the bbc today..

Started by lawnseed 2, April 16, 2007, 11:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed 2

couldnt believe my ears today while listening to bbc radio 'artificle six county statelet' when david dunseith 'the interupter' stated that a gaa referee "had to run for his life because a crowd had turned nasty". during a club match between ardboe and a team i didnt quite catch the name of. then followed the sports report by some young lassy who announced that donegal player kevin cassidy would miss the league final basically because hes a thug as are all gaa players only not in those words then she and dunseith have a good old condesending snigger. followed by the usual phrase "and now football" by which they mean soccer. then they cant let it go without mentioning the cricket after which the young lady lets the cat out of the bag by telling us something we've already guessed that cricket is very popular as well as hockey and that they were the main sports at her old school. now foaming at the mouth and deciding that is not going to help by pulling the radio out of the dash (besides i need it for newstalk 106) i decided to ring them on 08459555678 and give them a good fuking. but it took a while to get through so i decided to try reasoned debate but they were having none of it. i asked what was the news value of the item and was told that people were interested in what happened at gaa matches i replyed that if they were interested in gaa matches how come the bbc dont cover them? no reply . i asked if they didnt think that gaa supporters would see the item as another example of the bbc gaa bashing. seeing that i was going to be no pushover for gaa hater dunseith to blow out of the water the researcher announced he would pass my comments on to the presenter. before he could hang up  i asked who i should complain to then he hung up without reply.
    i strongly recommend that the two clubs involved as well as the ulster council complain to ofcom about the constant gaa bashing that is par for the coarse with the bbc. if david dunseiths statement about the ref having to "run for his life" is a lie then i think a good solicitor should be contacted imediatly. a few e-mails from board members to the british broadcasting company would also help absolute tramps >:(

Fionntamhnach

I've seen an e-mail from the county GAC Secretary Aodhan Harkin, says that he never made the comment "I understand it was a free-for-all involving players and supporters" that has been quoted in BBC & RTÉ reports.

dublinfella

lawnseed, your argument would be that bit stronger if the incidents didnt actually happen.....

what can a solicitor do? stop them reporting facts?

armaghniac

There may have been a melee of some sort. It seems unlikely that the ref had to "run for his life", life was never in danger. If the refs life was in danger the GAA must act immediately against the people involved and the PSNI must investigate. If this is not the case then the GAA must get the BBC to retract their report.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Goats Do Shave

Any mention of Davey Jeffrey being rushed from the Oval as he was getting pelted from the glens men? ::)

The Newsline programme was quite humerous...1 line mention of Donegal making it thorough till the final of the league...kind of an after thought!  :-\

loughshore lad

Typical sensationalist BBC journalism crap. I was at the game as it involved my home club. The ref walked off the pitch freely, he was not in any way touched or subjected to verbal abuse - as I would safely safe he will state in his report. The referee made a decision to halt the game and cited player safety as his reason for doing so.

Billys Boots

QuoteTypical sensationalist BBC journalism crap.

It's not confined to the BBC.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

downredblack

Matt Copper mentioned the Donegal bookings and sending off and then asked was this the usual Ulster physical performance . Lazy predictable shite , why not say they where the better side on the day and have been one of the best sides in the league so far instead of resorting to a perceived Ulster stereotype ?

bcarrier

Quote from: dublinfella on April 17, 2007, 12:24:12 AM
lawnseed, your argument would be that bit stronger if the incidents didnt actually happen.....

The voice of reason. Tyronnies in denial . who'd have thought it.

SlimShady

Quote from: lawnseed 2 on April 16, 2007, 11:53:11 PM
i decided to ring them on 08459555678 and give them a good fuking.

interesting....

full back

Is it a premium rate number ;)

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: full back on April 17, 2007, 10:32:19 AM
Is it a premium rate number ;)

;D  ;D  ;D
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

ONeill

I thought the news items yesterday spoke volumes for the train of thought in the halls of Broadcasting House. After the soccer, as an afterthought, we had David Jeffrey aggressively faking a run at Glentoran fans who were pelting him. He was being held back by his backroom team. This got about 6 seconds of comment. Imagine Mickey Harte being pelted by the opposing crowd and making an angry move towards them.

Perhaps though that speaks volumes about what is expected and acceptable from NI soccer fans.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

phpearse

Quotelawnseed, your argument would be that bit stronger if the incidents didnt actually happen.....

The voice of reason. Tyronnies in denial . who'd have thought it.

I don't think Lawnseed would be too pleased to be called a Tyronnie..

SlimShady

i just hope that wee fat f**ker Logan shows it for 5 nights running on UTV with terms like 'disgraceful scenes' 'thuggish behaviour' etc etc