If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maguire01

Quote from: Sea The Stars on February 10, 2014, 09:49:03 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 10, 2014, 07:38:42 PM
Quote from: Sea The Stars on February 09, 2014, 09:17:06 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 09, 2014, 09:08:25 PM
Quote from: Sea The Stars on February 09, 2014, 08:20:33 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 09, 2014, 08:04:48 PM
Quote from: Sea The Stars on February 09, 2014, 05:29:34 PMMonaghan play close to the line and were able to unnerve Meath - completely different to last week when Galway stood off Meath and were happy to play football with us
That's a ridiculous comment. Monaghan played plenty of great football today and Meath simply couldn't match them.

Nothing ridiculous apart the idiot who is clearly very paranoid! I realise Monaghan played some excellent football and they played the type of football I would expect from a top team. Meath had a more naive approach to today's game expecting that Monaghan would let them play as Galway did last week. Monaghan have some class footballers - despite the hammering Meath took it's still enjoyable to see a class footballer like McManus.
Idiot? Really no need to resort to personal abuse.

And now you're talking about how Meath might have been expecting Monaghan to let them play, whereas your initial post was that Monaghan weren't happy to play football with Meath - they were, but Meath couldn't match them.

You're looking for an argument where they is none. You clearly aren't able to understood the points I am making about Monaghan - all good by the way yet you seem to interpret it different. I called you an idiot because that is how you are coming across.
You said Galway "were happy to play football with us", implying that Monaghan weren't happy to play football, that they were negative, dirty, whatever you want to call it. If that's not what you intended, then fair enough, but that's how I read it. Monaghan were more that happy to play football, and they did.

I meant Monaghan didn't let Meath play football as Galway did. Monaghan a lot better at closing off space, etc than Galway. I would thought it obvious that's what I meant. I wasn't trying to imply anything - clearly you have a bit of a problem as you are looking for an argument in everyone's posts.
It's a discussion board. I'm looking for discussion.

Maguire01

Sea The Stars

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 10, 2014, 10:35:30 PM
Quote from: Sea The Stars on February 10, 2014, 09:49:03 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 10, 2014, 07:38:42 PM
Quote from: Sea The Stars on February 09, 2014, 09:17:06 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 09, 2014, 09:08:25 PM
Quote from: Sea The Stars on February 09, 2014, 08:20:33 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 09, 2014, 08:04:48 PM
Quote from: Sea The Stars on February 09, 2014, 05:29:34 PMMonaghan play close to the line and were able to unnerve Meath - completely different to last week when Galway stood off Meath and were happy to play football with us
That's a ridiculous comment. Monaghan played plenty of great football today and Meath simply couldn't match them.

Nothing ridiculous apart the idiot who is clearly very paranoid! I realise Monaghan played some excellent football and they played the type of football I would expect from a top team. Meath had a more naive approach to today's game expecting that Monaghan would let them play as Galway did last week. Monaghan have some class footballers - despite the hammering Meath took it's still enjoyable to see a class footballer like McManus.
Idiot? Really no need to resort to personal abuse.

And now you're talking about how Meath might have been expecting Monaghan to let them play, whereas your initial post was that Monaghan weren't happy to play football with Meath - they were, but Meath couldn't match them.

You're looking for an argument where they is none. You clearly aren't able to understood the points I am making about Monaghan - all good by the way yet you seem to interpret it different. I called you an idiot because that is how you are coming across.
You said Galway "were happy to play football with us", implying that Monaghan weren't happy to play football, that they were negative, dirty, whatever you want to call it. If that's not what you intended, then fair enough, but that's how I read it. Monaghan were more that happy to play football, and they did.

I meant Monaghan didn't let Meath play football as Galway did. Monaghan a lot better at closing off space, etc than Galway. I would thought it obvious that's what I meant. I wasn't trying to imply anything - clearly you have a bit of a problem as you are looking for an argument in everyone's posts.
It's a discussion board. I'm looking for discussion.
Well if looking for discussion, don't open with "Ridiculous comment".

babarino

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 10, 2014, 10:36:27 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 10, 2014, 09:35:07 PM
Quote from: babarino on February 10, 2014, 07:57:52 PM
Maybe we'll meet in Clones later in the year.
is the 1/4 final going to be played in Clones?
Clones if it's Tyrone,  Newry if Down.

It'll be Clones. Wouldn't say no to Newry, but unlikely.

Main Street

Quote from: babarino on February 10, 2014, 10:46:27 PM

From where are you getting this information?

armaghniac

QuoteFrom where are you getting this information?

This is an Ulster first round game, the home and away is presumably already drawn out of the hat.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Main Street

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 11, 2014, 06:57:02 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 11, 2014, 05:27:31 PM
Quote from: babarino on February 10, 2014, 10:46:27 PM

From where are you getting this information?

Thanks for that.
I see the the venue for the first round against Monaghan is based on Tyrone having the home advantage in the preliminary and Down (obviously) conceding the home advantage.
Whoever gets through to the first round, either gains or loses the home advantage.
Not a bad system.

mylestheslasher

So are how are the Meath men taking their 2nd hammering in two years from Monaghan, well I hope.

babarino

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 12, 2014, 11:14:39 AM
So are how are the Meath men taking their 2nd hammering in two years from Monaghan, well I hope.

Cavan are in a lower division, so are in no position to throw digs at Meath. I'd still fancy them to beat ye.

Main Street

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 12, 2014, 11:14:39 AM
I appreciate that some of our neighbours are a bit on the Michael Tynan side of slow,  but Meath have had to endure 2 hammerings and one good beating, from Monaghan inside a 12 months period.
Lessons in life don't come cheap  but we were only too glad to oblige our Meath brethren.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

J OGorman