Muineachán v An Mhí, NFL Division 2 Round 2, Clones, Sunday 9th February 2014

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 03, 2014, 02:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Meath have a bit of wind in this half but its all the other wind they have is the problem
Monaghan 0-19  Meath 0-6

rory beggan just scored a free, 42m out,   20m in from the sideline.
Therefore the wind can't be that strong

thejuice

Monaghan 0-16 
Meath 0-06

Meath 4 unanswered points.

Sign of life at least.

Kevin Reilly is in midfield, Shane O'Rourke at full forward.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

gwan-ye-boy-ya

Main Street

Goalkeeper Rory Beggan with another 45, 2nd in a row
now Monaghan 0-19  Meath 0-06

thejuice

f**k sake,  >:(

Can't get my head round this. Strong one week, absolute shite the next.

I know how good Monaghan are and I could understand it if we'd lost by around 4,5 or even 6 points but to be so far off the mark is puzzling.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

To be honest, I'm not massively surprised.
I saw enough against Kildare and heard enough from the Galway game to know that something like this was entirely possible.
It's probably no harm actually.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Perhaps, I didn't see either game.

If this helps Mick rethink things once again then no harm, but he said it himself that last years drubbing from Monaghan was a wake up call.

???

Main Street

I would have been content with a 6 point win.
I really don't see the need to rub Meath's noses into the mushrooms.

We have better things to do than to be waking up Meath

gwan-ye-boy-ya

Monaghan 0-20 Meath 0-8. FT. sweet

Mushroom soup will be nicer tonight

thejuice

Well done to ye. Ye might have a good year again.

Hope we can at least get something from the Armagh game.

armaghniac

QuoteHope we can at least get something from the Armagh game.

Hopefully you'll get a good beating.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thejuice

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sea The Stars

Defeats like that shouldn't happen to good teams. Monaghan play close to the line and were able to unnerve Meath - completely different to last week when Galway stood off Meath and were happy to play football with us. This defeat brings Meath supporters back down to earth after everyone got a little bit carried away with the scoring power shown last week. Some obvious concerns I would have is how poorly prepared Meath were for this game - after two big defeats to the same opposition in 2013, I expected we would go about the game differently. Also disappointing is how de-spirited some Meath players become as soon as things start going against them.

Also label me a sore loser but I thought the referee made some horrendous decisions. Throwing up the ball when Paddy O'Rourke took too long on a kickout - there was a Monaghan player on the ground and it wasn't obvious to me the referee wanted to play on. Also what is the point of the black card if some referees are going to be afraid to use them - in one instance it was blatantly obvious the Monaghan full-back was hanging off David Bray. This was towards the end when the game was long over - the ref must have noted the fouling because he spoke to the Monaghan player. Yet no card. Just seems like every other rule going where different referees will interpret them different.

timmyot501

Monaghan did rightly. Agree that the throw up against the Meath keeper was very harsh indeed. Also a soft pen for us but we did play very well. Some super points from all angles. Meath were very poor. Expected dangerous forward play but the danger was all at our end. Also well done truagh. Disgrace that the 2 games clashed