Down
34 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: March 03, 2015, 02:53:23 PM

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 22, 2015, 08:43:58 PM
Quote from: moysider on January 22, 2015, 08:20:36 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 22, 2015, 06:59:33 PM
I dont get the hype about Meath. They are average at best and most of their fans know that. For me its Kildare or Roscommon, maybe Galway. Westmeath, Cavan, laois and Meath will be fighting to stay up.

Meath are Meath.
No it's not the late eighties to mid nineties when Meath were Meath.
Since the late 80s Meath has been diluted by Dublin immigration and suburbanisation and soft things like Sky sports etc and they are very watery now. They don't even talk the same way in some parts of the country, Jaysus. They also thought getting rid of Sean Boylan would change the dynamic but that was wrong, unfortunately. 

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on January 22, 2015, 03:38:13 PM
Our focus will be on staying up.
Absolutely. Only 3 home games & we haven't played at this league level for 7 years & the less said about that experience the better.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

From the Bunker

There are a lot of teams of the same level in this Division (as Syferus said). The Luck of what games you have home and away will have a big bearing. Also who is playing teams that have nothing to play for coming into the last couple of games. League survival will be a good result for Ros and (more so) Galway. There is no one of the standard of Donegal or Monaghan from last year (yet), so in their own right every team will fancy their chances.

moysider

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 22, 2015, 08:43:58 PM
Quote from: moysider on January 22, 2015, 08:20:36 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 22, 2015, 06:59:33 PM
I dont get the hype about Meath. They are average at best and most of their fans know that. For me its Kildare or Roscommon, maybe Galway. Westmeath, Cavan, laois and Meath will be fighting to stay up.

Meath are Meath.
No it's not the late eighties to mid nineties when Meath were Meath.

ah yes. I do forget its 2015 and the mighty men of Meath are closer to a free bus pass than their playing days.

Surely the Ros has to be contenders. Most of Div2 seems to be made up of teams that were out of their depth in Div1 and are on the slide a bit or former giants who have been treading water for a while. Rossie on the other are on an upward trajectory and would seem to have freshness and momentum as well as ambition on their side. A couple of early wins would give them momentum imo and they could go on a streak. Before we d know it they could become the pin-up boys again. The team Eugene McGee adored.

rodney trotter

Meath are not great shakes but were hit badly by injuries in the league and championship last year. 5 players suffered cruciate ligament injuries,  Conor Gllispie missed all the league and championship,  very good midfielder,  Eamon Wallace was a loss too

Rossfan

Have to laugh at the this Biggin up our ladeens ;) :D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kernan_is_King

There'll be nobody at these games, you will miss Armagh. Don't worry, we'll be back.
Big Joe - Big Future!

BennyCake

Kildare. Could be anyone though.

moysider

Quote from: Kernan_is_King on January 22, 2015, 11:28:11 PM
There'll be nobody at these games, you will miss Armagh. Don't worry, we'll be back.

Cén Fáth?

Are ye not bothering with the league the year? Must say I didn t notice ye in any fixture list?

armaghniac

Quote from: moysider on January 22, 2015, 11:39:06 PM

Cén Fáth?

Are ye not bothering with the league the year? Must say I didn t notice ye in any fixture list?

I think the problem was Armagh not bothering with the league last year!!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossie11

Could be a few bob to be made backing draws in this division.
Meath are my favs with the schedule they have

For Ross its all about staying up. No chance of promotion with trips to Down and Kildare on the schedule.

twohands!!!

I think the crowds at the Division 2 games will be quite a bit higher than the size of the crowds of nobodies at the Division 3 games.

Geezer is going to have fun convincing the Armagh lads that they are serious challengers for Sam, when there will be probably more on the pitch than in the stands for their league games.

The good news is that Armagh can have a media ban during the league and no-one will even notice.

Shrewdness

Division 2 will be a step up for what is youngish Roscommon team. One thing for sure, they'll learn a lot more by playing at this level than in Division 3. Overall, i'd say trying to consolidate their position in Div 2 for next year is the target.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossie11 on January 23, 2015, 11:59:38 AM
Could be a few bob to be made backing draws in this division.
Meath are my favs with the schedule they have

For Ross its all about staying up. No chance of promotion with trips to Down and Kildare on the schedule.
Ros could beat Down even away. Kildare would be trickier. They have to get at least 4 points against Cavan, Laois and Westmeath 

twohands!!!

Down, Galway, Meath and Westmeath are the 4 teams with 4 home fixtures so have the advantage on that front.