Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Puck It

Wee James called it 15 months ago about Micky Hartes men and their diving! Looks like nothing has changed... Hope wee Laverty didn't hurt big Seans tummy and he's fit to play on Saturday!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KPsofCVUu8

BennyHarp

Quote from: Just Puck It on May 21, 2014, 11:52:11 PM
Wee James called it 15 months ago about Micky Hartes men and their diving! Looks like nothing has changed... Hope wee Laverty didn't hurt big Seans tummy and he's fit to play on Saturday!!

Wee James wrote the book on diving so he's bound to know.
That was never a square ball!!

EC Unique

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 21, 2014, 11:56:14 PM
Quote from: Just Puck It on May 21, 2014, 11:52:11 PM

Wee James wrote the book on diving so he's bound to know.

Cheeky little pup. Will be nice to see him defeated on Sat night.

Aristo 60

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 21, 2014, 08:26:51 PM
Anyone know what section H is like in the stand? Hoping its not the very corner.

Section H is ok, Ideally you'd want an D, E, F or G but at this stage I'd settle for a H.

Muzz

Section G for me on season tickets

Fuzzman

Do you think there's any chance of getting tickets at the game?
I'm tempted to go up as it's on quite early
In 2008 I stayed around town after the game but is it a nightmare getting out of the place?
If I wanted to leave in a hurry towards Dublin would I be best to park miles away and walk down the Dublin road big hill?
Could be a long way back up it

I presume BBC can't show the replay?

CD

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 22, 2014, 12:15:51 PM
Do you think there's any chance of getting tickets at the game?
I'm tempted to go up as it's on quite early
In 2008 I stayed around town after the game but is it a nightmare getting out of the place?
If I wanted to leave in a hurry towards Dublin would I be best to park miles away and walk down the Dublin road big hill?
Could be a long way back up it

I presume BBC can't show the replay?
Was just on gaa.tickets.ie - still tickets available for the terraced area so I'd imagine you'll have no bother picking them up in the marshes. I'm intending to do that myself
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Fuzzman

It looks like rain and the wife has plans for 9pm so I might have to leave it.
Gone are my days of being superstitious that my attendance decides the outcome.

Anyone want to risk picking Mickey's team tonight?
At least Suarez is out so that's one name we wont see

I expect the same FF line and maybe McGinley at wing back and Clarke at FB with Justy starting
Clarke's lack of pace and slow turning ability could be well targeted by that wee beardy Willow the Wisp

I take is there will be no big Club Tyrone night tonight to announce the team

tyroneman

See a lot of newspaper articles saying Joe McMahon is available / was added to squad last day out - anyone know what the story is?

I thought he had done his calf in. 

Sidney

Quote from: tyroneman on May 22, 2014, 05:32:54 PM
See a lot of newspaper articles saying Joe McMahon is available / was added to squad last day out - anyone know what the story is?

I thought he had done his calf in.
Tyrone need to slaughter a few sacred cows if they are to win on Saturday.

tyroneman

Team to be announced on Tyrone website@ 8.30pm Friday apparently.

Less time for blood pressures to rise I guess going by the last announcement  ::)

ardtole

Last Sunday threw up as many selection problems for McCartan as Harte, will either of the Johnsons start? do you keep Benny on the bench or bring him on, similar with Ambrose. Is Dan Gordon any closer to contributing some game time. Does he keep Madine in Ff or bring him out the field where he was more effective. Who starts in midfield? Id hazard a guess at
McVeigh
R Johnson
McArdle
Garvey
Rooney
Carr
Boyle
McKernan
Turley
Madine
Poland
Maginn
Laverty
Rodgers
O'Hare

Fuzzman

I finally got around to watching the match again last night or at least the second half. Some of the defending for Tyrone is just unreal. One time I counted 7 men back and Poland passed and ran on and nobody followed him. Schoolboy stuff time and again. I presume they watch videos of it afterwards.
I see Brolly in the GL is heaping praise on Block for steadying the ship. He also praises Sean after saying how the big man rarely goes down in his own box.

I would say Down will have less fear and more belief this weekend. I still think they'll come up short this time though.
I wonder will Maginn be so abrasive this time as he could have been sent to the line much faster last Sunday. Even before the penalty.

ONeill

There's no team like Down with their dander up. Always been like that since I can remember.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

WT4E

Is the unusual late team announcement a sign that mickeys just not sure about his choices anymore???