muppet on February 22, 2015, 08:51:21 PM

Should they have pulled out?

If ur father had of pulled out you wouldn't be here today.

ross4life

I thought it was very nice of Moyna to take McHugh off at half time while leave our own Enda Smith on longer until he could give no more then take him off only to bring him back on again in extra time  ::)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ck

Sigerson finals are always less energetic than the semi finals. In the days were burnout and recovery is paramount I find it incredible that elite teams are asked to play games 24hrs apart. This may have been ok 50 years ago but not today.

Niall Moyna is very good on radio talking about less demands on players yet he sits back on this issue. Very strange.

Rossfan

Indeed - a case of don't be abusing players, that's my job. :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on February 23, 2015, 12:17:20 AM

I thought it was very nice of Moyna to take McHugh off at half time while leave our own Enda Smith on longer until he could give no more then take him off only to bring him back on again in extra time  ::)

You keep your best players on the field sure.

twohands!!!

Quote from: neilthemac on February 22, 2015, 08:25:42 PM
Different rules for the HEA bodies.
They practically write their own rules

I would say the HEA has a problem with actually bothering to write down their own rules given what's gone on so far this year.

They think up rules but then don't bother to actually write them down seems to be the case given how the various appeals have gone.

stronghold

Mary I have appealed It Carlow GAA's reinstatement in Independent.ie GAA Higher Education Fitzgibbon Cup to the DRA - tomorrow's quarter-finals are in doubt.

ck

Quote from: stronghold on February 23, 2015, 07:52:29 PM
Mary I have appealed It Carlow GAA's reinstatement in Independent.ie GAA Higher Education Fitzgibbon Cup to the DRA - tomorrow's quarter-finals are in doubt.

Stronghold what's your thoughts on all this stuff. The GAA can't be happy that their HE colleagues can't even write the rules into the rule book. Would I be right in thinking that the whole thing will have to go back to the drawing board and start again?

Any craic

Sigerson Cup should be 'cherished' - Sean Boylan. 'I can't believe the passion that's there and the class football that's played by all of the teams. It gives you great faith that the game is in safe hands'. See video review of the Final here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHV7JQ-z6AY