Railway Cup 2014

Started by BennyCake, February 06, 2014, 08:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

So no Dublin players and no Donegal. Bit of a farce.

Rossfan

Imagine turning down the chance of a cowld wet weekend in Needyand Armagh!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Wet n wild day expected tomorrow. Must remember to bring the hot water bottle.

mayo.mick

I have 3 tickets going free for tomorrow. I think it covers the final on Sunday too, not sure. They say "Weekend pass" Got them free from my season tickets.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

muppet

Quote from: DennistheMenace on December 04, 2015, 08:55:18 AM
So no Dublin players and no Donegal. Bit of a farce.

Doc would be the only certain starter for Mayo of our lads.

Barrett usually plays but if Turbo Tom is fit he normally starts ahead of him.
MWWSI 2017

rrhf

From the Bunker

Could the GAA be taken for false advertising? The Best of the Best?

Captain Obvious

Better weather forecast promised for Sunday would it not make more sense to play the semi finals tomorrow and the final next weekend.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 05, 2015, 09:17:22 AM
Better weather forecast promised for Sunday would it not make more sense to play the semi finals tomorrow and the final next weekend.

These guys are amateurs. To give up time for one weekend is hard enough. For two.......I'd say impossible. Also what if the final has a Munster team. Two weekend travelling to Ulster? It would be as easy to play the games as 11 a side in Cardiff under a roof over one weekend.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 05, 2015, 09:47:22 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 05, 2015, 09:17:22 AM

These guys are amateurs. To give up time for one weekend is hard enough. For two.......I'd say impossible. Also what if the final has a Munster team. Two weekend travelling to Ulster? It would be as easy to play the games as 11 a side in Cardiff under a roof over one weekend.
The two semi final winners have to play twice in two days should amateurs be doing this? It's probably one of the main reasons why so many players have opted out of this.

BennyCake

Hurling and football semis are off. Now what?

Rossfan

Play it as part of an All Stars trip  8)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thewobbler

Well that the evening ruined for a hundred or so players, and roughly the same number of spectators.

From the Bunker

Quote from: thewobbler on December 05, 2015, 02:18:21 PM
Well that the evening ruined for a hundred or so players, and roughly the same number of spectators.

If they went ahead of with it tonight it would be an evening ruined for a hundred or so players, and roughly no spectators.

BennyCake

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 05, 2015, 02:32:53 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on December 05, 2015, 02:18:21 PM

If they went ahead of with it tonight it would be an evening ruined for a hundred or so players, and roughly no spectators.

Maybe in newry, but a semi final in Armagh a couple of years ago attracted 2,500 and a final the year before attracted between 4,000-5,000. Both were cracking games too.