Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundrumite

Quote from: dodgy umpire on November 03, 2008, 08:44:48 PM
Quote from: Bitta-Banter on November 03, 2008, 07:00:07 PM
I'd say Jody Gormley had the best Bredagh team on the field.

a lot of people who have worked with the younger players would beg to differ

I made a point last year about my perception off younger players Bredagh players not getting a chance and falling by the way side. With more experienced "blow ins" who may not necessairly be much more talented being in favour. Have many of the younger players whom have came through the ranks got a fair chance this year?

Square Ball

If you look at our team that started on Sunday four of them are 20 and below, with another 2 on the line. we have a good bunch of minors that IMHO a few of will be playing senior football in the near future
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

T O Hare

Paddy Tally is a great scoop by Ross for next year!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Clown

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on November 03, 2008, 04:59:13 PM
Tullylish can still do it,sure who the hell is RGU soccer superstars?one or two names but certainly no super stars at the Gaelic.RGU havent won a match in ages and they'll find that difficult to overcome,i bet you there will be no soccer men training for them this week because the soccer team have a mid-week cup match.

u seem a bit obsessed with the old soccer there bitta banter?

goldenyears

just looking at promotion and relegation....IMHO

bryansford will probably survive next year in Div1, i think the other 3 will definitely be relegated - annaclone might surprise but would put mortgage on bbridge and wpoint not surviving. Ballyholland and Kingdom would have to be favourites to go straight back up again.

same applies all the way down the leagues - its a crap situation when you are one of those yo yo teams that cant seem to go up a division and stay there for a period.

what is the answer? fk knows- you can only coach what you have and i dont agree with pulling in players from other clubs...so do ya just accept your lot??

bredaghgael86

Quote from: imagine on November 04, 2008, 01:51:54 PM

So you're holding a grudge against playing the older imported ones in Bredagh? What age is your son/friend/or yourself
because you obviously have a bit of baggage with Bredagh at present? U-21 I'd guess.

I didnt neccessarily see any bitterness there.  I do think that bredagh probably had their best 15 out on sunday, i think we have been quite weak in a few positions this year.  I do think that the younger boys will come through next year and make a bigger impression, at least i hope so. :)

dundrumite

Quote from: imagine on November 04, 2008, 02:49:52 PM
Quote from: bredaghgael86 on November 04, 2008, 02:43:47 PM

So you're holding a grudge against playing the older imported ones in Bredagh? What age is your son/friend/or yourself
because you obviously have a bit of baggage with Bredagh at present? U-21 I'd guess.

I didnt neccessarily see any bitterness there.  I do think that bredagh probably had their best 15 out on sunday, i think we have been quite weak in a few positions this year.  I do think that the younger boys will come through next year and make a bigger impression, at least i hope so. :)

You may be biased in your observations!
Any time any posters makes an observation on their own club it can be deemed as bias.

Bitta-Banter

Quote from: Clown on November 04, 2008, 08:58:48 AM
Quote from: Bitta-Banter on November 03, 2008, 04:59:13 PM
Tullylish can still do it,sure who the hell is RGU soccer superstars?one or two names but certainly no super stars at the Gaelic.RGU havent won a match in ages and they'll find that difficult to overcome,i bet you there will be no soccer men training for them this week because the soccer team have a mid-week cup match.

u seem a bit obsessed with the old soccer there bitta banter?

Wouldnt describe my post as obsessive,but factual,as the soccer is goin well in Dpk,and the Gaelic aint.So id say the soccer boys will be concentrating on their game rather than the RGU play-off.

downtown

Would any Down mean know much about a man Jerome Johnson? What sort of manager wud he be?? think hes takin our club next yr, hes a killcoo man!

Niall Quinn

[quote author=iImagine link=topic=25.msg412041#msg412041 date=1225846502]
Try this.:  Does any of the Down posters know much about Kilcoo's Jerome Johnson, as he's to be our new Mmanager for next year?
[/quote]
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

The Corporal

Quote from: downtown on November 05, 2008, 12:30:29 AM
Would any Down mean know much about a man Jerome Johnson? What sort of manager wud he be?? think hes takin our club next yr, hes a killcoo man!

Which club is that?

Downgael2008

thought jerome was involved with down minors?

dodgy umpire

no grudge at all, a lot of excellent players i admire. while i am U21 i am not one of the few in my age group who should be considered for the senior panel , though i have had the advantage of seeing first hand  the younger  talent we possess . my sentiments are shared by many in the club, not just unsettled students
The Boys in Red and Black are back

dodgy umpire

nope dont play hurling either. mutiny is on the cards?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Lucius Fox

Quote from: imagine on November 05, 2008, 11:42:15 PM
Quote from: dodgy umpire on November 05, 2008, 10:44:03 PM
nope dont play hurling either. mutiny is on the cards?

By saying you wouldn't be considered for Bredagh's Senior panel was that not an indication
you played football but weren't good enough(possibly yet) for Senior football? Your last post is strange
in that its saying you don't play football or hurling.Make your mind up dodgy U--21

Imagine - i think you're off your head

dodgy said he's u21 but he's not been considered for the senior panel - seems to me that its an honest assessment of his ability - where you get "...in that its saying you don't play football or hurling" from i dont know

i think you're imagining things

maybe you'd like to see a mutiny at bredagh??