The Roscommon Bus

Started by Shamrock Shore, May 08, 2014, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 13, 2015, 12:22:43 AM
I think there is a lot of begrudgery on this site.
A small county like Ros has the balls to go and do something like get sponsors to cover the lease on a bus for 4 or 5 years.

Some posters here seem to be obsessed about this bus.
Let it go lads.

It's a bit o craic, and ye know the Rossie lads never let anything go. They re in mourning now but by the time FBD comes around again they'll be right back at it.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: moysider on July 12, 2015, 10:00:02 PM

There's already talk of paring back on travel costs in Ros for 2016.

:D How long had you that one saved up?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

LeppinMick

The poor bus didn't have a great day itself yesterday either. Apparently when going through the village of Fenagh in Co. Leitrim the bus got caught up in Cemetery Sunday! One badly parked car and trailer meant the bus couldn't get passed so John Evans and a few of the lads had to get off, and push the trailer out of the way!  ;D ;D

Not your regular warm up routine!!

Syferus

Quote from: LeppinMick on July 13, 2015, 07:57:01 PM
The poor bus didn't have a great day itself yesterday either. Apparently when going through the village of Fenagh in Co. Leitrim the bus got caught up in Cemetery Sunday! One badly parked car and trailer meant the bus couldn't get passed so John Evans and a few of the lads had to get off, and push the trailer out of the way!  ;D ;D

That was a fûcking mess. Cars parked both sides of the road on a narrow road. I know Leitrim is a bit backwards but did their Gardai call in sick the week they thaught traffic control in Templemore?

Rossfan

Went the scenic route -  saw no traffic ( apart from the odd car) till the A4 was joined by all you lads coming in from Swanlinbar.
Bus should have took the same road as me  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

theticklemister

Ah well gave the players more time on the bus to say a fond farewell.

Is this sort of a similar story to the Mayo team in the 50s when They didn't  stop and show respect to the funeral cortège? Was respect shown here? If not, another few years in the all Ireland wilderness Mr. Evans !

Hillbilly

Quote from: theticklemister on July 13, 2015, 12:26:22 AM
New name for Roscommon bus for next year's FBD, NFL and Championship campaigns

Where will it go?

Nobody knows

When will it stop?

Nobody knows
Is this the bus you use to come out to the manus lol

baoithe

Quote from: Syferus on July 13, 2015, 08:13:03 PM

That was a fûcking mess. Cars parked both sides of the road on a narrow road. I know Leitrim is a bit backwards but did their Gardai call in sick the week they thaught traffic control in Templemore?

And Roscommon is....?

Syferus

Quote from: baoithe on July 16, 2015, 09:07:43 PM

And Roscommon is....?

The best county in Ireland.

theticklemister

Quote from: Hillbilly on July 16, 2015, 08:02:04 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on July 13, 2015, 12:26:22 AM
New name for Roscommon bus for next year's FBD, NFL and Championship campaigns

Where will it go?

Nobody knows

When will it stop?

Nobody knows
Is this the bus you use to come out to the manus lol

I know the 'manus that well I could unicycle through it

laoislad

Quote from: Syferus on July 16, 2015, 09:40:48 PM
Quote from: baoithe on July 16, 2015, 09:07:43 PM

And Roscommon is....?

The best county in Ireland.
At shagging sheep.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jinxy

They just steal them, they don't shag them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

laoislad

A Rossie told me once that there was no point stealing them if you weren't going to shag them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

Quote from: laoislad on July 17, 2015, 10:42:55 PM
A Rossie told me once that there was no point stealing them if you weren't going to shag them.

I wish I could relay a story of talking to a Laois man but every time I've been at Laois match I've never seen one.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on July 17, 2015, 11:20:44 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 17, 2015, 10:42:55 PM

I wish I could relay a story of talking to a Laois man but every time I've been at Laois match I've never seen one.

;D ;D :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM