Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down Follower

Down as always are unpredictable - and this leads to the slight pessimism amongst us so that we dont really expect to win, to outsiders anyway.  In house, I think we all harbour hopes and expectations.  In James's years at the helm, we have played in Div 1 & 2 play offs, Ulster Finals, All Ireland Finals, and also got a few real hammerings against us thrown in too. which emphasises our ups and downs.  We dont have the quality of a few years ago with the Clarkes, Murtagh, McCumiskey, Big Dan etc no longer around so our team is weaker.  However, so is Tyrones so this is far from a sure thing for the red hands.

grounded

It would be great for Down to win in Omagh but I just can't see it. Outside of O'Hare its hard to see where are scores are going to come from. A fit Ambrose would offer some threat from midfield but he may not be ready in time.   

rrhf

A team with no defence plays a team with a swaggery attack on an early summers day in Omagh.  Im not saying Down are the finished article but my head says they are a championship team and with no expectation, yet just 3 years after playing an an all ireland final.  Do you down men think we Tyrone men are complete gullible eejits. We go hard into this one or we'll be holidaying in Carlow and Leitrim over the summer....   

Under Lights

Sean Cavanagh seemed to be in a bit of form over the weekend for the Moy.
Paddy McNiece for Na Fianna as well.
Noticed Penrose didn't play for Carmen.

Justin McMahon continues his comeback with Omagh. Under a month now to this game.

RadioGAAGAA

i usse an speelchekor

Fuzzman

How did Justin play? Was Clarke and Ronan playing too?
What's the latest on Joey's injury?

Usually it's around this time of the year that we get hit with BIG injury bad news.
I really hope McNabb can stay injury free and get a run in the team.
I still can't decide where is the best place to play Clarke?
Could he be a good corner forward come 3rd MF like McGinley

southdown

Cant see Mallon starting.  Ambrose looked OK in a club game at the weekend, he also scored 2 45s on the first half.  Turley must start.

PAULD123

Fully fit but not available players for Down:

Marty Clarke
Caolan Mooney
Dan Gordon
Paul McComiskey
Danny Hughes
Ryan Mallon (probably unavailable)
Kalum King (probably)

Every one of these players would start if available. That's half a team better than team we have now.

Ed Hardy

Under Lights

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 23, 2014, 12:53:54 PM

Marty Clarke
Caolan Mooney
Dan Gordon
Paul McComiskey
Danny Hughes
Ryan Mallon (probably unavailable)
Kalum King (probably)

Every one of these players would start if available. That's half a team better than team we have now.

Outside Clarke and Mooney what are the issues with the others.

rrhf

Aristo 60

PAULD123

Quote from: Under Lights on April 23, 2014, 09:52:09 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on April 23, 2014, 12:53:54 PM

Marty Clarke.....

Outside Clarke and Mooney what are the issues with the others.

Marty Clarke           - Australia Rules
Caolan Mooney       - Australia Rules
Dan Gordon            - Recovered from broken foot but hasn't chosen to rejoin panel
Paul McComiskey    - Went travelling last year (back now but not rejoined panel)
Danny Hughes        - Has opted out to concentrate on club football
Ryan Mallon            - Working in Brussels
Kalum King              - Says he is too busy at work to join panel
Shay McCartan        - Playing football for Accrington Stanley

I added Shay McCartan (forgot him of the initial list)

If all those players were available then only Poland would be likely to retain his place from Number 8 to 15. Maybe Laverty instead of McCartan but I doubt it.

In defense apart from Dan Gordon I believe Niall McEvoy wasn't overly interested in playing for the county (but I'm willing to be corrected)

DennistheMenace

That's a serious list of quality footballers missing from Down's squad.

DuffleKing

For how many more years are you likely to moan about this shite?