AI Club hurling

Started by johnneycool, November 10, 2014, 09:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Henry the difference in extra time. Ballyhale were very short odds this morning to win this game but they'll know that they were in a game today.

It doesn't make sense playing this standard of hurling at this juncture in the competition on fields like bogs and I hope this can be soon addressed.

gallsman

The number of times Henry pops up on the 45 on right sideline, unmarked, is incredible.

tyroneboi

Fair play to Shefflin for turning it around in extra time after making a few vital errors in the last few minutes of normal time!

pullhard

Quote from: gallsman on December 07, 2014, 04:36:12 PM
The number of times Henry pops up on the 45 on right sideline, unmarked, is incredible.

His famous ghosting. Savage when it comes off.

Hurling should never be played this late in the year.

Canalman

Only saw the extra time when BS pulled away.

KK keeper pulled off one of the best saves I ever saw and followed up with another one. Brilliant stuff altogether.

Agree that such an important hurling game should not be played at this time of the year.

johnneycool

Over the first 60 minutes I thought kk were the better overall team but missed a load of frees that TJ was putting over for Ballyhale and had a ropey fullback line for the taking but yet again failed to convert the chances. That was the get out of jail card used up.

Gort and Portumna this weekend I believe?

theskull1

Quote from: johnneycool on December 08, 2014, 09:59:29 AM
Over the first 60 minutes I thought kk were the better overall team but missed a load of frees that TJ was putting over for Ballyhale and had a ropey fullback line for the taking but yet again failed to convert the chances. That was the get out of jail card used up.

What's the reason this fixture taking place in December?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Owenmoresider

Quote from: theskull1 on December 08, 2014, 12:10:54 PM

To summarise:
-Turloughmore played Ardrahan in the county quarter-final in late September, which ended in a draw.
-Before the replay the CCC upheld an objection to Turloughmore fielding an ineligible player (who had played for a club in the States during the summer) in their group game win against Beagh, the game was nullified and Beagh went through instead as runners-up, thus to play Ardrahan instead.
-Cue prolonged appeals by Turlough' to the Hearings committees internally, in Connacht and eventually on to the DRA, to no avail.
-Beagh beat Ardrahan in the new quarter-final two weeks ago, but lost to Gort in the semi last weekend. Portumna had qualified for the final in early October.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

AZOffaly

Brutal for Portumna.

Hard luck to KK yesterday. That's some forward line Ballyhale have, for a club team. Jaysus.

pullhard

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 08, 2014, 02:36:48 PM
Brutal for Portumna.

Hard luck to KK yesterday. That's some forward line Ballyhale have, for a club team. Jaysus.

Portumna out, when will the connaught final take place?

That pitch, must have been like running in marmite. Hurling in December....

imtommygunn

Is there a connacht final now? I thought other counties went into intermediate/ junior with galway champions?

pullhard

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 14, 2014, 09:35:36 PM
Is there a connacht final now? I thought other counties went into intermediate/ junior with galway champions?

sorry i assumed there would be a connacht final.

seafoid

Quote from: theskull1 on December 08, 2014, 12:10:54 PM

Galway hurling is at its best in very late autumn/early winter

imtommygunn

I'm not 100% sure but think that's the case.can't recall hearing of a connacht club, or county, hurling final in a long time.