The Battle of Omagh part II - Role reversal

Started by Fuzzman, March 30, 2014, 09:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

I've a feeling the Dublin forward division is going to tear us numerous new arseholes. Dublin 3-19 Tyrone 1-07.

ONeill

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 05, 2014, 09:48:37 AM
I've a feeling the Dublin forward division is going to tear us numerous new arseholes. Dublin 3-19 Tyrone 1-07.

Unless Tyrone play an entire game like the last 20 minutes of the first half against Cork. Half forwards, the Cavs and the half backs all helped dung out in front of the full back line. The early ball into McCurry and Coney. It's the only way. Man for man and we'll cave in after 50 or so.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Walter Cronc

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on April 05, 2014, 09:57:55 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on April 05, 2014, 09:48:37 AM

Unless Tyrone play an entire game like the last 20 minutes of the first half against Cork. Half forwards, the Cavs and the half backs all helped dung out in front of the full back line. The early ball into McCurry and Coney. It's the only way. Man for man and we'll cave in after 50 or so.

Absolutely. Although it's hard to see us keeping that level for 60+ mins. We'll also need the clinical finishing we saw in the first half down in Cork. The sloppiness in front of the posts for the first quarter of the second half crucified us last week. The one positive from our position is the absence of Cluxton. His quality finding his midfield men quickly from kick outs is a huge part of the Dublin game.

orangeman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 05, 2014, 10:39:59 AM
Is this live on tg4?

Live on tg4. 3pm throw in.

Live on the Sky red button 2.30pm kick off to accommodate the adverts and Gary Neville.

Family guy

Tomorrow could be the day to kick start Sean cavanaghs year off,no bigger team to play than the dubs and as yous all know Sean loves the big day and won't like to have seen coney get all the limelight as he needs to be the man being talked about

Redhand Santa

Its good to see Dublin having such a strong team out. No better way of learning where your at than against the All Ireland champions not far off full strength. I think it'll be a high scoring good game. Should be a big crowd and great way to finish of the home fixtures for the league.

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 05, 2014, 12:09:13 PM
Its good to see Dublin having such a strong team out. No better way of learning where your at than against the All Ireland champions not far off full strength. I think it'll be a high scoring good game. Should be a big crowd and great way to finish of the home fixtures for the league.

I think we're well off full strength. We have 8 of our starting All Ireland 15. Missing Cluxton, McMahon, McCaffrey, Brennan, Flynn, Mannion & Kilkenny. Also out are Rock, Bastick & Costello. Still it's nearly strongest team we've had out in league but long way off what you'd expect to see in the Summer.

Actually expect Tyrone to win this. With Cluxton out, midfield struggling and Flynn missing who wins huge amount of ball think Tyrone will win majority of ball and do enough to win.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Somewhat surprised to see Brogan starting on his first game back after such a lengthy lay-off, perhaps Gavin reckons he'll have done enough damage by the time he's inevitably hauled ashore. O'Gara not so much of a surprise after his demolition job last week, though I'd be hopeful that he'll get nothing like the space the Mayo lads liberally afforded him.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Family guy on April 05, 2014, 11:17:06 AM
Tomorrow could be the day to kick start Sean cavanaghs year off,no bigger team to play than the dubs and as yous all know Sean loves the big day and won't like to have seen coney get all the limelight as he needs to be the man being talked about

He would want to get his barnet cut too ............................ absolutely no place on the park for a hair style he is currently sporting

Whishtup

Sidney

Interested to see how Tomas Brady goes at midfield. I really haven't been convinced by him at all since he switched to football, granted he has been injury prone but he hasn't shown much in any match where he has got a run.

Jinxy

Quote from: Whishtup on April 05, 2014, 11:54:07 PM
I expect to see no less than 3.5 shimmies.

I was watching Bayern Munich play Man Utd the other night and every time Arjen Robben got the ball I felt like roaring at the Utd left back, "He's going to cut inside. Onto his left. So he can try to curl it into the far corner. HE LITERALLY DOES THIS EVERY TIME HE GETS THE BALL!"
And yet the defender always seems to get sucked in.
Arjen Robben is the soccer equivalent of Sean Cavanagh.
He doesn't dive as much though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jinxy on April 06, 2014, 12:23:00 AM

I was watching Bayern Munich play Man Utd the other night and every time Arjen Robben got the ball I felt like roaring at the Utd left back, "He's going to cut inside. Onto his left. So he can try to curl it into the far corner. HE LITERALLY DOES THIS EVERY TIME HE GETS THE BALL!"

Yet defenders still fall for it. If it ain't broken.....
That was never a square ball!!

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 06, 2014, 12:57:53 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 06, 2014, 12:23:00 AM

Yet defenders still fall for it. If it ain't broken.....

He wouldn't be able to get away with it if it was reffed properly. He might only be taking small steps but he takes 9 or 10 steps every time he does that shimmy. Still good to watch but totally illegal within the rules of the game.