Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anfheardubh

This is a battle between 2 cynical teams, however Tyrone are a different class to Monaghan and with all due respect, play football when given a chance, have won 3 AIs and are more skilled and equipped to progress

Monaghan will try and drag Tyrone down to a game which suits them, Physical, Ferocious Tackling, Intense Pressure and with this in mind could nullify Tyrone

Toss of a coin, Tyrone by 2 points but it wont be pretty, 2 Red Cards min, Monaghan don't do pretty and play on the edge all day long

So the referee could be crucial
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Main Street

Quote from: ONeill on June 04, 2014, 05:23:01 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 04, 2014, 05:01:36 PM

I'm visualising Monaghan 2 points ahead with the ball, a minute of aded (sic) time to play and the crowd doing "ole's".

They even misuse the apostrophe when they're chanting. Dirty fcukers.
We even misspelled added.
A cry for help from the fckwit who goes by the username of oneill.
Maybe this is the time to acknowledge that an apostrophe free, self conscious fckwit with low self esteem, who calls himself ONeill, does exist.
He appears to need help.  Is there anybody out there who can talk him down? You can promise him anything, but not an UC semi final place.

Schkite

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 04, 2014, 11:57:05 PM
O'Neill O'Neill O'Neill.

Leave them alone man. It's like Diarmuid Connolly. Misunderstood.
Monaghan are a changed animal. They've gone to anger management.
Yes they agree themselves they've spent years in the dark side and like ourselves they had to cross the line a few times to get over the line last year but trust them now
They're a totally different side now from the one in Croker last year.
They've got a top quality manager now who likes to play the game the way it should be played and so you will not see any more cynical stuff any more. So relax. Put away the old videos and enjoy the build up to the best game in Ulster this year. Red v Blue where I expect 3.11 to 2.15 scoreline.

I was just wondering did we ever meet Monaghan when we had Canavan playing? How did they manage to mark him?
As a matter of interest lads would you rather lose your title to Tyrone or Funegal?

I actually enjoyed O'Neills winding with the clips, it was the resurfacing of the Penrose/Gormley/Mone debate from last summer that made me sigh.

I know you're being a sarky hoor again but there won't be that scoring in it. Just because it'll probably be low-scoring doesn't equal a dirty and cynical game. You'd swear we were the destroyers of gaelic football and you lads the saviours with the shite talk going on here.

On Canavan, I'm sure he was playing when we met in 2005, though I don't remember him doing much if he was. O'Neill was the man who ruined us that day.

Schkite

Quote from: anfheardubh on June 05, 2014, 01:14:54 AM
This is a battle between 2 cynical teams, however Tyrone are a different class to Monaghan and with all due respect, play football when given a chance, have won 3 AIs and are more skilled and equipped to progress

Monaghan will try and drag Tyrone down to a game which suits them, Physical, Ferocious Tackling, Intense Pressure and with this in mind could nullify Tyrone

Toss of a coin, Tyrone by 2 points but it wont be pretty, 2 Red Cards min, Monaghan don't do pretty and play on the edge all day long

So the referee could be crucial

Different class, are they really? The Tyrone team now is full of young lads who've won nothing at senior level, the odd older head still knocking about and the likes of Cavanagh who is still playing great stuff. But there's far fewer of that calibre of player there now. It's no longer the days of Tyrone automatically being one of the main contenders for Sam, yet people still rate them like they are. Probably not much in it either way, but different class, no chance.

omaghjoe

Quote from: anfheardubh on June 05, 2014, 01:03:18 AM
Quote from: ONeill on June 04, 2014, 10:11:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTQQa1djtF8

Cynical stuff by Monaghan around 7:35 here.

Well done , had to laugh watching that clip

Stone Wall Penalty,  referee hadnt the gahunas to give it , home town decision ::) ::)

I remember it well, the Ref was shocking that day

omaghjoe

Quote from: ONeill on June 04, 2014, 11:17:27 PM
Quote from: babarino on June 04, 2014, 10:53:49 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 04, 2014, 10:11:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTQQa1djtF8

Cynical stuff by Monaghan around 7:35 here.

Thanks for shedding light on these offences O'Neill. We are all the wiser for it. Your forensic trawling through past matches going back to 1988 is the stuff of...a sado that seriously needs to get a life.

OK, but how do you defend the cynical laughter after this goal around 1:09?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rxrsu9ot2Q

O'Neill I don't know where u got that from but I think that's the most serious offence you have unearthed!
Monaghan folk have some serious questions to answer

BTW O'Neill David Forde could have a job for you with the HET

nrico2006

Quote from: babarino on June 04, 2014, 09:50:10 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 04, 2014, 09:20:41 PM
Old friends  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfMlSVpyp8

Dick coming in hard on Cavanagh around 1 min - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqkWU5r9Xfs

Some Dick - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z_2DsAL61M

What exactly are your links above meant to prove? And as pointed out earlier, Clerkin isn't likely to feature much, if at all, so this Tyronie fixation with him is silly. It was Cavanagh's diving got him sent off last time in Omagh; Cavanagh who fooled the ref and got Hughes booked in Croke Park as well as hauling McManus down going for goal.

The sooner there's a TMO, or even post match citing and match bans, to cut out this sort of cynical shit, the better. One ref and a black card isn't enough to deal with them.

I still laugh at Monaghan fans and their excuse for Darren Hughes being taught a lesson last year due to him getting a yellow card.  That all stemmed from some RTE pundit spouting it and every Tom, Dick and Harry then decided to use that to defend how Hughes got the runaround.  Cavanagh has gave better players than Hughes the runaround, and there has been thousands of players in the past who have received yellow cards and unless I'm mistaken, they were allowed to stay on the pitch and continue to play the game.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J OGorman

You Tyrone boys as always are fierce good craic. You are trying to build up Monaghan as a team full of hackers and draggers. I've seen the likes of Mayo, Donegal and Dublin up close and personal of late, as well as Monaghan, and Monaghan do not even come close to those three in the cynical / physical stakes. McManus is a huge loss. With him I would have tipped the Farney to win by a few, but now, its in the balance. If they click, the Tyrone forward unit will cause some heartache....however, can see this one ending in a draw

The championship has been very stop start so far this year.....ON WAY THE DIGGER!!!

Redhand Santa

Monaghan are at the mind games again. There is no doubt that McManus will be playing a part next week.

Schkite

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 05, 2014, 10:59:58 AM
Monaghan are at the mind games again. There is no doubt that McManus will be playing a part next week.

I'm certainly a bit more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago, and the word is he doesn't need the surgery which is a boost. But there's no sense in him rushing back and then getting a set-back. And this definitely isn't the game for it. Imagine all those Tyrone hallions dragging out of him and kicking his ankle, sure he'd be off on a stretcher.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: tyroneman on June 04, 2014, 10:08:34 PM
In terms of Gerry Arth seating am I right in thinking DO row A would be right down the front and DC row A would be about halfway up?

Correct. The O tells you it's open seating and C says it's "covered" seating. Row A of the covered sections would probably start just as you come up the steps.

ONeill

Big Hughes can be a handful. Is Justin the man for the job?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Jeepers it's got fierce nasty in here and I think that's the first time I saw anfheardubh give us Tyronies any praise  ;D

Yes I kinda half expect to see McManus at some stage.
I think it might not be as nasty as last years match. We just don't have that many spoilers any more as Mickey tends to have all good ball players in the squad.
When Gormley goes I don't know who we'll get to give a few slaps here and there.

I must say I'm really looking forward to this game and am kinda relieved it's not in Omagh as I've yet to see Tyrone play well there in a Ulster championship game but I suppose there hasn't been too many.

When is the 1st round of the qualifiers?