Nigel Dineen
19 (79.2%)
Dessie Farrell
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

mylestheslasher

Quote from: beer baron on April 20, 2014, 02:34:10 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on April 20, 2014, 02:09:36 PM
Cavan - J Farrelly; B Fortune, K Clarke, P Faulkner; G Smith, C Moynagh, C Brady (0-1); L Buchanan, M Argue (0-1); P Graham, E Flanagan (0-2), A Watson; D McVeety, T Hayes (0-2), J Dillon (0-3). Sub: A O'Hara for Moynagh, K Bouchier (0-1) for Dillon (black), C Moynagh for Fortune, C Byrne for Flanagan, E Hession for Graham, G McGovern for Buchanan.

All under age next year. Maybe next year there is an Ulster & All Ireland, Conor Madden, would have been a big help yesterday, also  eligible next year. Ryan Connolly a great prospect from the Minor team

Moynagh,Clarke and Mc Veety will be 3 massive losses,i think this year was the year if we were going to do it but i hope im wrong.

I agree Beer baron, Not sure whether the team next year can win Ulster but you never know how lads might be developing and of course how fortunate or otherwise we might be in the draw.

INDIANA

Quote from: Westside on April 20, 2014, 05:33:47 PM
Let's say for a second that you're right and Dublin don't have an advantage due to population (which I'm finding it hard to believe that you're actually saying to someone from Cavan).. Why are they given 1.5 million for games development and Cork, who have more clubs as you've said yourself, get 95k if what the lad above says is true? (If it's not then fair enough)
Surely the only rationale for giving Dublin such a huge amount of funding for games development would be if they were reaching a massively higher proportion of players than the counties that were given so much less?

Genuine questions here as I haven't ever paid much attention to this debate or the Dublin defence to it.

The number one reason its given is because in a study around 1999/2000 the GAA were so alarmed at the lack of penetration of the national games in the capital city they decided they had to do something about it.

Participation numbers had plummeted and were falling every year. For a city of 1m people GAA would be gone soon enough if they didn't.

Now there is definitely a case for redressing the balance and I have no issue with that. I don't see why the GAA doesn't make special funding available to certain counties for development structures. Won't win them an AI but it might in an odd year give them a shot at a provincial crown. But it seems the GAA are intent on stockpiling all their cash.

What they didn't bank on was Dublin organising their development structures so well. people think its money- its not. Its coaching expertise. So many counties were asleep at the wheel slating Dublin when they getting hammered by kilkenny at hurling and kerry and tyrone and football instead of looking after their own development structures.

But the idea that clubs in Dublin are getting it is rubbish. Dublin clubs are leveraged to the hilt in many cases from bad property deals similar to rural clubs. Have to fund raise to to build anything same as every club. We don't get anymore grants then anyone else.

Go and talk to clubs outside the top 6 and ask them how easy it is. My club is in the top 6 , has 2 all ireland club titles in 6 years and is still struggling! So Gods knows how the others are coping.

This is a special group of Dublin footballers. Our minors should have lost to Longford yesterday, Kildare have beaten us at minor level in the last couple of years, Its all cyclical. Kilkenny didn't destroy hurling winning 4 in  arow. Dublin won't at football either and we probably won't even win 2 in a row.

INDIANA

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 20, 2014, 05:48:02 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 20, 2014, 02:20:24 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 20, 2014, 02:01:31 PM
Like I say Dublin fans complaining about booing, Dublin fans complaining about scumbags. Am I in the twilight zone. If I wanted to be sure of finding such behavior I would head to Hill 16 when the Dubs are playing. I was there once when Dublin played Tyrone and a gang of ye were chanting something about "orange b**tards" at Tyrone. Like I said, look after yer own big problem before you try and fix a small problem in Cavan.

Why not answer Don't Matter, why is so much money being given from HQ to the Dubs when they are well able to fund themselves?

God myles you really are a bitter, sad little man. Why play up to the Neil Toibin Cavan stereotype?

Dont defend the indefensible from the sc**bag element of the Cavan support. The officials are entitled to a basic duty of care - your fans provided nothing but toerag behaviour yesterday

I have never defended any of the sc**bag element of the Dublin support and never will.

As regards money- thats the last resort of the village idiot on gaaboard.

You think Cavan's 4 ulster u21's was built on bread and water?

Sure listen Don't matter and yourself can debate that all day. The poor misguided fool has been looking for a playmate for a few months now. You look like you can provide that.

Showing your class now with the personal insults Indiana. Cavans 4 in a row Ulsters were built on modest amounts of money raised within the county. It didn't come in any greater quantities in the last 4 years than it did before - i.e. there is no correlation between our recent success and money from Croke park. There is a correlation between hard work from dedicated Cavan men like Peter Reilly  and success though.

I am immensely proud of Peter, his management team, the players, the panel and the fans that followed the team. Its just a shame they didn't get fair play yesterday, a shame but not really a surprise.

You're just a sore loser Myles. The worst kind.

Peter Reilly insulted Dublin yesterday to deflect the attention from his own poor decisions. (like putting an injured player back on)

Another sore loser

rodney trotter

Is it not to get Gaa popular at grass roots in the capital city for the development of Hurling and Football. Dublin Hurlers were abysmal for a long time, lot of improvement in recent yers and are now one of the top teams winning Leinster last year. Having a strong Dublin Hurling team is good for the Gaa.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: INDIANA on April 20, 2014, 05:54:03 PM
Like I say Dublin fans complaining about booing, Dublin fans complaining about scumbags. Am I in the twilight zone. If I wanted to be sure of finding such behavior I would head to Hill 16 when the Dubs are playing. I was there once when Dublin played Tyrone and a gang of ye were chanting something about "orange b**tards" at Tyrone. Like I said, look after yer own big problem before you try and fix a small problem in Cavan.

Why not answer Don't Matter, why is so much money being given from HQ to the Dubs when they are well able to fund themselves?

God myles you really are a bitter, sad little man. Why play up to the Neil Toibin Cavan stereotype?

Dont defend the indefensible from the sc**bag element of the Cavan support. The officials are entitled to a basic duty of care - your fans provided nothing but toerag behaviour yesterday

I have never defended any of the sc**bag element of the Dublin support and never will.

Sure listen Don't matter and yourself can debate that all day. The poor misguided fool has been looking for a playmate for a few months now. You look like you can provide that.

Showing your class now with the personal insults Indiana. Cavans 4 in a row Ulsters were built on modest amounts of money raised within the county. It didn't come in any greater quantities in the last 4 years than it did before - i.e. there is no correlation between our recent success and money from Croke park. There is a correlation between hard work from dedicated Cavan men like Peter Reilly  and success though.

I am immensely proud of Peter, his management team, the players, the panel and the fans that followed the team. Its just a shame they didn't get fair play yesterday, a shame but not really a surprise.

Peter Reilly insulted Dublin yesterday to deflect the attention from his own poor decisions. (like putting an injured player back on)

Another sore loser

I couldn't care less what you think and I am sure Peter Reilly doesn't either. One team gets all the 50/50 calls you are just not man enough to admit it. Neither are you are man enough to engage with Don't Matter on a serious issue of funding of counties and seem to think struggling clubs is somehow a Dublin phenomenon - you should get out of the big smoke more often and you'd see there are clubs folding all around  the county and there is no 1.5m for them.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 20, 2014, 05:58:32 PM
Is it not to get Gaa popular at grass roots in the capital city for the development of Hurling and Football. Dublin Hurlers were abysmal for a long time, lot of improvement in recent yers and are now one of the top teams winning Leinster last year. Having a strong Dublin Hurling team is good for the Gaa.

What about Cavans hurlers Rodney, no one was more abysmal than us. Where is our glut of funding for the same purpose.

Zulu

Don't you have a dedicated hurling development officer now Myles?

rodney trotter

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 20, 2014, 06:01:46 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on April 20, 2014, 05:58:32 PM

What about Cavans hurlers Rodney, no one was more abysmal than us. Where is our glut of funding for the same purpose.

Eoin Morrissey is a Full time coach from Waterford, been in Cavan for the last 3 years or so. Good work going on under age, Minor team won the Divison 2 Minor league last week beat Tyrone. There is only a handful of Hurling teams in Cavan - it will never have be as popular as Gaelic football. Dublin has a lot more Hurling teams and maybe that could be 50/50 with the interest

Cavan intend to have a team in the National League next year

Westside

So Dublin are at no big advantage due to population yet are receiving fifteen times the development funding others are? But this funding isn't the reason for Dublin's resurgence, it's coaching expertise... There might, MIGHT, be a case for "redressing the balance"...

I'll leave it at that.

I will say before I leave that anyone listening to Peter Reilly's interview will tell that the mean is heartbroken. Some of his comments may have been better kept to himself but if he doesn't regret them himself today then that's fair enough he's entitled to an opinion and never once took a shot at Dublin, only the GAA.
In 2009 we had Tommy Carr over the U21s. I'd say he wouldn't have been able to name the 15 he put on the field without a program in front of him. I'm proud to have a man like Peter Reilly over these young lads and every one of them have nothing but the highest praise for the man. Sincerely hope he can deliver better days in future.

Best of luck to Dublin and Roscommon in the final.

rodney trotter

Quote from: beer baron on April 20, 2014, 02:34:10 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on April 20, 2014, 02:09:36 PM
Cavan - J Farrelly; B Fortune, K Clarke, P Faulkner; G Smith, C Moynagh, C Brady (0-1); L Buchanan, M Argue (0-1); P Graham, E Flanagan (0-2), A Watson; D McVeety, T Hayes (0-2), J Dillon (0-3). Sub: A O'Hara for Moynagh, K Bouchier (0-1) for Dillon (black), C Moynagh for Fortune, C Byrne for Flanagan, E Hession for Graham, G McGovern for Buchanan.

All under age next year. Maybe next year there is an Ulster & All Ireland, Conor Madden, would have been a big help yesterday, also  eligible next year. Ryan Connolly a great prospect from the Minor team

Moynagh,Clarke and Mc Veety will be 3 massive losses,i think this year was the year if we were going to do it but i hope im wrong.

Thought McVeety was better last year to be honest, he was poor yesterday and had to be taken off. Needs to get stronger for Senior football. Clarke and Moynagh big losses for sure,

INDIANA

Quote from: Westside on April 20, 2014, 06:14:57 PM
So Dublin are at no big advantage due to population yet are receiving fifteen times the development funding others are? But this funding isn't the reason for Dublin's resurgence, it's coaching expertise... There might, MIGHT, be a case for "redressing the balance"...

I'll leave it at that.

I will say before I leave that anyone listening to Peter Reilly's interview will tell that the mean is heartbroken. Some of his comments may have been better kept to himself but if he doesn't regret them himself today then that's fair enough he's entitled to an opinion and never once took a shot at Dublin, only the GAA.
In 2009 we had Tommy Carr over the U21s. I'd say he wouldn't have been able to name the 15 he put on the field without a program in front of him. I'm proud to have a man like Peter Reilly over these young lads and every one of them have nothing but the highest praise for the man. Sincerely hope he can deliver better days in future.

Best of luck to Dublin and Roscommon in the final.

If you want to be a smart alec that's fine. But just look at the roll call of coaching staff in the dublin development system from u14 to u18 for a hint. Money won't win you anything. Top coaching will.

Cavan put Peter Donnelly in charge of S and C and got the benefit.There is a hint in that.

Peter Reilly is entitled to his opinion what's he not entitled to do is somehow blame Dublin for being better then Cavan yesterday.

I'm fed up listening to same tired ould clapped out nonsense from some counties every year in relation to Dublin. Most counties have a period where things go well for them. This is ours. We won nothing from 95 to 2011 and nobody minded then.

INDIANA

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 20, 2014, 06:00:34 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 20, 2014, 05:54:03 PM

Another sore loser

I couldn't care less what you think and I am sure Peter Reilly doesn't either. One team gets all the 50/50 calls you are just not man enough to admit it. Neither are you are man enough to engage with Don't Matter on a serious issue of funding of counties and seem to think struggling clubs is somehow a Dublin phenomenon - you should get out of the big smoke more often and you'd see there are clubs folding all around  the county and there is no 1.5m for them.

I've engaged several times with him Myles in the past. Please keep up. However I can't got the time nor inclination to continue the monotone conversation where he spouts complete inaccuracies.

I don't care what you or your esteemed u21 manager think either but there is a way to carry yourself as a manager and as a supporter. And in my opinion Cavan let themselves down yesterday.

If the Dublin fans or manager reacted with the same sort of nonsensical comments or fans who abused the referee like yours did yesterday we'd have two threads running about Dublin scumbags. But because its your county its ok is it?

That's fine Myles. I know where you're coming from now.

mylestheslasher

Indiana - The transcript of Peters interview is here

http://www.anglocelt.ie/sport/gaelicfootball/articles/2014/04/19/4029700-audio-reilly-unhappy-with-referee-after-heartbreaking-onepoint-defeat/

He is at pains to not blame Dublin. His criticism is totally directed at the GAA and the referees performance. Maybe you might listen to it as you clearly have not if you think he was critical of Dublin.

INDIANA

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 20, 2014, 06:46:05 PM
Indiana - The transcript of Peters interview is here

http://www.anglocelt.ie/sport/gaelicfootball/articles/2014/04/19/4029700-audio-reilly-unhappy-with-referee-after-heartbreaking-onepoint-defeat/

He is at pains to not blame Dublin. His criticism is totally directed at the GAA and the referees performance. Maybe you might listen to it as you clearly have not if you think he was critical of Dublin.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/gaa/cavan-boss-maybe-dublin-is-a-team-the-gaa-want-to-win-628329.html

Silly comments

Itchy

You're a bit of a tool aren't you Indiana. The Anglocelt is the full interview. Breaking news took some comments out of context. You'd rather slobber about the latter for some reason. Sure the GAA have been giving ye as much as they can since the 95 all Ireland when ye cheated a win over Tyrone.