The Roscommon Bus

Started by Shamrock Shore, May 08, 2014, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

In case anyone thought that our wonderful bus is rusting away in a shed somewhere, or in danger of it's engine seizing up, fear not.. Last Sunday, it brought Michael Glavey's U-8, U-10 and U-12 teams to Hyde Park for the Glavey's/Moycullen match. Things mightn't have gone their way on the pitch, but it's good to see that the bus is still serving the Roscommon Gaa community.

Rossfan

It brought a load of kids from North Ros clubs ona trip to Croker recently too.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Seems like it's never off the road. I'm sure Kevin, Liam and Co can't wait for a spin in it.

The Insider

Rumour has the famous bus is up for sale . Between leasing cost and insurance it is costing €75,000 a year to run . It has being said the Rossies senior team refused to travel on it to Mayo yesterday preferring to travel by car. In contrast Dublin used one of the new inter city route Bus Eireann coaches for their trip to Longford yesterday

Syferus

Quote from: The Insider on January 18, 2016, 08:29:22 PM
Rumour has the famous bus is up for sale . Between leasing cost and insurance it is costing €75,000 a year to run . It has being said the Rossies senior team refused to travel on it to Mayo yesterday preferring to travel by car. In contrast Dublin used one of the new inter city route Bus Eireann coaches for their trip to Longford yesterday

First I've heard about it. The idea a panel of players care that much about the mode of their transport that they'd refuse to use a bus sounds a bit like the proven-to-be-nonsense bus fight prior to the Sligo game. That was neighbours with little to be doing and nothing more. The hurlers were playing yesterday too.

Cunny Funt

If you read back on this thread you will see between sponsorship and donations almost a 2,000 profit was made on the bus for the year. Mayo hurlers played Roscommon in Connacht GAA centre yesterday the bus can't be in two places at once.

manfromdelmonte

People I know from other  counties have said its a great idea.

Promotes the GAA in the county, good connection between the county teams and schools/underage clubs.

Beffs

Rumour has the famous bus is up for sale . Between leasing cost and insurance it is costing €75,000 a year to run . It has being said the Rossies senior team refused to travel on it to Mayo yesterday preferring to travel by car. In contrast Dublin used one of the new inter city route Bus Eireann coaches for their trip to Longford yesterday/

For which they are being handsomely paid.

Not the other way around.

http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=1553&month=Aug

http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=1813&month=Jul

Take note Rossies !

Syferus

Quote from: Beffs on January 19, 2016, 12:01:39 AM
Rumour has the famous bus is up for sale . Between leasing cost and insurance it is costing €75,000 a year to run . It has being said the Rossies senior team refused to travel on it to Mayo yesterday preferring to travel by car. In contrast Dublin used one of the new inter city route Bus Eireann coaches for their trip to Longford yesterday/

For which they are being handsomely paid.

Not the other way around.

Take note Rossies !

http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=1553&month=Aug

http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=1813&month=Jul

I wonder how long the Dublin seniors even have to sit on a bus in any given year.

Beffs

Well given how well Longford parked the bus yesterday, I'd say a lot longer than they are happy with.  ;D

Rossfan

I thought Bus Éireann can't pick up and drop off passengers within Dublin.

Beffs

Well where is Busaras then? Wexford?  :o

Rossfan

They'll only pick you up if you're going somewhere outside Dublin.
They won't let you get a Bus from Busàras to the Lucan Spa e.g even though the Bus stops there - but only to pick up people heading West.

Beffs

Are the Red Cow and Dublin Airport not in Dublin? I've gotten Bus Eireann buses at both locations.

Croí na hÉireann

The Dubs are getting on the buswagon now as well

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...