Any board members receive an OBE?

Started by ONeill, December 30, 2014, 11:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Who's going to tell them that the  British Empire doesn't exist any more ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tony Baloney

Nothing this year again. Patrick Barnes MBE :-X

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 30, 2014, 11:55:56 PM
Nothing this year again. Patrick Barnes MBE :-X

He accepted ? They'd better play the right tune this time when he's getting his award.

Gabriel_Hurl

He did

Quote"I am pleased to have been recognised in the Queen's honours list for 2015 for my contribution to the sport of boxing and for my contribution to work in this community.

This recognition also acknowledges my success in the Commonwealth Games in 2010 and 2014 in India and Scotland respectively.

I am pleased to accept it on behalf of boxing, my community, coaches, friends and family, who have supported my career from the first frustrating youth defeats to medal success on Olympic and Commonwealth stages.

I am a proud Irish sportsman, a proud sportsman from Belfast, and I take great pride in representing everyone in Ireland, north and south, in whatever way I can. If my achievements in boxing can inspire others and people can be united through sport, then my efforts will have been worthwhile.

I look forward to the challenges that 2015 will offer as I make plans to qualify for the Olympic Games in Rio in 2016. I would like to thank all those who have supported me in any way over the years and, as always, I will do my utmost to honour the faith and belief that you have had, and continue to have in me.

I wish everyone a happy and successful 2015."

T Fearon

Well known Tyrone supporter Deric Henderson got one,as did a friend of mine not of the unionist persuasion. No problem with these meaningless accolades,I know loads of recipients,a big day out that's all

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on December 31, 2014, 10:26:09 AM
Well known Tyrone supporter Deric Henderson got one,as did a friend of mine not of the unionist persuasion. No problem with these meaningless accolades,I know loads of recipients,a big day out that's all

What would your name be in the house of Lords, tony?

Lord Portadown ? 

Minder

I think when they are announced as receiving an honour they have accepted & there is also a list (that isn't made public) of those that don't accept.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theticklemister

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

brokencrossbar1

One poster does have a future family member on this years list anyway!

Tony Baloney

A load of oul bollox. The wife's uncle got one for services to teachinh  ::) - a job he was already paid for! Give them out to people putting themselves out for charity etc. but for salaried services rendered it's a pile of shite.

Orior

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 31, 2014, 12:54:20 PM
A load of oul bollox. The wife's uncle got one for services to teachinh  ::) - a job he was already paid for! Give them out to people putting themselves out for charity etc. but for salaried services rendered it's a pile of shite.

Agreed. Baggot got a medal - for just doing his job (and he left early too)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians