Sham Colleges

Started by foxcommander, May 16, 2014, 09:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

To be fair muppet I don't see anywhere that foxcommander mentioned anything about eu citizens!!
Though some take the p**s a bit - no more than our own native dole-ies!

Personally I'd be reducing benefits and where possible putting the able bodied long term unemployed to work ( on landscaping, state child care/crèches type work!)

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 17, 2014, 09:01:45 PM
To be fair muppet I don't see anywhere that foxcommander mentioned anything about eu citizens!!

Personally I'd be reducing benefits and where possible putting the able bodied long term unemployed to work ( on landscaping, state child care/crèches type work!)

He didn't.

That's why I said this: "So I have to presume we are talking about immigrants from outside the EU?"
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

Quote from: hardstation on May 17, 2014, 08:57:51 PM
Hmm, I seem to have stumbled into the BNP annual conference.
You lefty shinners eh?!!
It might be a different story if you were down here and in the 'being screwed for tax' bracket.

Fair is fair but scroungers and those paying tax to fund the rest of the country is a bit of a sore topic. I'm happy to do so if the system wasn't being so blatantly being abused.
The blame lies with civil service and lack of proper policy, procedures, regulations , decent info database and fecking desire to actually do their fecking job!

A lot of the sf crew are gradually migrating from the left down here!
So those shinner Marxists in the 06 will be far removed from the southern counterparts in the not too distant future IMO ( especially if they continue as is and look to get into gov )

lynchbhoy

Quote from: muppet on May 17, 2014, 09:03:28 PM

He didn't.

That's why I said this: "So I have to presume we are talking about immigrants from outside the EU?"
Jeez - why would you presume otherwise chief- were you looking to find offence to go all caped crusader !!

Is it a bird or a plane no it's a semi accurate half forward captain claremorris !!

;)

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 17, 2014, 09:11:11 PM

He didn't.

Jeez - why would you presume otherwise chief- were you looking to find offence to go all caped crusader !!

Is it a bird or a plane no it's a semi accurate half forward captain claremorris !!

;)

Are we not saying the same thing?  :o
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

We are I think
I'm just wondering how you arrived at even asking that question!

Maybe you'd prefer 'captain clew bay'
- the choice of underpants to wear outside your trousers is yours - though I suspect green and red - with a bit of brown around September...!!

Sorry I couldn't resist!!
;)

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 17, 2014, 09:16:15 PM
We are I think

- the choice of underpants to wear outside your trousers is yours - though I suspect green and red - with a bit of brown around September...!!

;)

At this stage I will leave you to your worrying about my underpants.

I have a '9 years of no trophy' to re-calibrate and a run to prepare for tomorrow.

MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

Quote from: muppet on May 17, 2014, 09:21:08 PM
We are I think

;)

I have a '9 years of no trophy' to re-calibrate and a run to prepare for tomorrow.
Lol
Maybe you mayO lads should think more about underpants, nappies and plan b so you's won't be 'caught short' again this sept!!

Didn't know you were an arsenal fan! Delighted for you!
Poor oul wenger gets some amount of IMO undue stick
Good luck in the run

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 17, 2014, 09:26:09 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 17, 2014, 09:21:08 PM
We are I think

;)

Lol
Maybe you mayO lads should think more about underpants, nappies and plan b so you's won't be 'caught short' again this sept!!

Didn't know you were an arsenal fan! Delighted for you!
Poor oul wenger gets some amount of IMO undue stick
Good luck in the run

Cheers, I am hoping to finish better than either Arsenal or Mayo.
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

Quote from: hardstation on May 17, 2014, 09:31:22 PM
How do the figures stack up? What percentage of people benefitting from the welfare state are "taking the piss"?
Typical cappo gurning. Be thankful for what you have. Millions would swap with you in the morning.
I'm dot disagreeing with you - yep I'm 'lucky' to be in a better position than a lot of poor unfortunates.
I'm not looking for a tax cut- well I'm happy to pay my bit , esp if it does benefit those who need it.
However I want my money and all money to go to those that need it - not to the scammers !
More money could benefit the genuine cases if these scamming parasites were cut out of the gravy train.
That and civil service to get off their holes to help such people.
Improve policies, procedures, take over unused housing for social needs families at least I'm the short term ( see late late show last night about that requirement)!

lawnseed

Excuse me. Civil servants can only do whats put in front of them. I know of one office involved in benefits work. They are so understaffed that they are just opening MARCH'S post now. Ten weeks behind in opening letters posted in march.. Never mind deal with the contents of that post.. Our politicians each and every party visited that particular rural based office prior to the last election canvassing for votes they are fully aware of the backlog and the demoralising pressure the staff work under but instead of fixing the problem they use the circumstances to fone up and que jump their friends or people who will vote for them. So we have files being pulled out of backllog piles taking workers away from their work to act as 'skivvy vote getters' for useless politicians trying to mske themselves look good so they can regain power and continue the flawed system.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

lynchbhoy

Quote from: lawnseed on May 18, 2014, 04:50:10 AM
Excuse me. Civil servants can only do whats put in front of them. I know of one office involved in benefits work. They are so understaffed that they are just opening MARCH'S post now. Ten weeks behind in opening letters posted in march.. Never mind deal with the contents of that post.. Our politicians each and every party visited that particular rural based office prior to the last election canvassing for votes they are fully aware of the backlog and the demoralising pressure the staff work under but instead of fixing the problem they use the circumstances to fone up and que jump their friends or people who will vote for them. So we have files being pulled out of backllog piles taking workers away from their work to act as 'skivvy vote getters' for useless politicians trying to mske themselves look good so they can regain power and continue the flawed system.
Maybe that's the case in the north
In the south - I've first hand exp- there is a lack of desire to work.
Out if 100, you'd only hand pick about 25 to come and work for you.

There is a bit of a grey area between politicians and civil servants as to who drives requirement but the top brass in civil service is where the buck should stop
It it their responsibility - govs come and go and really only vote to approve things.

Eg water charges- who was leading this, over seeing the project - I'd say no one as the consultancy fees, overspend , lack of policy/procedure and lack of actually addressing the well known long problematic leaking water pipe system - is a disgrace.
Yes it's a new private company effectively - but this comes under civil service level which then comes under and reports to gov

Water charges only latest in long line of failures by out civil servants/bureaucrats

Certainly in the south

lawnseed

That office is in ulster. Lunch. But not the occupied six. Why do you assume its in the north?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

foxcommander

Quote from: hardstation on May 17, 2014, 08:57:51 PM
Hmm, I seem to have stumbled into the BNP annual conference.

That's exactly the sort of comment that stops debates for fear of being labeled. No politician will touch the subject either. I wonder why. Let's bury heads in the sand, pretend it doesn't happen and hand out money to those who shouldn't get it.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

He didn't.

Absolutely - people within the EU have rights to be in the country and work. We have the same in theirs.
There is a finite amount of people the EU can support as well as how many Ireland can look after. We aren't doing a great job looking after our own to begin with
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie