Pat Flanagan new Sligo Manager

Started by rodney trotter, November 25, 2013, 10:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

larryin89

More wasted time and energy on a lesser county, who will have a big match win once very 5/6 years .

Leitrim , Sligo and Ross should join forces to have any notion of challenging Mayo and Galway over the next ten years at least.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ck

Quote from: larryin89 on November 30, 2013, 01:48:42 AM
More wasted time and energy on a lesser county, who will have a big match win once very 5/6 years .

Leitrim , Sligo and Ross should join forces to have any notion of challenging Mayo and Galway over the next ten years at least.

Ah Larry would ya whisht! Sure put yee boys in Croke Park and ya can beat no-one either. Big day bottlers!!

For me this is a good appointment for Sligo. Sligo football is on the up, some good young players coming through and of course Kelly back this year. I think Sligo will progress under this man

Rossfan

Quote from: larryin89 on November 30, 2013, 01:48:42 AM

2010 isn't so long ago ya plaidhc. THat was a great year for civilised society - esp around Pearse Park. Longford  ;D ;D
And how many Connchts have Galway won since Sligo won their last one.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

2010 , just another year when Ross never beat any team worth talkin about but you keep telling yourself , it's all grand , one win v Mayo in over twenty years is not bad if you are comparing to Leitrim who have the same.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Quote from: larryin89 on November 30, 2013, 06:56:58 PM
2010 , just another year when Ross never beat any team worth talkin about
Bet the team that bet ye anyway  ;)

GalwayBayBoy

Old Sligo manger Kevin Walsh is the new manager of Na Breathnaigh in Galway.

Croí na hÉireann

As good as any place to post this. Bealin got the boot last night, fair play to the clubs for standing up for football in Westmeath. Vote was 37-12 against Bealin. Year was worse than any of us feared. Need a decent manager to stabilise us next year. Hopefully Tommy Carr has scuppered his chances after a brutal year with the minors.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Just started a thread on this topic :)

Rossfan

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 07, 2014, 11:39:13 AM
As good as any place to post this. Bealin got the boot last night, fair play to the clubs for standing up for football in Westmeath. Vote was 37-12 against Bealin. Year was worse than any of us feared. Need a decent manager to stabilise us next year. Hopefully Tommy Carr has scuppered his chances after a brutal year with the minors.
Ye certainly know how to pick them alright Croí :-\

magpie seanie

Jaysus Croi, you gave me a hear attack there!!!!

Croí na hÉireann

:D Sorry Seanie, stuck for a place to put that, must start a new thread. What's the feeling on Pat after the year? Looks like he came out on the right side of a few tight finishes whereas he was coming out the wrong side down here.

Edit: Scratch that Seanie, just saw your post on the other thread.

Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2014, 02:37:50 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 07, 2014, 11:39:13 AM
Ye certainly know how to pick them alright Croí :-\

You said it. Worse than that the county chairman has come out and said that Bealin brought the most professional approach he has seen, he should have got his 3 years and that his work was finished (you couldn't tell it was even started). Worse than that though he (county board chairman) has aid that we don't have the players, as simple as that. Imagine coming out and saying that! >:(

Anyway, there's a big push from the clubs that the next manager will be from Westmeath so that will hopefully rule out Carr.

AZOffaly

Any chance of Auld Dessie finally getting it? With new Dessie as a sidekick maybe?

Croí na hÉireann

There's a chance I suppose but not likely. If Cunningham isn't retained by Galway he'll be approached I'd say.

sligoman2

Rumors are spreading that he might be the new Offaly manager...

Well at least James Horan is available and McStay and Mchale
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.