Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundroma

from everyone from dundrum and hopefully all of down we wish Gaberial and quick and easy recovery our thoughts are with you and your family

NedFlanders

From all at An Riocht G.A.C we wish Gabriel a speedy recovery.

cokers

Thoughts and prayers are with Gabriel and his family tonight. Let's hope he makes a good recovery and well done to those who promptly helped

amallon

Terrible for the referee and his family hope he makes a quick recovery.  Maybe referees should be sent to get their hearts tested. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Leo

Quote from: amallon on August 08, 2011, 09:52:19 AM
Terrible for the referee and his family hope he makes a quick recovery.  Maybe referees should be sent to get their hearts tested.

Absolutely agree with this.
Great work by those who came to Gabriel's assistance and to the arrangements in place for defibrilator at ground. Very well done and best wishes to Gabriel and his family.
Fierce tame altogether

13aside

my goodness was away last night and only heard from a mate who phoned me -best wishes and to Gabriel and his family at this time

downjim

Best wishes to Gabriel, I hope he recovers. We were poor last night and the Stone will fancy their chances in the next game.. Saval were very disappointing and they seemed to freeze against a Bridge team which was there for the taking.The Bridge though have the best bench in the county but i believe its still between The Ford , Kilcoo and ourselves

NP 76

Have to agree great work by all concerned last night saved that mans life . Would like to wish him a speedy recovery . Brought back memories of the night in Ballyholland that Michael Cole passed away an awful eerie feeling .

With all these draws at the weekend will there be a round of league games this Friday ?

blueannavy

will the draw for the quarter finals be made at tonights game ?

sabhallphadraig

HT: Ballykinlar 0-1 Saul 2-6

FT: Ballykinlar 0-1 Saul won

All the best to Gabriel T for a full and swift recovery from all at Saul

SHEEDY

b'holland beat the point by 5pts. 2-12 to 2-7
nil satis nisi optimum

whitegoodman

Poor enough match in Burren this evening.  The harps played one of the most dangerous fowards in club football in the county in the half foward line for the majority of the first half for some reason and went in at half time drawing.

Murtagh stayed inside for the 2nd half and scored 1 3 and sealed the game for them.  Ballyholland would have a lot of improving to do if they are to go any further.

To be fair to the point they didnt look like a team in relegation trouble in the 2nd division and if they play with the fight they did tonight they should have more than enough to stay in that division.

thewobbler

I've been at more atmospheric reserve friendlies than tonight's SFC match.

Both teams knew what the outcome was going to be before the start, and neither really pushed the issue. 

Only for Leo it would have been a complete non-event. Actually I shouldn't pander to him; tonight's eclectic mix of bad calls, bizarre interpretations and the downright controversial could have caused a riot in more strained surroundings.

Harps only played for 10 minutes, and that was more than enough. Only a horrible goalkeeping error and a dubious penalty kept it respectable.

Ballyholland's management won't be happy with the performance. But in fairness, we would have learned little from going full steam at it. The Point just aren't strong enough to do without the Boyles. It gave Shane a nice opportunity to blood 5 or 6 Championship debutants.

Best for the Blues  were Niall McCartan and Conor Clarke, while their midfield held their own well.

Patrick Quinn had a very decent hour for Harps, as did Niall McQuillan. Paddy McAteer made a big difference after coming on at half time. Murtagh and Murphy both made telling contributions too, without ever leaving second gear.

NP 76

Harps made hard work of the point tonight but as you said wgm the point played with great heart and plenty of fight . Thought Gunner Quinn had a good game for Ballyholland involved in all the good moves while Ross Mc Garry put in a good shift for the point . the draw for the next round is to be made next wednesday night at the double header of replays