Who would win in a street fight?

Nigel Dineen
19 (79.2%)
Dessie Farrell
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 06, 2014, 07:01:09 PM
Okay, why don't we all forget about the various merits or otherwise of Mayo and Derry and focus on the only 6 teams still in with a chance of winning the All Ireland...Have to acknowledge the significance of Cavan going for four in a row in Ulster. A brilliant achievement in a province that is always very competitive at underage level.

They certainly are the real deal.

I would also like to say that, despite Itchy's unprovoked assault on Roscommon supporters, I have always found Cavan supporters to be among the most generous and knowledgeable in Ireland and that I see a kindred spirit in our joint passion for gaelic football at all levels. I wish them every success and hope to see them in this year's All-Ireland series.

Itchy

Are you 5 years old? Posting same thing on two threads. Cop on and maybe you'd stop giving Roscommon fans a bad name.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on April 06, 2014, 07:40:10 PM
Are you 5 years old? Posting same thing on two threads. Cop on and maybe you'd stop giving Roscommon fans a bad name.

The buck who posted a Barna Waste-sized skip of generalised garbage about a county really shouldn't be playing the child card.

I also edited the above post because I can tell you're a man who doesn't suffer repetition lightly and I expect better from myself too.

Rossfan

Syfín please stop ruining another thread. :-[
So the All Ireland Final seems to be the game between Cavan and Dublin according to some. Wonder what happens if Donegal win the UF? Will Dublin be awarded the Cup without further ado?
Meanwhile we play the winners of the Cork/Tipp MF which should be an excellent game.
Maybe we could have done with a tougher test in the CF but sure we'll give it a lash anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on April 07, 2014, 11:06:28 AM
Syfín please stop ruining another thread. :-[
So the All Ireland Final seems to be the game between Cavan and Dublin according to some. Wonder what happens if Donegal win the UF? Will Dublin be awarded the Cup without further ado?
Meanwhile we play the winners of the Cork/Tipp MF which should be an excellent game.
Maybe we could have done with a tougher test in the CF but sure we'll give it a lash anyway.

It's my thread to ruin you tool. Added a nonsense poll.

Ryano

Quote from: tommysmith on April 06, 2014, 01:34:25 PM
Captain obvious anyway . I don't bother reading what SOME rossies spout they talk through their arses.

Fixed that post.

Don't tar us all with the same brush. Like all counties there are good and bad supporters mixed in there...

rodney trotter

The GAA has confirmed details of the upcoming Cadbury GAA Football All-Ireland U21 Championship semi-finals, which will be played on April 19.

Leinster champions Dublin and Connacht winners Roscommon are already through to the semi-finals, while the identity of the teams to progress from Munster and Ulster will be decided on Wednesday night.

Cork play Tipperary in the Munster final and Cavan face Donegal in the Ulster decider.

Cadbury GAA Football All-Ireland U21 Championship Semi-Finals

Saturday, April 19

If
   Cork v Roscommon, Portlaoise, 3pm (Live on TG4)
   Or
   Tipperary v Roscommon, Tullamore, 3pm (Live on TG4)

If
   Donegal v Dublin, Kingspan Breffni Park, 4.45pm (Live on TG4)
   Or
   Cavan v Dublin, Tullamore/Portlaoise*, 4.45pm

*Double header with Cork v Roscommon or Tipperary v Roscommon.

Syferus

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 07, 2014, 05:12:37 PM
The GAA has confirmed details of the upcoming Cadbury GAA Football All-Ireland U21 Championship semi-finals, which will be played on April 19.

Leinster champions Dublin and Connacht winners Roscommon are already through to the semi-finals, while the identity of the teams to progress from Munster and Ulster will be decided on Wednesday night.

Cork play Tipperary in the Munster final and Cavan face Donegal in the Ulster decider.

Cadbury GAA Football All-Ireland U21 Championship Semi-Finals

Saturday, April 19

If
   Cork v Roscommon, Portlaoise, 3pm (Live on TG4)
   Or
   Tipperary v Roscommon, Tullamore, 3pm (Live on TG4)

If
   Donegal v Dublin, Kingspan Breffni Park, 4.45pm (Live on TG4)
   Or
   Cavan v Dublin, Tullamore/Portlaoise*, 4.45pm

*Double header with Cork v Roscommon or Tipperary v Roscommon.

Sensible planning. A Cavan win on Wednesday will ensure a double header no matter the result in the Munster final.

rodney trotter

Yeah was a double header too last year , thats if Cavan beat Donegal on Wednesday. If Donegal win Semi is in Breffni, which probaly makes sense as it would be fair journey for them to travel Tullamore or Portlaoise.

Rossfan

Tullamore or Portlaoise not bad at all.
I feared we'd be off to Limerick or Ennis.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Westside

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 06, 2014, 04:57:24 PM
Quote from: Westside on April 06, 2014, 03:41:01 PM
I'd have to agree with tommy, Cavan will do well to get past Donegal. We don't have an inside forward that would make it onto a Division 3 Senior side. We had the possession and the opportunities to beat Roscommon out the gate in the Hastings Cup but couldn't finish, they made the most of limited chances and got the win. We place perhaps too much focus on defensive qualities, it has made us difficult to beat and we are competitive again but to take that next step to start winning Championships and competing with top sides at Senior level, we need to unearth a few quality players in the 13-15 jerseys.

Tom Hayes was probaly Cavan best player against Monaghan at Corner forward, winning his own ball, creating chances and taking scores.  Only 18. Conor Madden is a very good prospect, but currently injured.

Might not have a Paddy McBrearty or Cormac Coestolloe but Cavan didnt make the Ulster final for nothing. Plenty of players in the Cavan team are capable of scoring not reliant on one or 2 players, half backs Smith Moyangh, Argue in midfield, Darragh McVeety, Paul Graham, Kevin Bouchier, good array of scorers.

Yes as I said Hayes is a mighty little footballer. Would he get a starting place on a Division 3 Senior Side? I fear not, the same goes for the rest of Cavan's inside forwards. We cannot rely on our half backs or midfielder to do the scoring, you don't win Championship titles without having an inside forward line with a real scoring threat. That's why I fear we may come up short on Wednesday night. Madden is out for certain, Dillon is doubtful. Added to that apparently another player who would be considered an option inside apparently walked off the panel after not getting his place on the side.
The strength of our defence and the footballing ability of our wing backs is at a very high standard and has got us this far but we don't have the forwards to win the All Ireland, remains to be seen whether it will cost us against Donegal.

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on April 07, 2014, 05:36:45 PM
Tullamore or Portlaoise not bad at all.
I feared we'd be off to Limerick or Ennis.

Sensible choice of venues which is rare for the GAA.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

rodney trotter

Quote from: Westside on April 07, 2014, 06:38:49 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on April 06, 2014, 04:57:24 PM
Quote from: Westside on April 06, 2014, 03:41:01 PM
I'd have to agree with tommy, Cavan will do well to get past Donegal. We don't have an inside forward that would make it onto a Division 3 Senior side. We had the possession and the opportunities to beat Roscommon out the gate in the Hastings Cup but couldn't finish, they made the most of limited chances and got the win. We place perhaps too much focus on defensive qualities, it has made us difficult to beat and we are competitive again but to take that next step to start winning Championships and competing with top sides at Senior level, we need to unearth a few quality players in the 13-15 jerseys.

Tom Hayes was probaly Cavan best player against Monaghan at Corner forward, winning his own ball, creating chances and taking scores.  Only 18. Conor Madden is a very good prospect, but currently injured.

Might not have a Paddy McBrearty or Cormac Coestolloe but Cavan didnt make the Ulster final for nothing. Plenty of players in the Cavan team are capable of scoring not reliant on one or 2 players, half backs Smith Moyangh, Argue in midfield, Darragh McVeety, Paul Graham, Kevin Bouchier, good array of scorers.

Yes as I said Hayes is a mighty little footballer. Would he get a starting place on a Division 3 Senior Side? I fear not, the same goes for the rest of Cavan's inside forwards. We cannot rely on our half backs or midfielder to do the scoring, you don't win Championship titles without having an inside forward line with a real scoring threat. That's why I fear we may come up short on Wednesday night. Madden is out for certain, Dillon is doubtful. Added to that apparently another player who would be considered an option inside apparently walked off the panel after not getting his place on the side.
The strength of our defence and the footballing ability of our wing backs is at a very high standard and has got us this far but we don't have the forwards to win the All Ireland, remains to be seen whether it will cost us against Donegal.

Wether he would or wouldn't doesnt matter - . He proved when he came on against Tyrone that he well capable of playing at this level (U21) and put in a very good performance against Monaghan from the start.

Kevin Bouchier is capable of a big performance too.

Westside

It matters in as much as we lack the scoring power that the other top teams have. Do you not think we lack threat going forward Itchy?

Itchy

I do but I am an eternal optimist and was hoping one of the lads could step up. I'd pinned my hopes on Madden but now he is out. What about Nevin O Donnell?

Its also worth remembering Tyrone's star forward was in the pockets of the Cavan backs even though he starts with much success on their seniors. Hopefully same can be done on mcbrearty.