All Ireland Senior Football Championship Quarter Finals Draw

Started by drici, July 27, 2013, 07:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: Itchy on July 28, 2013, 10:08:57 AM
Is there any point Cavan turning up?

I struggle to understand why Cavan have no hope against Kerry yet Monaghan could beat Tyrone. Cavan ran Monaghan to a point in their own ground. If Tyrone were playing Kerry the experts would call it 50:50.

No matter, raging outsiders will suit us fine. Our biggest problem is we look so heavy legged against London.
Do you think Cavan do have a hope?

Itchy

Yes I do and they have as much hope as Monaghan of beating Tyrone.

From the Bunker

Quote from: gwan-ye-boy-ya on July 28, 2013, 10:28:39 AM
All-Ireland SFC quarter-final draw:
Saturday, 3 August

Monaghan v Tyrone, 5pm
Dublin v Cork, 7pm
Sunday 4 August
Kerry v Cavan, 2pm
Mayo v Donegal, 4pm

Why are the furthest away counties Kerry, Mayo and Donegal playing on the Sunday?

Maguire01

rodney trotter

Maguire01

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 28, 2013, 12:17:25 PM
No, Kerry would be further then Cork.
Suppose it depends where in those counties you're coming from. What if you're on the Beara Peninsula?!

rodney trotter

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 28, 2013, 12:26:21 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on July 28, 2013, 12:17:25 PM
No, Kerry would be further then Cork.
Suppose it depends where in those counties you're coming from. What if you're on the Beara Peninsula?!

Most parts of Cork would be closer with the straight motor way up. the farthest part of Kerry is Dingle , that is over 4hrs from Dublin. Nowhere in Cork as far as that ?

Beara Penisula is a different ball game.

HiMucker

I fancy the quarter final winners will be:

Cavan
Monaghan
Mayo
Dublin

Mayo to win the all Ireland.  I thought they were very good last year, and have developed their squad and pushed on this year.

DJGaliv

Do you think these qfs double headers will be full house, or is there a chance of a ticket.
Some great games in store.

Whishtup

Tyrone
Dublin
Kerry
Donegal

Tyrone Dub Semi

Tyrone Donegal final

Tyrone Champions.

(somebody wake me up)

Schkite

Quote from: Whishtup on July 28, 2013, 01:18:13 PM
Tyrone
Dublin
Kerry
Donegal

Tyrone Dub Semi

Tyrone Donegal final

Tyrone Champions.

(somebody wake me up)

That can't happen.

If those teams win the quarters, the semis will be Tyrone-Donegal and Dublin-Kerry.

Whishtup

Quote from: Schkite on July 28, 2013, 01:20:57 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on July 28, 2013, 01:18:13 PM
Tyrone
Dublin
Kerry
Donegal

Tyrone Dub Semi

Tyrone Donegal final

Tyrone Champions.

(somebody wake me up)

That can't happen.

If those teams win the quarters, the semis will be Tyrone-Donegal and Dublin-Kerry.

Feck, that's the season ruined!

Ok, we'll take Donegal in the semis and Dublin in the final.

EC Unique

Can't understand why so many of you are tipping Monaghan to beat Tyrone. Monaghan to beat Tyrone in a championship match in croke park? Seriously?

neilthemac

Quote from: EC Unique on July 28, 2013, 02:11:41 PM
Can't understand why so many of you are tipping Monaghan to beat Tyrone. Monaghan to beat Tyrone in a championship match in croke park? Seriously?
Tyrone will go 2/3 ahead with soft frees and just start fouling the opposition up the field and run down the clock

HiMucker

Quote from: EC Unique on July 28, 2013, 02:11:41 PM
im tipping them on the basis that if they bring the same intensity as the ulster final to the table, they will win.  If they don't then tyrone will.  Monaghan will not give Sean cav the same freedom Meath gave him.  They also won't give away as many scoreable frees. (Albeit some of them Meath had no choice as tyrone had men over and could have worked the goal)
Monaghan battered a Donegal side that tyrone badly struggled with.  I don't think you should be shocked that a FEW posters are tipping Monaghan. I won't be surprised if tyrone win all the same