GAA Room 101

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, September 04, 2013, 11:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: johnpower on September 08, 2013, 07:34:41 PM
Quote from: Sidney on September 08, 2013, 07:04:55 PM
Brian Carthy. I've just listened to one of the most excruciating hours of radio ever broadcast.

God I agree it was shameful stuff .
Despite being a Rossie Brian is painful.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Sidney

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

The three cheers for the losing team - hip hip... *cringe

highorlow

Bouncing Points.

These should not be allowed to count!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

ogshead

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 08, 2013, 07:01:01 PM
Idiots who say something along the lines of typical GAA whenever a big game is draw, or Ref played for a draw and they dodn't even watch the game!!!

Funny you should say this. A friend of mine from England who loves cricket said something to me along those lines this morning about yesterday's draw. My reply was 'unlike cricket were you get rained off and with no play the match is declared a draw'. His response was 'Touché'

blanketattack

Hurling fans getting big discounts for final replays with no discounts for football fans in 72, 88, 96 and 00 when the country was in a far worse predicament than it is now for some of those years.

Syferus

Quote from: blanketattack on September 09, 2013, 12:49:38 PM
Hurling fans getting big discounts for final replays with no discounts for football fans in 72, 88, 96 and 00 when the country was in a far worse predicament than it is now for some of those years.

Someone actually complaining about a reduction in ticket prices. Now I've seen everything.

Sidney

Quote from: Syferus on September 09, 2013, 01:00:51 PM

Someone actually complaining about a reduction in ticket prices. Now I've seen everything.
It's a bloody disgrace, that's what it is.

blanketattack

The complaint is about the football replays getting no discounts. Personally I think it should be decided on the day like all other major sports finals. The Fa gave up final replays for the good of the international team even in non-euros and WC years. Could the Gaa give up final replays for the good of the club c'ships?

Sidney

Quote from: blanketattack on September 09, 2013, 01:39:49 PM

The complaint is about the football replays getting no discounts. Personally I think it should be decided on the day like all other major sports finals. The Fa gave up final replays for the good of the international team even in non-euros and WC years. Could the Gaa give up final replays for the good of the club c'ships?
When was the last football replay?

Hereiam

Fisted/palmed goals should be not allowed. Its doesn't look right when it happens.

AZOffaly

Like what? Extra time and penalties? The FA gave up final replays because they don't give a f**k about the FA Cup now that the Premier league is under their control.

From the Bunker

Have to say. Looking at last nights Sunday Game and seeing the players and management at the post match banquets. It made me reminded me that there were still obligations for the players and management even in the case of a draw. Can't see why the game was not wrapped up yesterday in extra time. Players, managers and fans will often be put out with a draw. Days off work, sorting out tickets again, costs.  Club scene put on hold. But sure a draw is worth a fortune to the GAA. So why kill the golden goose?

Shamrock Shore

QuoteBut sure a draw is worth a fortune to the GAA. So why kill the golden goose?

Yes- which benefits almost every club ultimately in Ireland.

WTF is there all this focus on the money (Grab All Association yada yada yada) when it all drips down to provinces, counties and clubs. The extra 3 mill or whatever generated by the replay can be used to develop hurling in the wastelands of Leitrim, Longford, Roscommon, additional funds towards the players' funds, more grants to build dressing rooms, gyms, equipment et al and not to line some pockets.